NASCAR Ratings Down: Decline All Seas...

NASCAR Ratings Down: Decline All Season for Fox

There are 46 comments on the Bleacher Report story from Jun 5, 2009, titled NASCAR Ratings Down: Decline All Season for Fox. In it, Bleacher Report reports that:

Last week's Dover race marked the 16th consecutive week of NASCAR Sprint Cup racing on television that saw a major decrease from the sports coverage of 2008.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Bleacher Report.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“Kyle Busch Best alive”

Since: Apr 09

Las Vegas, NV

#1 Jun 5, 2009
It's all because of Kyle Busch and his actions.
Kyle says he could careless about HMS. He left there after finishing 5th in points. He went to a great organization. He is teamed up with one of the best crew chiefs in the sport and has a great sponsor. The media nagged at him for a respond and he gave it to him. And nobody at JGR had a talk with him over what he said because he didn't say anything wrong. I use to hear Sr. and Tony say a lot worst and they use to do it every week. People always make a big deal over what is said about Dale. Wow its a good thing they don't ask other drivers their real feelings towards Dale because Im sure their are a few more who feel the same way that Kyle feels. So why does he have to badger his successor?

“Retired Master Gunny USMC”

Since: Jul 08

Las Vegas

#2 Jun 5, 2009
Na, not a Busch boy fan, but Nascar nees to change some of its ways. having seen my firtstb race in 71 after coming home from my second tour in Nam, Nascar went to fare to be PC.

Go back to the basics, Dale SR. had it right.

Less sissy bot mile aqnd a half tracks all the same, most two mile ones as well.

Close down these tracks, rebuild them, less Car more driver as JR Johnson said.

Watch the sport grow again, EVEN IN THE TIME OF OBAMANOMICS.

“BOO!!! Ya'll!”

Since: Apr 07

Las Cruces, NM

#3 Jun 5, 2009
16grandkids wrote:
Na, not a Busch boy fan, but Nascar nees to change some of its ways. having seen my firtstb race in 71 after coming home from my second tour in Nam, Nascar went to fare to be PC.
Less sissy bot mile aqnd a half tracks all the same, most two mile ones as well.
BS!!!
Nascartoon

Livonia, MI

#4 Jun 5, 2009
16grandkids wrote:
The problem with that theory is, the sport was very limited in it's audience back than. The sport has grown because of the changes that have been made over the years. There will never be the good ol' days again. I know everyone likes to act like they've been life long racing fans, but those of us with a brain know better. To many try to pretend like they miss the old style Nascar, but most are modern fans. There really has been little change from when they came on board. Dale Sr. didn't have it right either. He was probably the major catalyst that started the transition to the new age. His popularity and marketing of himself was a transition of sorts between the old and new. He opened up Nascar's eyes to the possibilities of how popular the sport could potentially become. Maybe not always consciously, but he certainly was a major factor in the way Nascar has grown and marketed itself to this day.
RyansGirl39

United States

#5 Jun 6, 2009
The problem is this: the sport is too commercialized. I remember watching when I was a little girl and the drivers said what was on their mind and didn't give a rats behind what people thought. Now in the driver interviews they sound like robots. The all say the same thing over and over and over. If you have heard one driver you have heard them all except maybe Tony, a real man who says what he feels. Instead of taking a car off the showroom floor in the old days and doing what you wanted, everyone has to have the same. And now they have let a foreign car company (Toyota) come in and its just not the same. I say bring back the old days of NASCAR!!!My husband and I who used to be die-hard fans, can take it or leave it has become so boring.

Las Vegas

#6 Jun 6, 2009
mrbreeze wrote:
<quoted text>BS!!!
Hey Blow

See you are still pushing wind,guess life is full of wind hearts.
So Miss Blow, hasn't your boy freind had ant inflenace on you,it's suck meat head LOL.

Have a great day Blow.

Las Vegas

#7 Jun 6, 2009
Nascartoon wrote:
<quoted text>The problem with that theory is, the sport was very limited in it's audience back than. The sport has grown because of the changes that have been made over the years. There will never be the good ol' days again. I know everyone likes to act like they've been life long racing fans, but those of us with a brain know better. To many try to pretend like they miss the old style Nascar, but most are modern fans. There really has been little change from when they came on board. Dale Sr. didn't have it right either. He was probably the major catalyst that started the transition to the new age. His popularity and marketing of himself was a transition of sorts between the old and new. He opened up Nascar's eyes to the possibilities of how popular the sport could potentially become. Maybe not always consciously, but he certainly was a major factor in the way Nascar has grown and marketed itself to this day.
I have to agree with you on many aspects of what you have said, Dale did bring the sport into nation spot light, but each generation before him boasted that in there own way.

