Hendrick Motorsports' Lance McGrew l...

Hendrick Motorsports' Lance McGrew learning about Dale Earnhardt Jr. at Dover

There are 37 comments on the www.scenedaily.com story from May 30, 2009, titled Hendrick Motorsports' Lance McGrew learning about Dale Earnhardt Jr. at Dover. In it, www.scenedaily.com reports that:

Hendrick Motorsports' Lance McGrew will be Dale Earnhardt Jr.'s interim crew chief next weekend at Pocono Raceway.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.scenedaily.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Myrna Proffit

Lakeland, FL

#1 Jun 11, 2009
I am wondering now with a new crew chief and the garage people realligned what is the problem with Jr now. He is only one person and cannot drive and fix the car too. Some one is not listening or paying attention to Jr. Rick Hendrick needs to look at this operation for Jr and see if there is not some sort of sabotage going on in this program.
The other drivers in this Henrick team seems to be able to do well and even Mark Martin . That tells me there is more of a problem than the crew chief.
Voice of Reality

Colonial Heights, VA

#2 Jun 11, 2009
Myrna Proffit wrote:
I am wondering now with a new crew chief and the garage people realligned what is the problem with Jr now. He is only one person and cannot drive and fix the car too. Some one is not listening or paying attention to Jr. Rick Hendrick needs to look at this operation for Jr and see if there is not some sort of sabotage going on in this program.
The other drivers in this Henrick team seems to be able to do well and even Mark Martin . That tells me there is more of a problem than the crew chief.
Everything has been changed on that team with only one exception. Do you really think that a team member would sabotage Joonyer with the number of jobs lost since last year, do you actually think he would risk his job with the most high powered organization in NASCAR? You Joonyer Kooks will sure go a long way not to have to admit that Joonyer is just not as good as the other three drivers in the organization. I am not saying he can not turn the wheel, what I am saying is that he has a very bad communication problem and cannot seem to find and stop in his pits, do you think there is some sort of sabotage about the Joonyer pit stops, Possibly somebody is jerking the pit stall lines away at the last minute when Joonyer comes in to pit.

“Just try me!”

Since: May 09

Victoria, TX

#3 Jun 11, 2009
Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Everything has been changed on that team with only one exception. Do you really think that a team member would sabotage Joonyer with the number of jobs lost since last year, do you actually think he would risk his job with the most high powered organization in NASCAR? You Joonyer Kooks will sure go a long way not to have to admit that Joonyer is just not as good as the other three drivers in the organization. I am not saying he can not turn the wheel, what I am saying is that he has a very bad communication problem and cannot seem to find and stop in his pits, do you think there is some sort of sabotage about the Joonyer pit stops, Possibly somebody is jerking the pit stall lines away at the last minute when Joonyer comes in to pit.
It appears to me that you have just as closed of a mind toward Jr as you claim all of his fans do. It seems that you are just as unwilling to listen to anyone that doesn't agree with you as you claim jr fans are. It is completely possible that the other crew chiefs keep some things secret , or even misinform. They want to win too. There is a lot of pressure on everyone involved to win. It is tight enough between Gordon and Johnson. You also have a person at Stewart-Hass that was within that same group. Here is a little info on him Darian Grubb: The 33-year-old came to Stewart-Haas Racing from Hendrick Motorsports, where in six years with the multi-car organization, he rose from team engineer with the No. 48 Sprint Cup squad in 2003 to Hendrick Motorsports’ engineering manager for the Nos. 5 and 88 Sprint Cup teams. Grubb also earned extensive experience in the role of crew chief, as he served as the interim crew chief for the No. 48 team during the first four races of the 2006 Sprint Cup season, where he led driver Jimmie Johnson to a pair of victories – including the Daytona 500 – as well as one runner-up finish and a sixth-place effort. Johnson went on to win the Sprint Cup championship in 2006.

Jr Gave up Grubb to have Eury Jr. That was clearly a big mistake. A lot of the knowledge Grubb has comes from Knaus, and he cut his teeth working on the 24 car with Evernham. They competed all these years against Jr. I agree with the poster that suggests they are not sharing all the info they have on setups. They saw how Jr would do with all this help at the beginning of last season, and they cut him off. This is just my opinion, and that does not make me an idiot or KooK as you suggest anybody is who doesn't agree with your opinion. There is no proof of this, and I am sure there never would be. As far as addressing Jr missing his pits, I blame this on the pressure he is under to perform which becomes much greater each week as the level of his performance has steadily decreased.

