Raising Kahne

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2010

Saw what happened with the gas can, but what happened the first time when he missed his pit stall. It was a terrible day. Anyone know how the car was.
Nicki

Shelbyville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2010

I missed the majority of the race, but he has said during an earlier race (after joining RB this year) on the scanner that the pit sign is hard to find on the trip down pit road.

I have to admit, the 83 sign is not very eye-catching when you have 43 pit signs hanging up. I don't remember which race it was, but the TV showed a view of the length of pit road and the sheer number of signs bobbing around was chaos.

To make it worse, the colors don't exactly stand out very well. I like the bright neon green sign that one car had (maybe Jeff Gordon?). That one you could find in a hurry!

“Made in Canada.”

Since: Dec 06

Ontario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2010

Disaster. Disaster disaster disaster of a race.

He couldn't see the sign because they had it hanging at the same height as the team behind them (so the sign Kasey would see first coming down) so it was blocked. And Jimmy didn't count him down to his pit box so Kasey didn't know where to go.

Then, of course they left the gas can on the back. Like, really?? Take the damn thing off before you tell him to leave! Then he comes back down for them to take it off AND THEY'RE PREPARING AS IF IT'S A PIT STOP. Kasey COMPLETELY lost his mind on that team after that - something along the lines of "WTF ARE YOU DOING WE JUST HAD A PIT STOP".

The car was just bad all day. Kasey was so confused because it was really good (in his words) in practice on Saturday and they only changed two (I think) things before the race and it all went to hell. He basically told Jimmy to figure out what he did to kill it. It got better, but by then he was like 3 laps down from the pit stop disasters, so they couldn't do anything.
Raising Kahne

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2010

Looks like its going to be a long year next year, if they don't get some guys that know what the are doing. Sorry to see things are souring so fast at Red Bull. I really hope Kenny is still coming next year. Jimmy seems like a joke.

“Made in Canada.”

Since: Dec 06

Ontario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 15, 2010

I miss Kenny. All I hear out of Jimmy is "10-4" it feels like. Kenny seems to communicate more with Kasey. It also feels like Kasey tells Jimmy what to do or wants to do the complete opposite of what Jimmy suggests. With Kenny, he suggests something and more often than not Kasey agrees or makes minor tweaks to it.

Their first race together I didn't mind Jimmy because he communicated A LOT with him, but it's kind of been going away now.
blah39

North Westchester, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 18, 2010

lets not lose hope yet people. we all know jimmy is a horrible crew chief, he was scott speeds crew chief for the last year or so, what has scott speed done? Then brian vickers has blood clots, cant drive, so they switch crew chiefs to help scott speed. Now scott speed went from horrible to almost horrible..sometimes he does ok. Only due to the crew chief change. Now kasey gets stuck with the loser crew chief and look how hes doing. Finishing mediocre when he finishes. Thats all to do with making chicken soup out of chicken poop, kasey is the best at that, hes been driving inferior equipment all his life and making it work. Kenny francis is a smart man and i guarantee next year when he drops his setups in that car, theres a chance he might make the chase, but im sorry i dont think his debut at red bull will be any better than he was at RPM. he be on the bubble yet again, have a hot streak thru the summer like he always done(he usually kicks it in high gear around may and finishes sometime in july.) Hell probably have a couple flashes of brilliance, but otherwise, just another year of waiting. Kasey Kahne fans know all about waiting. lol.
I hope he does better then im thinking, but without good equipment, your gonna use the car up before the end of the race.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Kasey Kahne Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Will Dale Earnhardt Jr. Finally Contend for a N... (Jan '14) Mon Jr IQ 88 232
Kurt Busch-Keselowski feud flares up just in ti... Apr '14 Kurtfann41 1
2014 Mar '14 oldschool1979 1
Magazine says Kahne is gay (Jul '08) Feb '14 U just really dun... 64
A classic Plymouth with a NASCAR soul (Sep '13) Oct '13 WHOYAKIDDING 9
NASCAR's Kasey Kahne says he wasn't hurt during... (Sep '13) Sep '13 Jusy_Sayn 2
NASCAR: More problems for Hendrick cars at Mich... (Aug '13) Sep '13 nascar maybe best... 5

Search the Kasey Kahne Forum:
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••