No end in sight for Busch's NASCAR domination

Aug 29, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Maple Heights Press

When Kyle Busch won the truck race at Bristol, most of his "haters" simply shrugged.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 19 of19
MISSU3

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2010

Judged:

Haters fall in to 2 categories: uneducated fans of racing who don't care for anything except vanilla drivers and vanilla races OR Jr. nation who hates anyone who wins except Jr. which means they hate just about everyone except Derrick Cope. Kyle is the best thing to happen to NASCAR since we lost Dale. I've gotten so sick of all the PC spouting, vanilla drivers. He's breathed life back into a sport that was floundering.
One Old Dude

Oxnard, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2010

Judged:

MISSU3 wrote:
Haters fall in to 2 categories: uneducated fans of racing who don't care for anything except vanilla drivers and vanilla races OR Jr. nation who hates anyone who wins except Jr. which means they hate just about everyone except Derrick Cope. Kyle is the best thing to happen to NASCAR since we lost Dale. I've gotten so sick of all the PC spouting, vanilla drivers. He's breathed life back into a sport that was floundering.
You are so ignorant of this "sport" it is pathetic.

NASCAR is hemorrhaging big dollars as life time fans are abandoning the sport.

Apparently you have not been watching the races and seeing the empty stands.

REAL NASCAR fans do not like arrogant punks like him.

They prefer drivers like the Jarrett family the Labonte bro's,MARK people who have some class.

His brother Kurt was a Cup champ a few year back.

I went to three races that year at three different tracks and there was virtually NO one at his souvenir haulers.

All through out the day I wandered trough and there was no one even looking.

If he is such a talented driver why wasn't he win at his last employer?

NASCAR assumes that the fans are so stupid they can not tell when a certain foreign car manufacture is being given a competitive edge.

If NASCAR once to assume its credibility then ban Manufacture support for all race teams.

You'll see those Toyota's back in the field and NOT leading.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2010

Judged:

One Old Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
They prefer drivers like the Jarrett family the Labonte bro's,MARK people who have some class.
I went to three races that year at three different tracks and there was virtually NO one at his souvenir haulers.
NASCAR assumes that the fans are so stupid they can not tell when a certain foreign car manufacture is being given a competitive edge.
If NASCAR once to assume its credibility then ban Manufacture support for all race teams.
I think you are ignorant and blind to the Man's talent.
Softheart1

San Fernando, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2010

Judged:

One Old Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
I think there's PLENTY of room for OLD and NEW fans to like Kyle Busch! I'm not sure why 'some' of the fans can't deal with a cocky driver, there's been plenty of them in the past! Kyle's good, he knows he's good, and WE know he's good. I personally love the guy, and I am even sometimes frustrated with HIS frustration..... Maybe that's it, I don't know but he sure brings a lot to THIS fan as I watch him week after week..... There's lots of good drivers in both the Nationwide and the Sprint, let alone in the truck race.... Many weeks I don't care WHO wins, it's all good, although my preference is either Kyle or Tony.... What can I say, I love a guy that is cocky, confident and races each track like it's his last race.
GO ROWDY!!! Keep your fans happy and let the rest deal with it!!

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Since: Jun 07

Raleigh

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2010

Judged:

Let's face it, Kyle isn't nearly the smartass he was 3 or 4 years ago. He' matured and his driving skills have improved. At present, quite frankly there is no one in NASCAR that comes close to him in overall talent. He's still a little cocky but he has a right to be. He's the only driver on the scene right now that can talk the talk and then walk the walk. He can drive anything from a dirt late model to a Cup car to victory lane. He is the major talent in NASCAR right now.
The Fat and the Furious

Bloomfield Hills, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2010

Judged:

Please! Like I've said before, what the hell does having talent have to do with people liking you? Some people don't like the guy because they perceive him as an a**hole and a whiner when things don't go his way and there's a good argument for that case. That doesn't mean that everyone who doesn't like Kyle isn't a true racing fan or knows nothing about the sport. It simply means that they don't like people that they feel are complete jerks. It also doesn't mean that just because someone doesn't care for Kyle, they don't recognize that he has some talent behind the wheel.

It's funny how some people try and defend Kyle by insulting others who don't like him by saying things like, you only like the vanilla drivers (or insert your favorite cliche.) Than they go on and on about Kyle's talent and how much he's won, but of course, than they criticize others who have been proven winners in the same paragraph. Make up your minds. Does winning mean people should like you or doesn't it? Not having a hideous personality doesn't make any other driver out there any less talented or an less driven to succeed. Maybe if you give other guys credit for what they've accomplished, instead of always coming up with lame, ridiculous excuses for their success, people will take you a little more serious when that's a big reason why you like Kyle. Would you still love him if he ran at the back of the pack? For many, I doubt it. It's just another example of hypocrisy at it's finest.

