Most Annoying Start to the Season EVER....

Posted in the Kasey Kahne Forum

ramfan9

Barre, VT

#1 Feb 27, 2012
I am not sure how everyone else is feeling about this mess but I am really annoyed as the way this season has started - rain delay aside.

I have been waiting to see Kasey in the 5 car since the news broke in early 2010 that he would be driving for Hendrick. It seems like this week has taken forever to get here but it has left me more frustrated than anything.

Starting with the Shootout I was annoyed right out of the gate because I HATE his paint scheme and could not pick him out on the track. When I finally saw him it was just to clearly see that he was involved in the wreck and of course per typical Kasey luck it was just enough damage to take him out of contnetion. Frustrating - but oh well, it's only the Shootout and it doesn't mean anything.

Then comes qualfying where Kasey was BY FAR the slowest Hendrick car. He may have gotten a bad draw as all the cars that went out in the later portion were slow but I just wanted to see some speed out of the car. Frustrating - but oh well, qualifying means nothing unless you're on the front row.

Next was practice for the Duel. He wrecks of course but it wasn't just that he wrecked it was that he went spinning through the grass and managed to not hit anything and the car was still destroyed. I can't tell you how many times I've seen other guys do that and the car is fine. Not Kasey- the whole front end of the car is just about ripped off from what should have been a harmless slide. Frustrating - but oh well they can go to a back up and still get a decent starting spot of they run well in The Duel.

Then comes The Duel. The one brightspot was this was the first time the back up car was on the track and he ran OK. He ran with the leaders for the majority of the race after starting in the back but I still had to be annoyed with the way things played out. He comes in with teammate Jimmie Johnson and when it is crucial to get on and off pit road together they take tires and Jimmie is gas only. Why? How could they not have been on the same page there? A 10th palce finish is OK but it could have been better. Frustrating but who cares? Starting position means nothing in a race where you'll likely go from to the back to front and front to back 5 times or more.

I was really excited for the Nationwide race since it looked like Kasey had a fast car. My wife and I had a ton of stuff to do Saturday but I was looking forward to getting home in the late afternoon/early evening and watching it on my DVR. The problem was that for some reason the DVR did not record it like it should have. It only recorded the countdown show. When I saw the highlights I was even more annoyed since Kasey was in a great spot coming out the last turn and had a great run and may have finished 1st or 2nd had it not been for the crash. I was happy for James Buescher but just once I'd like to see the Red Sea part for Kasey like that. Frustrating but oh well what really matters is The 500.

Then comes the whole mess witht the rain delay. I am actually happy it has been pushed to 7:00pm tonight because I just can't miss work today and obviously have little faith in my DVR. Whatever happens from here this has been by far the most annoying start to the season ever for me.
blah 39

Willimantic, CT

#2 Mar 15, 2012
lets keep rolling shall we???
daytona happens and what do u know crash again none of his fault... done...
Pheonix has one of fastest cars on track, pile drives his own car into the wall.. rookie move.. oh well lets move on to third race... starts on pole..
which is the kasey we all know and love and want to see..
fades early but stays in top tne throughout the race.. was cruising towards a top 3 finish or so.. when cousin carl.. the great teammate he is.. shoves his teammate up the track, kenseth gets loose and collects kasey... NOBODY ELSE>
when does the golden horseshoe that hendrick supposedly has gonna take some of the bad luck from him?
This is utterly ridiculous.. if kasey didnt have bad luck hed have no luck... cant win...
ramfan9

Jericho, VT

#3 Mar 18, 2012
blah 39 wrote:
lets keep rolling shall we???
daytona happens and what do u know crash again none of his fault... done...
Pheonix has one of fastest cars on track, pile drives his own car into the wall.. rookie move.. oh well lets move on to third race... starts on pole..
which is the kasey we all know and love and want to see..
fades early but stays in top tne throughout the race.. was cruising towards a top 3 finish or so.. when cousin carl.. the great teammate he is.. shoves his teammate up the track, kenseth gets loose and collects kasey... NOBODY ELSE>
when does the golden horseshoe that hendrick supposedly has gonna take some of the bad luck from him?
This is utterly ridiculous.. if kasey didnt have bad luck hed have no luck... cant win...
Well let's keep it rolling this week too. I am so mad that DW and the morons at Fox are trying to suggest this was more Kasey's fault than it was Regan's. Kasey was faster than him and had him cleared and the 78 got a run and didn't cut him a break even though Kasey was CLEARLY faster. Why not cut a guy a break who is so much faster than you especially with a competition caution coming in a few laps?

