Mayfield among 15 to apply for Cup ownership

Jan 23, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: ESPN

Jeremy Mayfield is among 15 people who have applied for ownership in the Sprint Cup series this season, NASCAR officials said on Thursday.

Comments
21 - 40 of 191 Comments Last updated May 10, 2009
Whoyakidding

Durham, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2009

Here's one that hopes everyone of these people success and do went. HOWEVER, reality says that most of them are doing it just as a park and ride. Managed well, whether you have a sponsor or not, good money can be made this way. There was and still is, a lot of first edition COTs on the market. These rolling chassis can be picked up pretty cheap, throw in a leased drive train and you got a racecar. If you happen to already own a hauler, make an investment in some replacement parts and enough people to run a pit crew and you're pretty much in the racing business. It's diffently a little more technical that I have discripted it but it wouldn't take a brain surgent to pull it off.
Mary

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2009

I heard this on "NASCAR Now" just yesterday & all I could think was, "This guy doesn't know when to quit! This won't last long at all."

I appreciate Jeremy's effort, but I REALLY don't think this will work at all, but we'll see I guess...
Brian

Lutherville Timonium, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2009

LEBANON KY wrote:
paint scheme, sponser, crew chief and all have been annouced, check out
www.jayski.com for all the information.
mayfield is back in the black 41 with a full time sponser for 09, more than most cars can say in nascar right now!
He has put his life savings into their endeavorment. If he even qualifies he wont be there long he's no Tony Stewart. Hes still a liar and a cheat.
Voice of Reality

Petersburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2009

Judged:

james wrote:
<quoted text>
he has been a top 20 car, btw learn to spell.
James, while you are giving out the free English lessons, perhaps you should take another look at the book.

Your statement of, he has been a top 20 car, reeks of ignorance.

(1) Oh great English major, please learn to use a capital letter to start your sentence.

(2) Jeremy could not be a top 20 car unless he is the product of the mating of male and female cars. The correct statement would be, He has been the DRIVER of a top 20 car.

James, My Man, next time you wish to correct the spelling of another, please, put the statement is correct sentence form.
cow

Sunnyvale, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2009

JERAMY MAYFIELD
GRID FILLER
BOZO THE CLOWN

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2009

Judged:

Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
James, while you are giving out the free English lessons, perhaps you should take another look at the book.
Your statement of, he has been a top 20 car, reeks of ignorance.
(1) Oh great English major, please learn to use a capital letter to start your sentence.
(2) Jeremy could not be a top 20 car unless he is the product of the mating of male and female cars. The correct statement would be, He has been the DRIVER of a top 20 car.
James, My Man, next time you wish to correct the spelling of another, please, put the statement is correct sentence form.
maybe you should change your moniker to nitpicker!

hahahahahahaha!!!!
Voice of Reality

Petersburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2009

Judged:

BOZO THE CLOWN wrote:
<quoted text>
maybe you should change your moniker to nitpicker!
hahahahahahaha!!!!
Actually, Mr. BOZO THE CLOD, no, I was just pointing out that people who life in glass houses should not cast stones.

Now, I will assume that even an AOL idiot will be able to understand that.

AOL----------All Online Losers
Voice of Reality

Petersburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2009

Judged:

My bad, I meant people who live, not life, in glass houses.
Tommy

Suwanee, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2009

#41 All Sport Toyota Jeremy Mayfield 2009
Bobby Mayfield

Tempe, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2009

GOOD news.... The news we have all been waiting for. I am the only one that has been checking this site for sometime now to get news of jeremy? Man best news ive had in a while... Good luck Jeremy, Get It Done Cuz, Im pulling for you as always
what

Radcliff, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2009

Judged:

Brian wrote:
<quoted text>He has put his life savings into their endeavorment. If he even qualifies he wont be there long he's no Tony Stewart. Hes still a liar and a cheat.
O.M.G. Buddy get your facts straight. the reason he was fired from e.m. was nothing to do with being a liar or a cheat, check your facts moron.

#1 pretty boy Kasey Kane was given mayfields cars, pitcrew, and crew chief. all because the girls and queer guys like him.

#2 when the 19 team was failing to improve Mayfield many times made the comment that they needed help from evernham, yet ray was to busy working with his little honey in the truck series.

