Why did Jeff Gordon win more money than Dale Earnhardt Jr. at Talladega?

Oct 9, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: NASCAR Nuts & Bolts

I got a question yesterday from reader, Scott, asking how the winnings from races are determined.

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 40 of188
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“global warming is a hoax”

Since: Apr 08

knoxville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2009

Judged:

Because wrote:
Dale Earnhardt Jr doesn't have half the talent Jeff Gordon has. He doesn't win like Gordon does and he hasn't got even one championship, while Gordon has four. In short, Dale Jr sux.
agreed.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2009

JADE-88 wrote:
<quoted text>Well I will repeat Kyle is probably there because his brother opened that door for him.
Tom Kyles dad raced some also before he had a neck injury....
Arnie

Katy, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2009

Judged:

JADE-88 wrote:
<quoted text>Well I will repeat Kyle is probably there because his brother opened that door for him.
Maybe so, but at least Kyle has some real talent and he's racing toward a very real chance at a championship in all three of the NASCAR leagues at the same time. Jr can't even make a pit stop without screwing it up.

As time goes on and new, real talent, competition joins the sport and new fans (who don't know or care who Dale Earnhardt Jr or Sr are) get involved, Junior will lose more and more support. He's already not being shown as the fan favorite in several polls. Jr's days of snarking off his Daddy's fame are sliding away from him and all Jr is doing is getting older. If he doesn't soon get competitive and start to be a factor and a threat to the championship, even the t-shirt sales will dry up. Fan want to be entertained and they want to back someone who delivers on that entertainment, not just someone who circled the track and whined about how crappy his car was until the race is over.

Kyle is exciting, amazing and fun to watch. He will sell plenty of t-shirts in his own right and he will have truly earned the fan's support, something Junior has never done.

Since: Jul 08

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2009

snow wrote:
<quoted text>Tom Kyles dad raced some also before he had a neck injury....
thanks didn't know that

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2009

Judged:

AJlovesJR wrote:
Jade-88 is so right. Jr.'s name is on those shirts, caps, etc. not Sr. People buy his merchandise for many reasons. They like his style of driving, he's FINE, they relate to him, etc. It has nothing to do with his daddy. People like to hate on Jr. because he's rich, famous, talented, and good looking. Keep hating cuz' I'm sure he could care less.
lol..The more they hate him.The more I love him!!!!

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2009

Judged:

Arnie wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe so, but at least Kyle has some real talent and he's racing toward a very real chance at a championship in all three of the NASCAR leagues at the same time. Jr can't even make a pit stop without screwing it up.
As time goes on and new, real talent, competition joins the sport and new fans (who don't know or care who Dale Earnhardt Jr or Sr are) get involved, Junior will lose more and more support. He's already not being shown as the fan favorite in several polls. Jr's days of snarking off his Daddy's fame are sliding away from him and all Jr is doing is getting older. If he doesn't soon get competitive and start to be a factor and a threat to the championship, even the t-shirt sales will dry up. Fan want to be entertained and they want to back someone who delivers on that entertainment, not just someone who circled the track and whined about how crappy his car was until the race is over.
Kyle is exciting, amazing and fun to watch. He will sell plenty of t-shirts in his own right and he will have truly earned the fan's support, something Junior has never done.
Oh well I guess time will tell

“Jr. Fan For Life”

Since: Feb 09

D-burg

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2009

Judged:

Arnie wrote:
<quoted text>
Disagree Arnie. If Junior hasn't earned the fan's support, do you honestly think that we would all be spending our hard earned cash on his merchandise? People are just jealous of his fanbase. There's an article on Jr. at nascar.com that talks about that very thing.
Arnie

Katy, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2009

Judged:

AJlovesJR wrote:
<quoted text>
Disagree Arnie. If Junior hasn't earned the fan's support, do you honestly think that we would all be spending our hard earned cash on his merchandise? People are just jealous of his fanbase. There's an article on Jr. at nascar.com that talks about that very thing.
I can assure you, I'm not jealous of anything Jr has, most especially not his fan base.

However, I am intelligent enough to accept reality. New talent and new fans will eventually push the mediocre drivers aside. If Junior was giving his fans something to cheer about, he would attract some of that new fan base, but while the new talent is getting better, Jr is just getting older and his performance slacks off.

There was more cheering from the crowd last night when Kyle took the lead than there was when Junior took the lead in Daytona.
95 Thunderbird

Kitchener, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2009

Judged:

JADE-88 wrote:
<quoted text> Those t-shirts say Jr on them not Sr.You can still by Sr stuff.So what's your point?
You can still buy Elvis stuff too.