Anyway, I personally don't care to much for Kyle's personality. I find both he a Kurt to be not very likeable. That doesn't take away from the fact that I respect his talent though. As I've also mentioned in previous posts, I fully expect him to be a Cup champion and it won't be surprised in the least to see multiple championships from him.
barr

Temperance, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2010

Judged:

You forgot one MISSU3,or A bunch of UAW workers that have been told to hate on toyota and honda. A good thing is happening though. The longer Jr contines to drive like Danica, jr nation more or less stays away. And don't think for a minute that if NASCAR wanted to shut up Kyle they would do it.

Since: Jul 10

Baltimore Md

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2010

Judged:

Sure, Busch is dominiate, but in the 'Junior' series of Truck and Nationwide. Once NASCAR elimnates the Sprint Cup drivers from Nationwide next year, he'll be just alonther driver. His Sprint Cup status bear that out.
The Fat and the Furious

Bloomfield Hills, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2010

Judged:

racinginsider wrote:
Sure, Busch is dominiate, but in the 'Junior' series of Truck and Nationwide. Once NASCAR elimnates the Sprint Cup drivers from Nationwide next year, he'll be just alonther driver. His Sprint Cup status bear that out.
I don't know about him being just another driver, but it's certainly true that he has far from dominated in the premier series of Nascar. Plus, how many Cup drivers race full seasons in Camping World and Nationwide series? He's got the talent to win a championship in Cup, but he has not even come close to dominating. That distinction belongs to someone, but it sure as heck hasn't been Kyle.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2010

Judged:

The Fat and the Furious wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know about him being just another driver, but it's certainly true that he has far from dominated in the premier series of Nascar. Plus, how many Cup drivers race full seasons in Camping World and Nationwide series? He's got the talent to win a championship in Cup, but he has not even come close to dominating. That distinction belongs to someone, but it sure as heck hasn't been Kyle.
JJ Wouldn't have those cups if not for Chad. Just saying.
barr

Temperance, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2010

Judged:

I think there is something to be said about JJ and Chad. obviously JJ is a good driver but i guess that is why everyone hasn't jumped on his bandwagon. It's probably a lot easier to succeed with the best equip and the best crew chief ever.
The Fat and the Furious

Bloomfield Hills, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2010

barr wrote:
I think there is something to be said about JJ and Chad. obviously JJ is a good driver but i guess that is why everyone hasn't jumped on his bandwagon. It's probably a lot easier to succeed with the best equip and the best crew chief ever.
Yea, but what people don't want to accept is that Harvick, Busch, Biffle, Edwards, Hamlin and on and on have the best of everything too and yet, Jimmie has been the dominant one. Even his teammates haven't been able to really compete with him and I think that says something about his determination and talent behind the wheel, just as much as Kyle's success makes his talent pretty evident. Because, at the end of the day, there's only one guy in that car when the race is going on and the talented ones rise to the top to prove why they're in the best equipment on the best teams.

I'd also mention a couple of things about Chad. He has proven himself no more than Jimmie has when it comes to working with someone else, yet people call Chad the best and try and pretend like they believe Jimmie to be lacking in talent. Kind of hypocritical, don't you think? Those 2 just mesh well together which makes both of them look spectacular. There's no doubt they both have a lot of talent and drive,(which explains why the do so well together) but there's no guarantee that either of them would have the same success paired with someone else. There's no guarantee that the wouldn't have the same success either. There both good communicators and they both have immense drive to succeed and that usually translates into success by making those around you that much better.

Anyway, Jimmie's success speaks for itself, as does Kyle's. People who try and deny that either of these guys are 2 of the best are either liars or just plain ignorant fools. You can't argue with success and they both have proven that they're, not only winner, but 2 of the best we've seen. Like I've already mentioned, a championship or multiple championships for Kyle is a foregone conclusion in my mind. Just as the fact that Jimmie will remain a favorite year in and year out to win it all is. Because, when all is said and done, these 2 are both phenomenal talents and people liking or disliking either of them won't change that.
JJ2FST488

Winchester, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2010

Judged:

