Why did Jeff Gordon win more money than Dale Earnhardt Jr. at Talladega?

Oct 9, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: NASCAR Nuts & Bolts

I got a question yesterday from reader, Scott, asking how the winnings from races are determined.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of188
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
screwball

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Oct 9, 2008
 

Judged:

2

1

1

jeff is a fourtime champion and has won more races then any outher driver out there .he just isn,t driving anymore because he makes more money by letting jimmy win because he is an owner of jimmys car.actually thats fraud .because this is supposed to be racing ,not entertainment.
ceder

Fort Frances, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Mar 2, 2009
 

Judged:

2

1

1

he's better
Because

Katy, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Mar 2, 2009
 

Judged:

4

3

1

Dale Earnhardt Jr doesn't have half the talent Jeff Gordon has. He doesn't win like Gordon does and he hasn't got even one championship, while Gordon has four. In short, Dale Jr sux.

Since: Jul 08

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Mar 2, 2009
 

Judged:

2

1

Because wrote:
Dale Earnhardt Jr doesn't have half the talent Jeff Gordon has. He doesn't win like Gordon does and he hasn't got even one championship, while Gordon has four. In short, Dale Jr sux.
Haven't seen GORDAN do much lately

Since: Jul 08

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Mar 2, 2009
 

Judged:

2

1

Gordan said just yesterday that he has been LAzy. Poor excuse if you ask me
Whoyakidding

Durham, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Mar 2, 2009
 
Ceder, that must be the type of wood his head is made from to have gone back to Oct 08 and to find this thread and bring it back up.
cindy

Shallotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Mar 2, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Because said it best of all.So very true.

Since: Jul 08

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Mar 2, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

cindy wrote:
Because said it best of all.So very true.
Because = Cindy..lmao..Thanks for the skittles...yummy

Since: Jul 08

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Mar 2, 2009
 
Because wrote:
Dale Earnhardt Jr doesn't have half the talent Jeff Gordon has. He doesn't win like Gordon does and he hasn't got even one championship, while Gordon has four. In short, Dale Jr sux.
Funny how I read this post and thought of you.
cindy

Shallotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Mar 2, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Iam sorry but I try to agree with smart people. And because hit the nail on the head.

Since: Jul 08

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Mar 2, 2009
 
cindy wrote:
Iam sorry but I try to agree with smart people. And because hit the nail on the head.
lol..Oh, I see
REFUSE2LOSE

Monroe, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Mar 2, 2009
 
JADE-88 wrote:
<quoted text>Haven't seen GORDAN do much lately
He is the current points leader!!! Guess thats not much

Since: Jul 08

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Mar 2, 2009
 
REFUSE2LOSE wrote:
<quoted text>
He is the current points leader!!! Guess thats not much
no not really.Not at this point in the game.I'm not a Gordon hater.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Mar 2, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Because wrote:
Dale Earnhardt Jr doesn't have half the talent Jeff Gordon has. He doesn't win like Gordon does and he hasn't got even one championship, while Gordon has four. In short, Dale Jr sux.
Well Dale Jr made 12 million more than Jimmie last year and 5 million more than Jeff. I don't think 35 million sux's to bad .
When your the most popular driver sponsors and
Merchandising pays big time. Check with Forbes
they have the top 10 listed along with a picture....
cindy

Shallotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Mar 2, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

1

He sells hats and tee shirts people.BECAUSE HIS FATHER WAS 7 TIME WINSTON CUP CHAMPION. Get real.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Mar 2, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

cindy wrote:
He sells hats and tee shirts people.BECAUSE HIS FATHER WAS 7 TIME WINSTON CUP CHAMPION. Get real.
Well most drivers do sell shirts and hats and many other things.For real.

Since: Jul 08

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Mar 2, 2009
 

Judged:

3

2

1

cindy wrote:
He sells hats and tee shirts people.BECAUSE HIS FATHER WAS 7 TIME WINSTON CUP CHAMPION. Get real.
Those t-shirts say Jr on them not Sr.You can still by Sr stuff.So what's your point?
cindy

Shallotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Mar 2, 2009
 
because JR is on the race track driving around. And I still buy Dale SR things.But the point is. I will type slow so you can understand me. JR IS ONLY THERE BECAUSE OF HIS FATHER.

Since: Jul 08

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Mar 2, 2009
 

Judged:

2

2

1

cindy wrote:
because JR is on the race track driving around. And I still buy Dale SR things.But the point is. I will type slow so you can understand me. JR IS ONLY THERE BECAUSE OF HIS FATHER.
Well I will repeat Kyle is probably there because his brother opened that door for him.

“Jr. Fan For Life”

Since: Feb 09

D-burg

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Mar 2, 2009
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Jade-88 is so right. Jr.'s name is on those shirts, caps, etc. not Sr. People buy his merchandise for many reasons. They like his style of driving, he's FINE, they relate to him, etc. It has nothing to do with his daddy. People like to hate on Jr. because he's rich, famous, talented, and good looking. Keep hating cuz' I'm sure he could care less.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of188
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Joe Nemechek Discussions

Search the Joe Nemechek Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Penalty, wreck ruin weekend for Busch (Aug '06) Feb '10 24and48 79
Slide Show: Nascar Drivers Visit Walter Reed (Sep '09) Sep '09 LTE14 8
Coke Zero 400 update at the 100-mile mark (Jul '09) Jul '09 ADFAST Marketing 1
Mayfield among 15 to apply for Cup ownership (Jan '09) May '09 snow 191
Talladega activity begins Thursday (Apr '09) Apr '09 Just A Casual Fan 11
Joe Nemechek's Nashville flip stirs memories of... (Apr '09) Apr '09 THE DEVIL 6
Joe Nemecheck Rolls Along at Nashville SuperSpe... (Apr '09) Apr '09 Sandra 8
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••