I like most of your posts, and usually you back them up with a lot of facts, but in this instance, I don't think you have an open mind at all.
Poetry

Saginaw, MI

#4 Jun 11, 2009
According to Lance's interview on Sirus this week, one of the 88 team members actually messed up the car setup in the shop. Something about leaving the sway bar loose, which made it impossible for any of the at track adjustments to work.(This was the Pocono race).

So, yes, it's very possible that someone on that team or someone in the shop is sabotaging him. I don't really want to believe that, so I'll go with someone in that shop is just really dumb. I think the entire 88 team needs to be looked at and restructered.
x jr fan

United States

#5 Jun 11, 2009
Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
that is halarius. another thing is the other HMS is getting better equipment than jr, they are getting clean windshields and jr is been getting dirty windshields where he will miss his pits. lol
Voice of Reality

Colonial Heights, VA

#6 Jun 12, 2009
TexasJrFan64 wrote:
<quoted text>
It appears to me that you have just as closed of a mind toward Jr as you claim all of his fans do. It seems that you are just as unwilling to listen to anyone that doesn't agree with you as you claim jr fans are. It is completely possible that the other crew chiefs keep some things secret , or even misinform. They want to win too. There is a lot of pressure on everyone involved to win. It is tight enough between Gordon and Johnson. You also have a person at Stewart-Hass that was within that same group. Here is a little info on him Darian Grubb: The 33-year-old came to Stewart-Haas Racing from Hendrick Motorsports, where in six years with the multi-car organization, he rose from team engineer with the No. 48 Sprint Cup squad in 2003 to Hendrick Motorsports’ engineering manager for the Nos. 5 and 88 Sprint Cup teams. Grubb also earned extensive experience in the role of crew chief, as he served as the interim crew chief for the No. 48 team during the first four races of the 2006 Sprint Cup season, where he led driver Jimmie Johnson to a pair of victories – including the Daytona 500 – as well as one runner-up finish and a sixth-place effort. Johnson went on to win the Sprint Cup championship in 2006.
Jr Gave up Grubb to have Eury Jr. That was clearly a big mistake. A lot of the knowledge Grubb has comes from Knaus, and he cut his teeth working on the 24 car with Evernham. They competed all these years against Jr. I agree with the poster that suggests they are not sharing all the info they have on setups. They saw how Jr would do with all this help at the beginning of last season, and they cut him off. This is just my opinion, and that does not make me an idiot or KooK as you suggest anybody is who doesn't agree with your opinion. There is no proof of this, and I am sure there never would be. As far as addressing Jr missing his pits, I blame this on the pressure he is under to perform which becomes much greater each week as the level of his performance has steadily decreased.
I like most of your posts, and usually you back them up with a lot of facts, but in this instance, I don't think you have an open mind at all.
Actually if the truth be known the #14 and #39 are just the fifth and sixth Hendrick teams. They operate in a different location, however, all technology and equipment is Hendrick as well as a goodly number of shop people.

I agree with you that there is pressure on Earnhardt, however it is pressure that is self initiated by saying all of the negative things about DEI and the fact that he came to HMS to win races and championships.

I think that you will find that I have never said that Joonyer can not turn a wheel, what I have said and still say is that Joonyer is little if any help in getting a bad handling car to get better by his lack of ability to communicate what the car is doing and what it needs.

Joonyer is also very fragmented in his attention with the night club, his band of friends and other documented activities. Teresa Earnhardt, love or hate her, made the most telling statement about Joonyer when she said, "Before you start acting like a champion, first, become a champion". Teresa grew up knowing the hard work required to become a constant winner both living around Tommy Houston and then in her marriage to Earnhardt Sr.

I still stand by my statement that if you take away the plate wins he had between 2001 and 2004 in a car so superior that Hack Mikey Waltrip could run up front in and win twice in three years, you would see that Joonyer is just a basic Journeyman driver who always has and still does have superior equipment.

99 Lisa 18

“Kyle get it together! ”

