Montoya wins NASCAR pole, but is then...

Montoya wins NASCAR pole, but is then disqualified

There are 26 comments on the The Florida Times-Union story from Sep 27, 2008, titled Montoya wins NASCAR pole, but is then disqualified. In it, The Florida Times-Union reports that:

Less than an hour after Juan Pablo Montoya celebrated his first NASCAR Sprint Cup pole, it was taken away from him because of a technical violation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Florida Times-Union.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Aug 08

Fredericksburg,Va.

#1 Sep 27, 2008
Figures.

Montoya is a fantastic driver.

Unfortunatly,he's not an American.

Can't have that guy winning in NASCAR you know.

Since: Feb 07

Juárez, Mexico

#2 Sep 27, 2008
hammatime wrote:
Figures.
Montoya is a fantastic driver.
Unfortunatly,he's not an American.
Can't have that guy winning in NASCAR you know.
Yeah, right!!!! Like no Americam driver has ever been sent to the back of the pack, fined, lost points etc etc because of violations. Oh, Montoya is not a fantastic driver, at least in NASCAR, although he is better than the average.

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Since: Jun 07

Raleigh

#3 Sep 27, 2008
Put Juan in a Gibbs Toyota or an HMS Chevy and he'd surprise the hell out of you. I seriously doubt the gas pressure in his rear shocks had a hell of a lot to do with him taking the pole. I think it had more to do with a great driver taking a half decent car and getting the most out of it.

“BOO!!! Ya'll!”

Since: Apr 07

Las Cruces, NM

#4 Sep 27, 2008
Whoyakidding wrote:
Put Juan in a Gibbs Toyota or an HMS Chevy and he'd surprise the hell out of you. I seriously doubt the gas pressure in his rear shocks had a hell of a lot to do with him taking the pole. I think it had more to do with a great driver taking a half decent car and getting the most out of it.
It had everything to do with him getting on the pole!!! That's why it is ILLEGAL!!!
jja

Myrtle Beach, SC

#5 Sep 27, 2008
His name is juan problem montoya lol he cant drive he can wreck thou, he like no driving casey mears, reed soreson, an they get another ride. juan an the whole team will never be champions caliber teams. It takes $$$$$$$$$$ paseo not talent you know just like dale jr trying to buy him a win, championship never gonna happen. Boy this will ruffle some of jr nation, you why it called jr nation because he will never be like Senior!!
RDE

United States

#6 Sep 28, 2008
jja wrote:
His name is juan problem montoya lol he cant drive he can wreck thou, he like no driving casey mears, reed soreson, an they get another ride. juan an the whole team will never be champions caliber teams. It takes $$$$$$$$$$ paseo not talent you know just like dale jr trying to buy him a win, championship never gonna happen. Boy this will ruffle some of jr nation, you why it called jr nation because he will never be like Senior!!
FINALLY, someone who agrees with me about "lil E".

Earnhardt, Jr, has GOT to be, without a doubt, the MOST OVERRATED DRIVER in NASCAR history. Because of his name, he's given every "break" in the business to succeed--and he still doesn't, proving the sap's not a very good driver.

Fans only flock to him, because of who his father is. They're trying to continue the Sr. legend through Jr., not realizing that if Jr's last name was Smith or Jones, he'd probably not even be in NASCAR>

Lil E will end up as the Anna Kournikova of NASCAR. Most popular. Never done squat to justify it.

To prove my favortism point: Does anyone remember when the CHASE went from 10 to 12 drivers? Why did it happen? Simple. Lil E didn't make the cut, NASCAR panicked, and expanded. I'm really in shock that they didn't expand it again after LAST season, when Hillbilly Jr failed ONCE AGAIN to make the chase. Actually, NASCAR officials DID hold meetings about expanding the CHASE to 14 or 15 drivers.