#3, he wasn't a liar about the affair, dodge made evernham cut ties with erin crocker's nascar driving or they threated to pull dodge support from evernham.

#4, what has the 19 done since mayfield departed. i'm a sadler fan all way back to the wood brothers, but man he hasn't done anything since he left robert yates to go to evernham.

evernham motorsports is the liar and cheats. take a bigger picture look at it, sadler signed an extension to his contract and yet they tried to replace him in december of last year with allmendinger, only by court filing by sadler did he keep his ride.

well see down the road, but with allsport being not only the full year sponser for mayfield, but also part owner in the team, they are going at it for the long haul. the money and talent are there to compete.
lol

Radcliff, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2009

Judged:

Brian wrote:
<quoted text>He has put his life savings into their endeavorment. If he even qualifies he wont be there long he's no Tony Stewart. Hes still a liar and a cheat.
that's for sure, he's not a fat boy that wines and crys over everything that happens. mayfield has said that he made mistakes, that's something you'll never hear from stewart. it's always gonna be someone elses fault.
Voice of Reality

Petersburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2009

Judged:

what wrote:
<quoted text>
O.M.G. Buddy get your facts straight. the reason he was fired from e.m. was nothing to do with being a liar or a cheat, check your facts moron.
#1 pretty boy Kasey Kane was given mayfields cars, pitcrew, and crew chief. all because the girls and queer guys like him.
#2 when the 19 team was failing to improve Mayfield many times made the comment that they needed help from evernham, yet ray was to busy working with his little honey in the truck series.
#3, he wasn't a liar about the affair, dodge made evernham cut ties with erin crocker's nascar driving or they threated to pull dodge support from evernham.
#4, what has the 19 done since mayfield departed. i'm a sadler fan all way back to the wood brothers, but man he hasn't done anything since he left robert yates to go to evernham.
evernham motorsports is the liar and cheats. take a bigger picture look at it, sadler signed an extension to his contract and yet they tried to replace him in december of last year with allmendinger, only by court filing by sadler did he keep his ride.
well see down the road, but with allsport being not only the full year sponser for mayfield, but also part owner in the team, they are going at it for the long haul. the money and talent are there to compete.
Actually, Mr. Who, gosh, I thought you were on first base according to Buddy Abbot and Lou Costello.

Jeremy Mayfield WAS fired for going public with what should have been an in house situation about Evernham and Crocker. Do you think you could keep your job if you went to the paper and told them YOUR BOSS was having an affair and with who?

Jeremy Mayfield is a somewhat over age, under producing driver who had his day in the sun and Mr. Who, that sunny day has come and gone.

I can hear the announcers now, and now qualifying for the last spot in the go or go home group of cars will be the all sport, sports drink car of Jeremy Mayfield, attempting to knock off the NOS sports drink car of that all time great Stanton Barrett. Which one of these cars will earn the right to start 42nd and earn the right to race for 15 laps and then park the car?
Matt M

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2009

Judged:

To Voice of reality.

I don't know what you have against Jeremy, but he is one heck of a driver. Go back to when he made the chase two years in a row. That was when you had to be in the top 10 in points(not the top 12 which was changed because of you know who could not do it). I know look at Kasey Kahne, how many chases has he made? Take a look at when Kahne even won 6 races. Where did he finish in points. I realize Jeremy has not won as many races, but he sure was until Evernham gave his pit crew and cheif to Kahne a HELL OF A LOT MORE consistant on have a good finish than Kasey. Don't get me wrong I think Kasey is a good driver, and the fact that he was given Jeremy's crew, was mostly due to sponsors wanting the younger more apealing face to their product. It is a shame racing has come down to that instead of talent. I don't think that a driver forgets how to drive in 3 months which is what seemed to happen during the off season of 2005-2006 for Jeremy. I stand my ground in that Jeremy made the chase two years in a row when is was the to ten in points. That alone says it all. P.S I almost forgot to mention that he is one of the few drivers who can say that they were able to move Earnhardt out of the way on the last last of a race to win.
Bobby Mayfield

Tempe, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2009

Judged:

Voice of bullshit:

Ray was too busy having his head up krockers ass then being involved with the team. He wasnt showing up to the races and basically gave mayfield the shaft after he made the chase in 2005.. He gave pretty kasey basically the whole 19 team with his crew chief, pitcrew and chassis... How would you feel If all you had the prior year was gone, woudnt it piss you off? right after another succesful year? I would voice out to, thats riduclous. If mayfield has good eqiuptment and is in a good envirement like in 2005 and 2004 he can succeed. It will be hard for him the first couple years with his own team but if waltrip or robby can do it why cant mayfield.. Hes better then both.. So go **** yourself and stop being a douche.