“Jr. Fan For Life”

Since: Feb 09

D-burg

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2009

Judged:

Arnie wrote:
<quoted text>
I can assure you, I'm not jealous of anything Jr has, most especially not his fan base.
However, I am intelligent enough to accept reality. New talent and new fans will eventually push the mediocre drivers aside. If Junior was giving his fans something to cheer about, he would attract some of that new fan base, but while the new talent is getting better, Jr is just getting older and his performance slacks off.
There was more cheering from the crowd last night when Kyle took the lead than there was when Junior took the lead in Daytona.
Sure there was more cheering. In dillusional never never land.
REFUSE2LOSE

Monroe, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2009

JADE-88 wrote:
<quoted text> no not really.Not at this point in the game.I'm not a Gordon hater.
Every race counts so after three being in first is much better then 31st. 2nd, 6th, and 13th place finishes arnt bad!!
REFUSE2LOSE

Monroe, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2009

Judged:

snow wrote:
<quoted text>Well Dale Jr made 12 million more than Jimmie last year and 5 million more than Jeff. I don't think 35 million sux's to bad .
When your the most popular driver sponsors and
Merchandising pays big time. Check with Forbes
they have the top 10 listed along with a picture....
When u make that much money does an extra 5-10 million make much difference. They all invest money and make even more!!!! What I think matters is at the end of the day JG and JJ smile and feel they have been at the top of their sport winning multiplke championships while Jr still feels all that pressure his fans always talk about!!
Voice of Reality

Petersburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2009

Judged:

JADE-88 wrote:
Gordan said just yesterday that he has been LAzy. Poor excuse if you ask me
Jade, I am glad that you posted your immature and uninformed reply, it only reinforces what most real race fans think of anybody who has the #88 associated with their real life or screen name.

Now, Jade, take Jeff Gordon's first eleven years in Cup and compare them with Joonyer's first 11 years in cup. Number of wins, number of championships say, Game-Set and Match to Jeff Gordon.

I am not a Gordon fan, HOWEVER, when talking about the two there is no real or imaginary comparison, driving the #24 you have a winner, driving the #88 you have a Whiner, "Step Mom, I deserve the company for free, give it to me, WAH", OR, "This car wont turn, I don't want to drive it any more, WAH" There is the classic, "I have always been too nice, WAH".

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2009

95 Thunderbird wrote:
<quoted text>
You can still buy Elvis stuff too.
no chit

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2009

Judged:

Arnie wrote:
<quoted text>
My friend was at the race and said she felt bad for Kyle being in his home state and getting booed
so bad from the fans.....

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2009

Judged:

Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Jade, I am glad that you posted your immature and uninformed reply, it only reinforces what most real race fans think of anybody who has the #88 associated with their real life or screen name.
Now, Jade, take Jeff Gordon's first eleven years in Cup and compare them with Joonyer's first 11 years in cup. Number of wins, number of championships say, Game-Set and Match to Jeff Gordon.
I am not a Gordon fan, HOWEVER, when talking about the two there is no real or imaginary comparison, driving the #24 you have a winner, driving the #88 you have a Whiner, "Step Mom, I deserve the company for free, give it to me, WAH", OR, "This car wont turn, I don't want to drive it any more, WAH" There is the classic, "I have always been too nice, WAH".
sorry voice your analyzing of me was not correct.Yes I know what is real and what is not.Jr can still be a winner.That's a reality

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2009

Judged:

REFUSE2LOSE wrote:
<quoted text>
When u make that much money does an extra 5-10 million make much difference. They all invest money and make even more!!!! What I think matters is at the end of the day JG and JJ smile and feel they have been at the top of their sport winning multiplke championships while Jr still feels all that pressure his fans always talk about!!
I would say 5 or 10 million is a lot.Kyle Busch only made 13 and Denny Hamlin made 11......

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2009

Romulan wrote:
Jeff gordon won more money because he smokes alot of weed. Weed is good for NASCAR drivers, those who smoke more, particularly the sticky-icky indica bud, make more money at tallageda or whatever. dale Ernheart smokes no weed which makes him an idiot. Maybe Dale should try smoking mass quantities of weed if he wants to win money in a pansy ass pastime like car racing. Car racing is not a sport.
Then go ride your big wheel or 3 wheel tricycle.....

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2009

Jimmy wrote:
Car racing is for diaper wearing thumb sucking bedwetters.
Well since your on a racing forum. I guess your wearing diapers and sucking your thumb.and flooding your bed. The true nascar fans are not
in your condition....
Junior Nation

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2009

Judged:

cindy wrote:
He sells hats and tee shirts people.BECAUSE HIS FATHER WAS 7 TIME WINSTON CUP CHAMPION. Get real.
I'm just so confused. Please explain to me how Jr's popularity is because of his Dad? His Dad was voted most popular only once and that was in 2001, the year he died. The following year it went back to Bill Elliott which had won it 10 years in a row prior to 2001. So please tell me how Sr has made Jr so popular? I know more people that DIDN'T like Sr than liked him. I'm actually one that didn't like him.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of188
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Joe Nemechek Discussions

Search the Joe Nemechek Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Penalty, wreck ruin weekend for Busch (Aug '06) Feb '10 24and48 79
Slide Show: Nascar Drivers Visit Walter Reed (Sep '09) Sep '09 LTE14 8
Coke Zero 400 update at the 100-mile mark (Jul '09) Jul '09 ADFAST Marketing 1
Mayfield among 15 to apply for Cup ownership (Jan '09) May '09 snow 191
Talladega activity begins Thursday (Apr '09) Apr '09 Just A Casual Fan 11
Joe Nemechek's Nashville flip stirs memories of... (Apr '09) Apr '09 THE DEVIL 6
Joe Nemecheck Rolls Along at Nashville SuperSpe... (Apr '09) Apr '09 Sandra 8
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••