...except the annual Chase is about to start. We all know what happens to "Bebe Kid" Kyle in the chase. He nuts up and gives up. Oh sure ol' PeeWee Herman can win here, there, everywhere but he has yet to close the deal. In his 7 years of racing in the Sprint Cup racing he has 19 wins & 0 championships. That's an average of 2.5 wins and 0 championships a year. Hmmm, Kyle Busch...he's no Jimmie Johnson (52 wins + 4 championships)

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2010

Judged:

JJ2FST488 wrote:
...except the annual Chase is about to start. We all know what happens to "Bebe Kid" Kyle in the chase. He nuts up and gives up. Oh sure ol' PeeWee Herman can win here, there, everywhere but he has yet to close the deal. In his 7 years of racing in the Sprint Cup racing he has 19 wins & 0 championships. That's an average of 2.5 wins and 0 championships a year. Hmmm, Kyle Busch...he's no Jimmie Johnson (52 wins + 4 championships)
Jimmie and Chad have asterisk by their championships, IE Cheaters. and Kyle finished ahead of Jimbob today
JJ2FST488

Winchester, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2010

Judged:

...as opposed to Kyle who's just an ass with no championships. JJ is STILL gonna win his 5th championship (in a row). One race in the Chase doesn't decide anything. He'll bounce back and win @ Dover. All you haters who don't think he'll win it get proven wrong year after year after year, etc. Your telling me Kyle has never been caught cheating? Please. Cheating is as much a part of Nascar as fender-bending and Southern drawls. Every driver, crew chief, and team owner have tried and/or been caught cheating.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 19, 2010

Judged:

JJ2FST488 wrote:
...as opposed to Kyle who's just an ass with no championships. JJ is STILL gonna win his 5th championship (in a row). One race in the Chase doesn't decide anything. He'll bounce back and win @ Dover. All you haters who don't think he'll win it get proven wrong year after year after year, etc. Your telling me Kyle has never been caught cheating? Please. Cheating is as much a part of Nascar as fender-bending and Southern drawls. Every driver, crew chief, and team owner have tried and/or been caught cheating.
Kyle has matured. and I believe he has a good shot at dethroning the Man.
redrum

Pittsfield, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2010

He may or may not dethrone JJ but JJ still has the 4 in a row, And i doubt that Kyle will ever master something like that.

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Since: Jun 07

Raleigh

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2010

Judged:

Okay, I'm going to say this again. At present, right now, this very minute, Kyle Busch is the most talented overall driver in NASCAR. Period! Who gives a fat rat's pooty why he didn't win more when he was driving for Hendrick. He sure as hell won more than his replacement has. If Shrub had run a full Nationwide or Truck schedule would Brad or Todd be the points leader in those series right now? I'll answer that, Hell No. Jimmie is the next most talented driver but he has an advantage in the Cup Series that Shrub doesn't, Chad Knaus. Chad is Jimmie's equalizer. If Shrub dedicated himself solely to the Cup series, he'd be untouchable. I still don't like the prick but I'm objective enough to realize his talent and potential and honest enough to admit it. Unless something unfortunate happens, in the next 15 years he will eclipse every major record set by the past and present leaders of the sport.

“How We Roll”

Since: Nov 08

Area 51, Nevada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2010

Judged:

Whoyakidding wrote:
Okay, I'm going to say this again. At present, right now, this very minute, Kyle Busch is the most talented overall driver in NASCAR. Period!
I won't say you're crazy or even really incorrect, but I'd have to wonder by what means you define 'most talented'. Kyle seems like the best because there's not many to compare him to. If there were 20 other drivers before him that raced in each of the same series he did, we'd have a basis for comparison. But lets say there were and that he outperformed them all, that counts as results, but the manner in which he achieved these results would be the next thing in question. I would say he has a unique compilation of experience, which doesn't discredit the fact he has it, of course, but that only gives him the potential to be the best.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 19 of19
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Justin Marks Discussions

Search the Justin Marks Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Jeremy Mayfield considers selling race team (Jul '09) Oct '13 Chargeforward1 22
Kyle Busch wins 100th career NASCAR race (Jul '11) Jul '11 Racing Granny 5
Kyle Busch wins Nationwide race in N.H. for 100... (Jul '11) Jul '11 wall 4
Ragan posts first NASCAR Sprint Cup victory (Jul '11) Jul '11 Ford Man 2
Mark Purdy: Tony Stewart and Brian Vickers put ... (Jun '11) Jun '11 Jackson 3
NASCAR penalizes Busch after failing post-race (Jun '11) Jun '11 08malibu 32
Denny Hamlin takes NASCAR race at Michigan (Jun '11) Jun '11 08malibu 3
•••
•••