What Kasey said in the interview sums it up. They have had the best car the last 3 weeks and have zero to show for it and I am really worried that the team can't possibly keep any momentum as far as bringing good cars to the track if things keep up like this. It's total BS that the 78 did not check up. I think Kasey just eased it high like that because he was trying not race too hard too early and figured that others would have the same common sense. Too bad he was wrong.
lynnlizzy

Murrysville, PA

#4 Mar 18, 2012
C'mon you can't place all the blame on the 78. Kasey was not clear and his spotter told him he was.
Kasey should have held his line instead of shooting up to the top, its the little things like this that keeps getting him in trouble. I feel like he is driving like a rookie again,wrecking cars all the time, no patience at all. I don't like blaming everything on bad luck because it's an easy excuse, sorry if you don't agree but that's my opinion.Kasey dosen't have anymore excuses and he can't afford to lose anymore points so he better figure it out fast.
ramfan9

Jericho, VT

#5 Mar 18, 2012
lynnlizzy wrote:
C'mon you can't place all the blame on the 78. Kasey was not clear and his spotter told him he was.
Kasey should have held his line instead of shooting up to the top, its the little things like this that keeps getting him in trouble. I feel like he is driving like a rookie again,wrecking cars all the time, no patience at all. I don't like blaming everything on bad luck because it's an easy excuse, sorry if you don't agree but that's my opinion.Kasey dosen't have anymore excuses and he can't afford to lose anymore points so he better figure it out fast.
Couldn't disagree with you more. Kasey DID have him clear at one point and that is why Kole said "clear." The 78 got a big run off the high side and tried to get back along side as the hole was closing. I really can't understand for the life of me why the 78 was pushing the issue so hard with a caution coming up. Kasey CLEARLY had the faster car and all he was doing was slowing everyone around him down. And Kasey didn't just instantly cut up high. He eased it up there because even though his spotter said "clear" Kasey knew the 78 would get a run on the high side so he gave him every opportunity to ease out of the gas and the 78 just ran through him.

I am not saying Kasey is totally innocent here because he could have shown more patience but I see nothing wrong with what he did easing up there like that. I hate to say it but I think the only way they will make the Chase now is to get back to the top 20 and win some races and get one of the wild card spots. The only other way is if they are top 10 every race for here on out and even that may not be enough. It just sucks to be so excited for this season and have it go like this. Phoenix was on him but other than that he just can't catch a break. The car has been there every week - he's even had multiple people in the garage pick him to win the last 3 weeks. I just hope they can get get to solid top 10 runs in at Fontana and Martinsville going into the off week to get some momentum by that may be a tall order at Martinsville unless he really learns something from the other Hendrick cars set ups.
ramfan9

Jericho, VT

#6 Mar 26, 2012
And it continues this week too...I really have to question NASCAR's handling of this race. EVERYONE knew it was going to rain. They started talking about it Saturday afternoon. When I was younger I remember they would push the starting time an hour or so to try to get the whole race in. I don't care what anyone says. It is obvious that NASCAR told the drivers at the driver's meeting that morning that the rain was coming and to give each other room and don't cause any cautions to make sure we get to half way.

It was so annoying to KNOW the rain was coming and see the BEAUTIFUL weather they had all morning and still only get half a race. What tops it all off is that Kasey was off just enough to struggle somewhat and they kept talking about needing a shock adjustment that they could not do under green. They had gotten the car better though and their lap times were probably top 10 but they were just too far behind to make it up.

The only things I can say to sum it up are it just figures that Kasey gets his best finish of the year with their worst car and I'd be plenty pissed if I bought a ticket to this race to see a glorified parade to half way. Oh and glad to see Jimmie Johnson found his golden horseshoe again. Kasey has 3 finishes outside the top 25 this year with cars that were capable of winning and Jimmie finishes 10th with a blown engine. Gotta love it.
lynnlizzy

Murrysville, PA

#7 Apr 1, 2012
I wish this was an April Fools joke because this is getting frustrating. I don't know about anyone else but, I just know something bad is going to happen when Kasey is running good. I mean what the hell is going on this year. I know its still early in the year but if he can't get going this is going to be a waste of another year. That chase berth is getting smaller each race. But can't do anything about it, just have to suffer through the shit and hope for the best.
ramfan9

Jericho, VT

#8 Apr 1, 2012
lynnlizzy wrote:
I wish this was an April Fools joke because this is getting frustrating. I don't know about anyone else but, I just know something bad is going to happen when Kasey is running good. I mean what the hell is going on this year. I know its still early in the year but if he can't get going this is going to be a waste of another year. That chase berth is getting smaller each race. But can't do anything about it, just have to suffer through the shit and hope for the best.
What amazes me is that I can't remember Hendrick having any engine issues over the last few years and suddenly this year Gordon loses one at Daytona, Johnson loses one at California (even though the lucky bastard still finished 10th) and now Kasey loses one today.

I really don't what to say about Kasey's slow start other than I am glad there's a wild card. He should have no problem winning a few races this year with how fast they have been and he can't possible keep having something go wrong every week can he?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kasey Kahne Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Will Dale Earnhardt Jr. Finally Contend for a N... (Jan '14) Aug 25 Jr IQ 88 232
Kurt Busch-Keselowski feud flares up just in ti... Apr '14 Kurtfann41 1
2014 (Mar '14) Mar '14 oldschool1979 1
Magazine says Kahne is gay (Jul '08) Feb '14 U just really dun... 64
A classic Plymouth with a NASCAR soul (Sep '13) Oct '13 WHOYAKIDDING 9
NASCAR's Kasey Kahne says he wasn't hurt during... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Jusy_Sayn 2
NASCAR: More problems for Hendrick cars at Mich... (Aug '13) Sep '13 nascar maybe best... 5
•••
•••

Kasey Kahne People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••