I expect hate mail from the Lil E zombies. Please try to back up your insults with reasoning. We wouldn't want people to think all Lil E fans ARE actually toothless morons with IQs of 45, would we?
jja

Myrtle Beach, SC

#7 Sep 28, 2008
Nice post RDE Nascar not what it was bsck in the days with real men an real racecars. But as we entered the 21st century that what you expect. Good Nascar racing days are over, something most average will never experience. Boy those were the good old days.
Kong

Columbia, MD

#8 Sep 28, 2008
I like forward to watching Juan charge to the front today.
fedup

United States

#9 Sep 28, 2008
the only thing juan is good at is wrecking and maybe taking 2 or 3 more out with him.they need to kick his no driving azz out of nascar
big city bob

United States

#10 Sep 28, 2008
fedup wrote:
the only thing juan is good at is wrecking and maybe taking 2 or 3 more out with him.they need to kick his no driving azz out of nascar
Send Jaun back across the border..
Kong

Columbia, MD

#11 Sep 28, 2008
big city bob wrote:
<quoted text>Send Jaun back across the border..
Ignoramus finally learns the difference between "boarder" and "border" - lol.

“Space Lord, Mother, Mother!”

Since: Sep 08

Dallas, TX

#13 Sep 28, 2008
Kong wrote:
He better steal a Chevy from someone, lol.
Kong

Columbia, MD

#14 Sep 28, 2008
monster magnet wrote:
<quoted text>He better steal a Chevy from someone, lol.
He's worked his way up to 25th on lap 50. Damn good driver...

Juárez, Mexico

#15 Sep 28, 2008
Kong wrote:
Yep---3 laps to go, 1 lap down and in 20th place. LOL
Kong

Columbia, MD

#16 Sep 28, 2008
Rich Brannon wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep---3 laps to go, 1 lap down and in 20th place. LOL
Much better than his starting position of 42nd - ahead of Tony Stewart and Kyle Busch - lol, lol
geeeman

AOL

#17 Sep 29, 2008
Looking at some of these comments, I can see why most folks North of the Mason-Dixon line laugh at the whole culture of Nascar.
I'm trying to get into the sport, I don't want to be around folks with little (if any) tolerance for people that are different from them. This is 2008! for goodness sake.
cooper

Atlanta, GA

#18 Sep 29, 2008
geeeman wrote:
Looking at some of these comments, I can see why most folks North of the Mason-Dixon line laugh at the whole culture of Nascar.
I'm trying to get into the sport, I don't want to be around folks with little (if any) tolerance for people that are different from them. This is 2008! for goodness sake.
Hang around because change is coming.
As far as Montoya is concerned - get him in a competitive team/car and he'll shut the idiots up real quick.

Juárez, Mexico

#19 Sep 29, 2008
Kong wrote:
<quoted text>
Much better than his starting position of 42nd - ahead of Tony Stewart and Kyle Busch - lol, lol
That isn't what I was commenting on----YOU said that he would race up to the front---Far from it. As far as he beating 'Smoke and Jr' has nothing to do with your prediction.
Kong

Boynton Beach, FL

#20 Sep 29, 2008
Rich Brannon wrote:
<quoted text>
That isn't what I was commenting on----YOU said that he would race up to the front---Far from it. As far as he beating 'Smoke and Jr' has nothing to do with your prediction.
Yea I did say "I look forward to watching Juan charge to the front" - which is exactly what he did. Did he end up further back from where he started? Far from it.

“MissingRonnieR”

Since: Sep 08

forgotten

#21 Sep 29, 2008
NASCAR and the "Tank of Tomorrow" have an issue. I have been a fan for 35 years. THe races are boring, the car is slow, and the drivers have no Personality. Little "E" is not "E" and never will be. The ahh shucks attitude needs to go. It wears thin. Have you noticed everyone is a clone of Gordon. The (insert) Team did well we gave it our best shot. Shot, just shoot me. The guys are killing the sport.This is one sport where there is "no doubt" that the old school guy would kick butt.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Juan Pablo Montoya Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News IRS Waves Black Flag At Race Car Driver Juan Pa... (Nov '13) Nov '13 Virginia 1
News Kenseth wins duel with Kahne at Bristol (Aug '13) Aug '13 flatt 2
News NASCAR: Juan Pablo Montoya won't be back at Gan... (Aug '13) Aug '13 Whoyakidding 15
News Danica Patrick, team expect to 'make a statemen... (Jul '13) Jul '13 danicrash 24
News Montoya likely driving to save Sprint Cup career (Jun '13) Jun '13 Snow 19
News EGR switching from Earnhardt to Hendrick engines (Nov '12) Nov '12 arthur 1
News NASCAR: Win moves Bowyer to 4th in Chase standings (Oct '12) Oct '12 auto world 1
More from around the web