“"The Chase" SUX!!!”

Since: Jul 07

Lafayette

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2009

Judged:

Matt, the best thing to do, is just ignore this troll. This person has no mission other than to name call, insult, and twist other people's words into an argument of his choosing.
Bobby Mayfield

Tempe, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2009

haha troll wow.. I dont understand why people come on and bash mayfield, why even post if your just going to be negative, considering most of the people are fans of mayfield on here. Its irritating
Whoyakidding

Durham, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2009

Bobby Mayfield wrote:
haha troll wow.. I dont understand why people come on and bash mayfield, why even post if your just going to be negative, considering most of the people are fans of mayfield on here. Its irritating
Where do you get the idea most of the people on here are Mayfield fans. 5 wins in close to 500 starts, that isn't exactly setting the world on fire considering he has been lucky enough to have driven for some top teams. I hope for Jeremy's sake that Gary Smith has the heavy end of this investment in futility. Of course, you can make some money in park and ride if you're low on the pride pole.
Denver Dan Mayfield

Stone Mountain, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2009

If I can read, to enter this site, you must type in Jeremy's name, and yes, most of us are fans of his. This is America, still, and you have the right to say anything you want...pro or con! Go Jeremy...40th in pracice so far out of 57 cars...all that really counts is the twin 125's next Thursday...we will see!!! L8. Daniel "Denver Dan" Mayfield.
Voice of Reality

Petersburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 7, 2009

Judged:

Bobby Mayfield wrote:
Voice of bullshit:
Ray was too busy having his head up krockers ass then being involved with the team. He wasnt showing up to the races and basically gave mayfield the shaft after he made the chase in 2005.. He gave pretty kasey basically the whole 19 team with his crew chief, pitcrew and chassis... How would you feel If all you had the prior year was gone, woudnt it piss you off? right after another succesful year? I would voice out to, thats riduclous. If mayfield has good eqiuptment and is in a good envirement like in 2005 and 2004 he can succeed. It will be hard for him the first couple years with his own team but if waltrip or robby can do it why cant mayfield.. Hes better then both.. So go **** yourself and stop being a douche.
Much like your namesake, Jeremy, you feel the need for personal attack, however, this does not alter the fact that Jeremy talked himself out of a first class ride and now is relegated to a one car, used equipment, start and park car. I will hope that IF Jeremy would have chosen the written word for his avenue of attack, he would have superior, to you, spelling abilities.

I offer up for your consideration, little ditties like, your wasnt, instead of the proper Wasn't.
The old faithful standby of the slow of thought, pitcrew as an incorrect one word, instead of the proper pit crew. The ever stupid, woudnt. Now we will get to the area of Jeremy's eqiuptment and envirement, did you perhaps mean Equipment and Environment?

Not only is this mental midget an attack oriented person, it is also relegated to poor 7th grade level English to attack with.

This one is a true example of YOUR tax dollars at work in public schools.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Joe Nemechek Discussions

Search the Joe Nemechek Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Penalty, wreck ruin weekend for Busch (Aug '06) Feb '10 24and48 79
Slide Show: Nascar Drivers Visit Walter Reed (Sep '09) Sep '09 LTE14 8
Coke Zero 400 update at the 100-mile mark (Jul '09) Jul '09 ADFAST Marketing 1
Why did Jeff Gordon win more money than Dale Ea... (Oct '08) Apr '09 race fan 188
Talladega activity begins Thursday (Apr '09) Apr '09 Just A Casual Fan 11
Joe Nemechek's Nashville flip stirs memories of... (Apr '09) Apr '09 THE DEVIL 6
Joe Nemecheck Rolls Along at Nashville SuperSpe... (Apr '09) Apr '09 Sandra 8
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••