Since: Oct 08

Carlsville

#7 Jun 12, 2009
Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually if the truth be known the #14 and #39 are just the fifth and sixth Hendrick teams. They operate in a different location, however, all technology and equipment is Hendrick as well as a goodly number of shop people.
I agree with you that there is pressure on Earnhardt, however it is pressure that is self initiated by saying all of the negative things about DEI and the fact that he came to HMS to win races and championships.
I think that you will find that I have never said that Joonyer can not turn a wheel, what I have said and still say is that Joonyer is little if any help in getting a bad handling car to get better by his lack of ability to communicate what the car is doing and what it needs.
Joonyer is also very fragmented in his attention with the night club, his band of friends and other documented activities. Teresa Earnhardt, love or hate her, made the most telling statement about Joonyer when she said, "Before you start acting like a champion, first, become a champion". Teresa grew up knowing the hard work required to become a constant winner both living around Tommy Houston and then in her marriage to Earnhardt Sr.
I still stand by my statement that if you take away the plate wins he had between 2001 and 2004 in a car so superior that Hack Mikey Waltrip could run up front in and win twice in three years, you would see that Joonyer is just a basic Journeyman driver who always has and still does have superior equipment.
Just how were the cars superior? I think that is bullhockey. All the cars were equal, it's just that DEI had the best plate program at the time, JMHO.
dumbass

Riverton, WY

#8 Jun 12, 2009
Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a question why do you have to call him Jooyner? you have no respect so you deserve none dumbass.
acrimonious

North Hills, CA

#9 Jun 12, 2009
Myrna Proffit wrote:
LMFAO!! You Juuuuuunyyyyyyyyrrrrr fans are simply pathetic...in every way. You're almost as bad as those losers that follow that talentless hack Michael (Piece of Sh!t) Waltrip. You'll notice that I said "almost".
bigkahuna

Marlboro, NJ

#10 Jun 12, 2009
well qualifying 30 out of 44 means something is really not going in the right direction. I don't know what it is, nor, at this point do I want to speculate that someone in the shop (which I had posted previously -- needs to be reviewed also) again didn't produce the car that needed to be set-up correctly.

Mark didn't qualify well either, but Jimmie and Jeff did.

Let's see what the darn race brings on Sunday and then start up questioning again!
dumbass

Riverton, WY

#11 Jun 12, 2009
Candy Coffer.
Christy88

San Antonio, TX

#12 Jun 12, 2009
Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha Ha if you take away Jimmie's championships that makes his stats different also. thats the funniest post ever thanks for the laugh.

“BOO!!! Ya'll!”

Since: Apr 07

Las Cruces, NM

#13 Jun 12, 2009
dumbass wrote:
Candy Coffer.
You going to try your hand at trolling Aquarius?

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#14 Jun 12, 2009
bigkahuna wrote:
well qualifying 30 out of 44 means something is really not going in the right direction. I don't know what it is, nor, at this point do I want to speculate that someone in the shop (which I had posted previously -- needs to be reviewed also) again didn't produce the car that needed to be set-up correctly.
Mark didn't qualify well either, but Jimmie and Jeff did.
Let's see what the darn race brings on Sunday and then start up questioning again!
Jeff was not much better than Jr in qualifing...
STEWMAN

Riverton, WY

#15 Jun 12, 2009
mrbreeze wrote:
<quoted text>You going to try your hand at trolling Aquarius?
FU BLOWHARD
bigkahuna

Marlboro, NJ

#16 Jun 12, 2009
snow wrote:
<quoted text>Jeff was not much better than Jr in qualifing...
but he did qualify better. My oh my what is wrong with our red-headed guy?
STEWMAN

Riverton, WY

#17 Jun 12, 2009
Christy88 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha Ha if you take away Jimmie's championships that makes his stats different also. thats the funniest post ever thanks for the laugh.
Ha Ha GO ON A DIET
STEWMAN

Riverton, WY

#18 Jun 12, 2009
I HATE EVERY BODY! FU TOPIX!

99 Lisa 18

“Kyle get it together! ”

Since: Oct 08

Carlsville

#19 Jun 12, 2009
STEWMAN wrote:
<quoted text>Ha Ha GO ON A DIET
Go Jump off a bridge!
Christy88

San Antonio, TX

#20 Jun 12, 2009
STEWMAN wrote:
<quoted text>Ha Ha GO ON A DIET
Get a life first

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Josh Krug Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Will NASCAR follow F1's lead and drop 'grid gir... Feb '18 TheyPhartse 6
News Lynyrd Skynyrd announce farewell tour starting ... Jan '18 ExactlyPhart 6
News NASCAR Cup: Dale Earnhardt Jr. points out burno... (Sep '17) Sep '17 LogoPhartse 12
News As NASCAR Weekend Arrives, Final September Race... (Sep '17) Sep '17 The Phartz 4
News With zero wins, Danica Patrick belongs in NASCA... (Sep '17) Sep '17 SoPhartse 2
News Patrick at career crossroads as days as driver ... (Sep '17) Sep '17 And Phartse 2
News Will the mighty Dale Earnhardt Jr. strike out i... (Aug '17) Sep '17 Now phartes 9