Why NASCAR Should Not Suspend Carl Edwards

Jul 18, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Bleacher Report

NASCAR's "have at it" approach to the racing has been pushed to the limit again by another battle between two of the sport's most aggressive drivers, Carl Edwards and Brad Keselowski.

Comments
1 - 11 of 11 Comments Last updated Jul 19, 2010
MISSU3

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2010

Judged:

Did they suspend Brad after he launched Carl into the fence and stands and hurt fans? NO! This isn't even as big as that. Brad seems to be a slow learner. Now's when we need Earnhardt around to give the boy some lessons that HIS father apparently never taught him. I've never been so discussed with a parent as I was with "daddy" last night. Wonder what his comments were after Dega. Could he have possibly said "That kid is going to kill someone!" I don't think so. Brad needed to know what it is to be on the receiving end of aggressive driving.

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2010

Judged:

MISSU3 wrote:
Did they suspend Brad after he launched Carl into the fence and stands and hurt fans? NO! This isn't even as big as that. Brad seems to be a slow learner. Now's when we need Earnhardt around to give the boy some lessons that HIS father apparently never taught him. I've never been so discussed with a parent as I was with "daddy" last night. Wonder what his comments were after Dega. Could he have possibly said "That kid is going to kill someone!" I don't think so. Brad needed to know what it is to be on the receiving end of aggressive driving.
Aggressive driving is one thing. Flat out wrecking someone and destroying other innocent cars is another. Carl is in the wrong, period.
OSUSam

Bishop, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2010

Judged:

These two are equally to blame for the situation that is occurring. Neither one is guiltless. This isn't about last night, it's about the last year. However, I think it is time to put them both on notice it's time to stop before someone gets hurt. Besides them, it could be another driver or even worse, a spectator (or more). I'm not sure if it's points, fines, suspensions or just a good tongue lashing, but something needs to be done. NASCAR may have helped create this monster, but I think the time has come to slay the monster and jerk everybody back into reality before something tragic happens.
DUH

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2010

MISSU3 wrote:
Excuse me, but you need to revisit that wreck that put Carl into the fence. he did a cross over & cut off Brads vehicle. he wrecked himself. not Brad. I do not believe Carl needs to be suspended but he does need fines & deducted points. that is the only way he will learn. Mr Ed thinks he is the best. He is not having a good year anyway in either division. You must not have children. otherwise you would understand Brads father. Carls wreckless actions could have killed or injured other drivers. Did you take notice that Carl did not do a burn out or back flip on the track. they told him to come in. fans were to mad & throwing things. guess he wasn't so brave then. huh? that yellow streak!!!
berg228

Chicopee, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2010

Judged:

As the saying goes if you mess with the bull you get the horn. Brad makes no bones about it he says he will win at any cost. If you watch the race you will see he clearly hit Edwards to win the race. What he didn't think would happen was Edwards would catch him and return the favor. like Edwards said it was tit for tat and alot of people are not going to like the finish.

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Since: Jun 07

Raleigh

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2010

Judged:

berg228 wrote:
As the saying goes if you mess with the bull you get the horn. Brad makes no bones about it he says he will win at any cost. If you watch the race you will see he clearly hit Edwards to win the race. What he didn't think would happen was Edwards would catch him and return the favor. like Edwards said it was tit for tat and alot of people are not going to like the finish.
There was nothing tit for tat about this. Brad rubbed Carl and got his loose to make the pass. It would have been tit for tat had Carl came back and rubbed Brad to make a pass but that wasn't the case. Carl didn't just try to loosen Brad up. He deliberately hit Brad with enough force on a cross over move that he ripped his own front fender off. Carl can try to rationalize it all he wants but sooner or later some of the other drivers that are getting torn up because of him are going to start exacting a little justice of their own.

“How We Roll”

Since: Nov 08

Area 51, Nevada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2010

Judged:

MISSU3 wrote:
Did they suspend Brad after he launched Carl into the fence and stands and hurt fans? NO!
Why fault Brad for staying above the line when Carl spun himself and crash because of his own attempt to block.
barr

Temperance, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2010

Judged:

I'm justing thinking that if Edwards is lucky enough to make the chase he won't have a chance of winning. Brad will make sure of that. Edwards is a crybaby and thinks everyone should stay away from his car. The track is his. I don't especially care for the way Brad behaves either.
Stock Car Driver

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2010

Judged:

MISSU3 wrote:
Are you totally stupid? Go and look at the video again and you will see that Brad faked to the high line and Edwards moved high to block him. As he moved BK slipped down under him, and Edwards cut back to try and block him, and drove over BK's nose. Edwards wrecked himself, and if you cannot see that, then you need a brain transplant.
And you don't think Edwards is going to kill someone? He is if he isn't stopped. He is an arrogant schoolyard bully who reacts to a little rubbin' by trying to destroy the other driver. If that isn't stopped then NASCAR will be responsible for the deaths of anyone due to Edwards actions
bush 18

Enigma, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2010

Judged:

one of them is scared and other is glad of it
Greg

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2010

Judged:

I just think NASCAR has got to step in. In other sports you are given a penilty for rough plays. That was done with intention to harm no other way go look at it then the statement he (mr. ed) gave told us his intentions. Look at the $$ he tore up. Owners and drivers on news cast have said he is losing respect within the garage. So there is more to this story than we know on the outside. I never have forgotten the time he act like he was going to punch Matt Kenseth (his team mate) like punks do on the school yard. I think mr. Ed has got some issues and needs to seek some professional help. I think NASCAR should be the ones to recommend this. (Just my opinion) hey I love the sport but do not enjoy what I saw comming to the finish line.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••