Notebook: Earnhardt has good shot of securing Chase berth

There are 4 comments on the 4029TV.com story from Sep 5, 2013, titled Notebook: Earnhardt has good shot of securing Chase berth. In it, 4029TV.com reports that:

Only seven drivers -- Jimmie Johnson, Clint Bowyer, Kevin Harvick, Carl Edwards, Kyle Busch, Matt Kenseth and Kasey Kahne -- can rest a little easier heading into Saturday's night Federated Auto Parts 400 at Richmond International Raceway, when the field is reset for the Chase for the Cup.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at 4029TV.com.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#1 Sep 5, 2013
Too bad he'll never be a champion.
WHOYAKIDDING

Raleigh, NC

#2 Sep 6, 2013
There's quite a few that are considered legends in racing that haven't won as many races or won any championships as Jr. I think he'll survive if he never wins a championship as long as he continues to make 35 or 40 million a year and is the number one fan favorite.

Since: Apr 13

Location hidden

#3 Sep 6, 2013
Very true. Mark Martin is a perfect example. Never a champion, but a legend. Jr will get into the hall of fame not because of talent, but because of his record most popular driver awards.

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#4 Sep 7, 2013
WHOYAKIDDING wrote:
There's quite a few that are considered legends in racing that haven't won as many races or won any championships as Jr. I think he'll survive if he never wins a championship as long as he continues to make 35 or 40 million a year and is the number one fan favorite.
There's not one driver past or present that has won as many or less than Joonyer that is considered a legend....even Joonyer isn't considered a legend, why would he acclaim such? Most popular driver a fan vote? Racing is about winning and being the champ not selling t-shirts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

John Graham Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Fantasy NASCAR Picks for Coca-Cola 600 at Charl... May 18 tom wingo 2
News NASCAR 2015: Who to watch during Sprint All-Sta... May 15 tom wingo 3
News Kyle Busch to Return to Car This Weekend in All... May 13 stewart scott 2
News Johnson holds off Harvick for rain-delayed NASC... May 12 tom wingo 21
News Joey Logano leads every lap, wins Xfinity race ... Apr '15 tom wingo 2
News Dale Earnhardt Jr. is building a treehouse on h... Apr '15 tom wingo 11
News Could NASCAR boycott upcoming race in Indiana d... Apr '15 mike tirico 8
More from around the web