Sources: DEI, Ginn to merge, race 4 cars Sunday

Jul 24, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: ESPN

Dale Earnhardt Inc. will announce on Wednesday that it is merging with Ginn Racing, effective immediately, and will acquire all Ginn assets, including its massive headquarters, multiple sources close to DEI ... via ESPN

Comments
1 - 20 of 96 Comments Last updated Jul 30, 2007
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
CHRIS

Decatur, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2007

WoW! I am going to have to go check this out. I wonder what Junior thinks about this?
Terry

Gardner, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2007

What the hell does DEI want with Ginn unless he had a fire sale. Mark Martin is the only driver that has done anything and being part time, they must have gotten the whole ball of wax pretty cheap. The bitch is already in bed with RCR. I don't see the point in this unless they got it for a song. Anybody else got any idea's?
Mary

Astoria, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2007

I think Ginn has the horsepower, just hasn't had drivers with enough experience yet (excluding Mark Martin).
Dale Jr Fan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2007

Terry wrote:
What the hell does DEI want with Ginn unless he had a fire sale. Mark Martin is the only driver that has done anything and being part time, they must have gotten the whole ball of wax pretty cheap. The bitch is already in bed with RCR. I don't see the point in this unless they got it for a song. Anybody else got any idea's?
Ginn has money to invest thats why DEI wanted to join in. Bud
is still wanting to go with Kasey Khane.I think its very strange that Ginn cannot get sponsors. Still waiting to see what happens with the 8 car..She needs to let Jr have it and she can run one of Ginns numbers....what's your take on this?????
Dale Jr Fan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2007

CHRIS wrote:
WoW! I am going to have to go check this out. I wonder what Junior thinks about this?
I will try to find out this weekend.....
NASCAR Cannuck

Dryden, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2007

Terry wrote:
Ginn's engine's are supplied by Hendrick are they not?
Ginn has a 7 post shaker.
Ginn has a janitor that could probably outdrive JR.
Good job DEI.
Like I've said; now all DEI has to do is sign Shrub and with Mark mentoring him and Truex, they'll have a Championship within 2 years!
Door couldn't have hit Jr in the ass at a better time!!
Dale Jr Fan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2007

NASCAR Cannuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Good job DEI.
Like I've said; now all DEI has to do is sign Shrub and with Mark mentoring him and Truex, they'll have a Championship within 2 years!
It took him leaving to open some closed eyes at DEI. Had he stayed things would still be in the rut.....I am sure glad he is moving on .....
Dale Jr Fan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2007

Jr Burton Fan wrote:
And by the way, i would be really shocked if Kenny Wallace's team was to get the 13 owner points, i thought for sure you'd see a Toyota team or even Evernham/Valvoline would pony up for them. The one team i wish could get them but i know there's no chance in hell is Ward Burton's team, but honestly, with the grade of equipment he's running, i'd be suprised if he got them if he could stay up there.
I think Menards's #15 will get the bonus points. He will be lucky to if he keeps it in the top 35. Daddy can buy the points but can't buy him a win......
Terry

Gardner, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2007

Dale Jr Fan wrote:
<quoted text>Ginn has money to invest thats why DEI wanted to join in. Bud
is still wanting to go with Kasey Khane.I think its very strange that Ginn cannot get sponsors. Still waiting to see what happens with the 8 car..She needs to let Jr have it and she can run one of Ginns numbers....what's your take on this?????
DEI has plenty of money and so does Ginn. I agree with you it's very strange about the sponsers. This is only my opinion now, but I think Ginn thought it was gonna be a walk park especially the way Mark Martin started out. I just think he is worried about his investment even though he has big bucks. He is gonna be taking a back seat in running things, DEI jumps in at a decent price and he gets most his investment covered. What does not make sense to me is DEI is in bed with RCR on their motor program why buy Ginn?. But DEI wants to save face after losing jr ,so maybe they think buy buying Ginn they have a better chance of competeing with HMS. Also I don't think you'll see Jr in the #8, She is not gonna give that up just to get back at losing Jr. Like i said just my opinion.
Terry

Gardner, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2007

NASCAR Cannuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Good job DEI.
I am a Gibbs fan but HMS has their shit together hands down they are the best right now. They aren't stupid. I can see your aren't a jr fan but he would be in the chase right now if started with just average equipment. He has a much better shot with the stuff over at HMS. I am not gonna get in a big pissing contest over jr with you .But I think he is a very good driver and so does HMS and gee I think they know what they are doing. And you are correct Ginn's engines are Hendrick's, so why is DEI buying them when they just joined together with RCR's motor program. And last but not least I was hopeing jr would have joined Gibb's I would have loved it. It would have given us a better crack at HMS
4everDEI

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2007

NASCAR Cannuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Good job DEI.
Exactly, Jr could care less about DEI. All him and Kelley have cared about his JRM. And I dont wanna hear how she shouldve treated him better cause he was family. They stopped being family after Dale died because that is how Jr wanted it and he said as much. He quit on his own accord and wasnt forced out. He bailed.
montgomery

Luverne, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2007

i think your right teresa is not going to give the# 8 up..
JAYHAWKS

Lawrence, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2007

There is a soap opera type rumor floating around out there that has John Menard Jr. romantically involved with Theresa. If true, it might explain several things including the sudden availability of funds now that the Junior conflict is resolved. John Menard Jr. was listed as the 114th richest person in the world in 06' with $5 billion. This game is peanuts in his world.
CountryRoads

