NASCAR Ratings Down: Decline All Seas...

NASCAR Ratings Down: Decline All Season for Fox

There are 46 comments on the Bleacher Report story from Jun 5, 2009, titled NASCAR Ratings Down: Decline All Season for Fox. In it, Bleacher Report reports that:

Last week's Dover race marked the 16th consecutive week of NASCAR Sprint Cup racing on television that saw a major decrease from the sports coverage of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Bleacher Report.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#42 Jun 9, 2009
left for first tour jan 68. came home mid 1969 left for second tour jan 1970 came home mid 1971. went to a 71 race. What the problem? Where you not good at math?
mrbreeze wrote:
<quoted text>Explain something to all of the NASCAR forum users how it takes you better than 3 years to do a 2 year tour of duty? Is your surname Gilligan? You said you were in the 'Nam beginning Jan.'68 and came home in '71! What did you do, swim home?
http://www.topix.com/forum/nascar/dale-earnha...
acrimonious

North Hills, CA

#43 Jun 9, 2009
not enough danger or controversy - just round and round and round. The COT is a joke and the decals are simply funny. They need about 20 road courses and to get rid of the restrictor plates. Just let then go as fast as they can handle...that will separate the real drivers from the PC posers. Blindingly fast turns and very few rules. Racing is not a stick and ball sport - it is meant to be a spectacle where winning a race is everything and the boring "racing for points" is bullsh!t!
WWE NASCAR

Newtown, CT

#44 Jun 9, 2009
acrimonious wrote:
not enough danger or controversy - just round and round and round. The COT is a joke and the decals are simply funny. They need about 20 road courses and to get rid of the restrictor plates. Just let then go as fast as they can handle...that will separate the real drivers from the PC posers. Blindingly fast turns and very few rules. Racing is not a stick and ball sport - it is meant to be a spectacle where winning a race is everything and the boring "racing for points" is bullsh!t!
Right on!

“Retired Master Gunny USMC”

Since: Jul 08

Las Vegas

#45 Jun 11, 2009
mrbreeze wrote:
<quoted text>Interesting, you posted earlier that you attended your first race in 1971, now you say you were on your second tour of Vietnam in the same year!!!
What was your unit? What was your mos? What does "semper fidelis" mean to a real marine? Who does the portrait in my avatar represent?
Mr. Blow,the post where easy to read, since I am but a simple man.

If you care to recall, I said I attended my first Nascar eace in '71, I believe I made myself fairly clear, and since I have saved all my post, miss speeling and all, you will find that I joined the Corps in '67, the 5th of June, you will also find I said two tours in country, 68-69,with a short stop in Seattle and at Camp Pen before heading back.
In '71 I shipped over,so life goes on Blow,and a little mouth wash might just help, since the air smells rather nasty from you mouth.
Have a great day Net chicken hawk.

“Retired Master Gunny USMC”

Since: Jul 08

Las Vegas

#46 Jun 11, 2009
mrbreeze wrote:
<quoted text>Damn you have your lies so mixed up you even have me confused, that takes some doing!!!
First of all you stated that you attended your first race after you returned from Vietnam in 1971, in post #2 of this thread!!! Now you claim you were home from Dec. 1969 until some time in 1971 when you re-enlisted, in the post this is in reply to!!! What were you doing for the entire year of 1970!!!
http://www.topix.com/forum/nascar/TKCOC1SVHA0...
Camp Pen California, Traning Faclicities platoon, Camp Margareta home of the 5th marines,NCO IC of Southern Impact Control a white tower where we controled all the arty and air strikes on camp Pen, as well as everyother range both north and south,Thats north and south on the base little boy.. Where were you Blow, sucking on what and protesting what?

See Blow, I know where I have been, where I have served, where did you serve Net chicken?
Also if you did really read the post you would have noticed that I watch several baseball games in 1970 with free tickets from specical services, see, low pay with a few bennies, two bit flicks and two bit bears.

“ Triple K”

Since: Dec 08

Houston, TX

#47 Jun 11, 2009
Kyle Busch is the reason for the dip.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joe Fox Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Dale Earnhardt Jr. Breaks From NASCAR Owners On... 6 hr Rich K 3
News Chase for championship: Elliott a NASCAR title ... Sep 20 Yes phartse 8
News Column: NASCAR must button up its issues before... Sep 11 ItsPhaarts 2
News NASCAR at Darlington: Vegas odds, fantasy advic... Aug 31 AfterPharting 2
News James: Toyota on track to dominate NASCAR Cup S... Aug '17 WhyPhartz 2
News Cars We Remember: NASCAR still a major sporting... Aug '17 3 phaartse 2
News Hendrick Motorsports, Kasey Kahne to split afte... Aug '17 SawPhartsee 7
More from around the web