Juan Pablo Montoya to drive two of la...

Juan Pablo Montoya to drive two of last four Nationwide races for Chip Ganassi

There are 25 comments on the www.scenedaily.com story from Oct 28, 2008, titled Juan Pablo Montoya to drive two of last four Nationwide races for Chip Ganassi. In it, www.scenedaily.com reports that:

Chip Ganassi Racing has announced that NASCAR Sprint Cup Series driver Juan Pablo Montoya will compete for the team in two of the season's remaining four Nationwide Series races.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.scenedaily.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Mar 08

Greenfield, IN

#1 Oct 28, 2008
Come on Texas and Homestead!
Whoyakidding

Raleigh, NC

#2 Oct 28, 2008
And I hope the man takes this opportunity to wear Shrub's butt out. Just treat him like a step-child, him and cousin Carl both. The juicy fruit car is sharp!

18chick

“Sit on it! ”

Since: Jun 08

Kyle Universe

#3 Oct 28, 2008
Whoyakidding wrote:
And I hope the man takes this opportunity to wear Shrub's butt out. Just treat him like a step-child, him and cousin Carl both. The juicy fruit car is sharp!
Haha. Kyle has no butt :P I doubt Juan will leave Kyle in the dust, but he will get a top five at least :)
A real fan

Irons, MI

#4 Oct 28, 2008
He will finish at the end just like he does in Sprint Cup
Dusty

United States

#5 Oct 28, 2008
NASCAR is trying to use his racial make up to get more ethnic fans in the stands for the normally boring Saturday show. This is the extent of their diversity program.
Jules

Rock Hall, MD

#6 Oct 28, 2008
A real fan wrote:
He will finish at the end just like he does in Sprint Cup
You mean that you can finish at the back and be 24 in points? You must not be a watching the Nascar Sprint cup series. Start here Nascar.com and tune in on Sunday.
Dusty

United States

#7 Oct 28, 2008
Jules wrote:
<quoted text>You mean that you can finish at the back and be 24 in points? You must not be a watching the Nascar Sprint cup series. Start here Nascar.com and tune in on Sunday.
How about watching paint dry instead.
The real and relevant racing starts up again in March at the 12 Hours of Sebring.

“Life is Beautiful”

Since: Apr 08

Sao Paulo Brasil

#8 Oct 28, 2008
I think it was a mistake for Chip Ganassi to shut down Montoya's Nationwide team! He is a career open wheel driver and as good as he is in open wheels, he needs all the experience that he can get driving the totally different stock cars and he could have used all of the hours in the other car to get better and better at it. It was good to see that with the new chassis at Atlanta he said he was the happiest with the car as he has ever been in Nascar, but it was such a shame that the strategy to bring him in for fresh tires at the end just backfired and he diddin't even get a top ten finish!):

Greenfield, IN

#9 Oct 28, 2008
Xusanna wrote:
I think it was a mistake for Chip Ganassi to shut down Montoya's Nationwide team! He is a career open wheel driver and as good as he is in open wheels, he needs all the experience that he can get driving the totally different stock cars and he could have used all of the hours in the other car to get better and better at it. It was good to see that with the new chassis at Atlanta he said he was the happiest with the car as he has ever been in Nascar, but it was such a shame that the strategy to bring him in for fresh tires at the end just backfired and he diddin't even get a top ten finish!):
Wow Xusanne last time you posted on here you couldn't speak English very well. How times change. Chip didn't shut down JPMs Nationwide team he graduated and simply didn't want to do 2 races a weekend.
montoyafan1

Akron, OH

#10 Oct 29, 2008
good improvement every week..if gm buys chrysler it will problably pull bucks from dodge and good greetings chip see you at indy......
montoyafan1

Akron, OH

#11 Oct 29, 2008
and Montoya may be out with no team....the gum thing is only for half year and they have nothing else for now.......
hammatime

Manassas, VA

#12 Oct 29, 2008
Montoya is a great driver.
But you can't win in NASCAR by yourself.
You have to have the help of other drivers and Montoya has'nt been getting any.

Greenfield, IN

#13 Oct 29, 2008
Wow I wonder who you are, lol!
big city bob

United States

#14 Oct 30, 2008
Juan should get a real job, Like driving a taxi in south beach, he probaly would not crash as much.

Greenfield, IN

#15 Oct 30, 2008
I know what you think Frank but why can't you use your real name to say it? That speaks volumes to me.
We all know it's you so why not stop hiding already?
Cooper

Atlanta, GA

#16 Oct 30, 2008
hammatime wrote:
Montoya is a great driver.
But you can't win in NASCAR by yourself.
You have to have the help of other drivers and Montoya has'nt been getting any.
You should try catching the race(s) at Talladega some time - you would have seen Juan, Denny Hamlin & Kyle Bush working together to get a 1,2,3 finish. Here's Jr. commenting on working with Juan at the last race at Talladega -

Jr. commenting on working with Juan: "some of us know how to bump draft really good, and we do it really good and we like to work with each other me and Juan where having an awesome time working together."
big city bob

United States

#17 Oct 31, 2008
Cooper.??? Thats because Juan is used to running in to other cars, Juan likes to get bumped in the rear.

“Life is Beautiful”

Since: Apr 08

Sao Paulo Brasil

#18 Nov 1, 2008
I like Juan Pablo alot! We met him before at a race and he was very funny, charming and down to Earth! He is such a nice guy that I think that if you met him, then you would have a totally different opinion of him! He is waaay cool!
big city bob

United States

#19 Nov 2, 2008
Xusanna wrote:
I like Juan Pablo alot! We met him before at a race and he was very funny, charming and down to Earth! He is such a nice guy that I think that if you met him, then you would have a totally different opinion of him! He is waaay cool!
Din't you here,nice guys finish last, or at least a lap down.
montoyafan1

Akron, OH

#20 Nov 2, 2008
big city bob your a funny dude , no i mean!! your a funny dude , really, you like that bumping in the rear thing, hey who am i to judge???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Juan Pablo Montoya Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News IRS Waves Black Flag At Race Car Driver Juan Pa... (Nov '13) Nov '13 Virginia 1
News Kenseth wins duel with Kahne at Bristol (Aug '13) Aug '13 flatt 2
News NASCAR: Juan Pablo Montoya won't be back at Gan... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Whoyakidding 15
News Danica Patrick, team expect to 'make a statemen... (Jul '13) Jul '13 danicrash 24
News Montoya likely driving to save Sprint Cup career (Jun '13) Jun '13 Snow 19
News EGR switching from Earnhardt to Hendrick engines (Nov '12) Nov '12 arthur 1
News NASCAR: Win moves Bowyer to 4th in Chase standings (Oct '12) Oct '12 auto world 1
More from around the web