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2007

Terry wrote:
<quoted text> DEI has plenty of money and so does Ginn. I agree with you it's very strange about the sponsers. This is only my opinion now, but I think Ginn thought it was gonna be a walk park especially the way Mark Martin started out. I just think he is worried about his investment even though he has big bucks. He is gonna be taking a back seat in running things, DEI jumps in at a decent price and he gets most his investment covered. What does not make sense to me is DEI is in bed with RCR on their motor program why buy Ginn?. But DEI wants to save face after losing jr ,so maybe they think buy buying Ginn they have a better chance of competeing with HMS. Also I don't think you'll see Jr in the #8, She is not gonna give that up just to get back at losing Jr. Like i said just my opinion.
I think you are accruate in your assessment. A major factor is that Ginn has NO idea how to run a race team and I think he found that running a race team/business is a whole different ball of wax. Yes he has the money and believe me he has spent a very large wad of his own cash on this team, but unless you know the correct places to put that money, a rich man can become a poor man real fast. I think Ginn is pinning his hopes that attaching himself and his investment with the Earnhardts who have been in the industry for generations, that he will become the next Hendrick, which is what he wants.

As for Jr leaving DEI, I think that was a done deal even before this season. Jr does not listen to women very well (with the exception of his sister) and I think he needed Rick Hendrick and that strong male fatherly influence. Now if Jr starts butting heads with Rick H, we'll see how long he lasts. If Sr was alive, I think Jr would be a whole lot more different than he is right now. Right now, Jr needed to get away from DEI. This move will seperate the men from the boys. If Jr continues his winless streak or continues to get a win here, maybe a win there, then it will prove that Jr's lack of wins is not totally a DEI management/equipment issue. And with this merger with Ginn, I think DEI will continue to rise. Jr may regret his decision to leave DEI if it continues to improve its program like it has. But they still need to get rid of Paul Menard!! That boy has NO talent.
JR-SR FAN

Cary, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2007

Their will be no rookie in the number 8 next year. Bobby Ginn was pouring money down a rathole with Sterling and Joe in unsponsored cars and no potential for increased performance by either. A premium name driver such a Kyle Busch will be in the number 8. Mark Martin will run the last Hendrick motor this weekend in Indy. From this point forward the 01 will be on DEI/RCR power. If you haven't been to Mooresville lately it's hard to believe their is anything better than what DEI had but Ginn's facility was. Ginn is still a partner and will be able to use his association to the team much like Felix Sabates has. What I am wondering is how much John Menard money is in this deal.
menards

Cherry Hill, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2007

how does this effect Aric Almorola? He snubbed his nose at Gibbs to drive for Ginn in Cup, and now his name isnt mentioned anwhere in the merger details?
menards

Cherry Hill, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2007

*** should be "affect" ***
CHRIS

Decatur, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2007

Terry wrote:
<quoted text> I am a Gibbs fan but HMS has their shit together hands down they are the best right now. They aren't stupid. I can see your aren't a jr fan but he would be in the chase right now if started with just average equipment. He has a much better shot with the stuff over at HMS. I am not gonna get in a big pissing contest over jr with you .But I think he is a very good driver and so does HMS and gee I think they know what they are doing. And you are correct Ginn's engines are Hendrick's, so why is DEI buying them when they just joined together with RCR's motor program. And last but not least I was hopeing jr would have joined Gibb's I would have loved it. It would have given us a better crack at HMS
Terry, This is just opinion but with DEI being the leader of this new four car team I am assuming that HMS will no longer supply engines for any of the cars racing under the DEI flag. They will run the DEI/RCR engines. Sounds like we got a new big boy on the block. This should be real interesting especially next year. DEI-4 teams, HMS-4teams, Rousch-4teams, Gibbs-3teams, Childress-3teams, That's a bunch of cars in one race coming from 5 teams. With Junior going to Hendrick I see the start of a big rivalry between those two for sure. This is going to be cool as hell!
CHRIS

Decatur, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2007

menards wrote:
how does this effect Aric Almorola? He snubbed his nose at Gibbs to drive for Ginn in Cup, and now his name isnt mentioned anwhere in the merger details?
I think I read on Jayskis he is still going to split time with Mark Martin. Now I don't know if that is permanent but I think it is for the rest of this year. I think the house cleaning is done.
CHRIS

Decatur, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2007

Sounds like DEI and GINN will shack up together at Ginns' facility and I guess Teresa will make Dales' building into the museum after all. I really wonder what Junior is thinking about all of this. The way I see it there is no going back EVER! Teresa has taken it all and I'll bet money the Earnhardt children will never see any of it. Oh except for Taylor that is. Well, I have found a new team to root against. I hope they fall on their faces. They have bought Paul Menards' way into the field by swapping points that Sterling earned. I don't think that is fair at all. Sterling should get those points wherever he goes. Teresa can rot for all I care. Junior is gone and with him out of the picture she went to town doing what Junior wanted to do all along. I think she is a low life bitch!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Joe Nemechek Discussions

Search the Joe Nemechek Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Penalty, wreck ruin weekend for Busch (Aug '06) Feb '10 24and48 79
Slide Show: Nascar Drivers Visit Walter Reed (Sep '09) Sep '09 LTE14 8
Coke Zero 400 update at the 100-mile mark (Jul '09) Jul '09 ADFAST Marketing 1
Mayfield among 15 to apply for Cup ownership (Jan '09) May '09 snow 191
Why did Jeff Gordon win more money than Dale Ea... (Oct '08) Apr '09 race fan 188
Talladega activity begins Thursday (Apr '09) Apr '09 Just A Casual Fan 11
Joe Nemechek's Nashville flip stirs memories of... (Apr '09) Apr '09 THE DEVIL 6
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••