I believe how ever, that the sport needs to turn the clock back a bit. Many of the tracks today are boring, the drivers to controled.

Want to make things happen,Pocono, New Hampshire, Michigan, take one race away from each. And California, you might as well take both as boring as that track is, and no body shows up.

Add Bristol to the Chase,Daytona,Vegas, Force changes to the track at Kansas,Chicago,California ( one race only ).

Make the racing more exciting.

I saw my first race at the old Riverside road course, free LOL, Special service tickets one benny of serving, now that old track was fun. Fontanna the track at the bottom of the potty from here, no fun.

Anyway, like you post.
Nascartoon

Livonia, MI

#8 Jun 6, 2009
RyansGirl39 wrote:
The problem is this: the sport is too commercialized. I remember watching when I was a little girl and the drivers said what was on their mind and didn't give a rats behind what people thought. Now in the driver interviews they sound like robots. The all say the same thing over and over and over. If you have heard one driver you have heard them all except maybe Tony, a real man who says what he feels. Instead of taking a car off the showroom floor in the old days and doing what you wanted, everyone has to have the same. And now they have let a foreign car company (Toyota) come in and its just not the same. I say bring back the old days of NASCAR!!!My husband and I who used to be die-hard fans, can take it or leave it has become so boring.
I can certainly empathise with what your saying. I also miss some of the bravado of those days. Now we have so many sponsors that contribute a lot of money to these teams and it's hard for drivers to once speak their minds, the way they once did. Even Tony, who every one likes to tout as the poster boy, watches his tongue plenty. Nascar has transformed into a huge business and with that, comes some changes that the original fans may not like. The only way to go back to those old times, is to alienate a lot of the new fan base and become a good ol' boy type of sport again. I don't know how Nascar justifies doing that, considering what it has become. The drivers are now used to getting the huge pay checks, the crew chiefs, owners, etc... It's funny how many people I see complain about modern Nascar, when the current fan base is the reason we have it in it's current condition. Look at all the people on these boards complaining and talking about cheating. Nascar toughens up the rules and than they complain about that. People say they want to see more competitive racing. Nascar tries to make that happen and they complain about that. We talk about how commercialized it has become. We go out and by all the memorabilia associated with our favorites. We are all to some degree a part of the problems that we complain about. I really don't believe that we can ever go back to what Nascar used to be. You either accept that it's a new iteration, or you stick around and try to at least get some of the old style back. It will never be what it once was though.
Nascartoon

Livonia, MI

#9 Jun 6, 2009
16grandkids wrote:
<quoted text>
I have to agree with you on many aspects of what you have said, Dale did bring the sport into nation spot light, but each generation before him boasted that in there own way.
I believe how ever, that the sport needs to turn the clock back a bit. Many of the tracks today are boring, the drivers to controled.
Want to make things happen,Pocono, New Hampshire, Michigan, take one race away from each. And California, you might as well take both as boring as that track is, and no body shows up.
Add Bristol to the Chase,Daytona,Vegas, Force changes to the track at Kansas,Chicago,California ( one race only ).
Make the racing more exciting.
I saw my first race at the old Riverside road course, free LOL, Special service tickets one benny of serving, now that old track was fun. Fontanna the track at the bottom of the potty from here, no fun.
Anyway, like you post.
I certainly agree with what you say. I miss the style and personalities that Nascar once had. Not just the tough guys and the talkers, but even those with the more laid back personalities. Their was a place for everyone and the mix of personalities certainly added a lot of fun to the races. No doubt the racing itself has lost a lot of personality. We've taken away tracks with a lot of history and replaced them with just another track. Unfortunately, we're seeing that history diminish in every major sport. Classic baseball fields being replaced, football arenas named after what ever business was willing to fork out the money, etc... Nascar is no different. The sad thing is. Some day, the old fans of all these sports will be gone and the younger generation will never know what it's like to watch a baseball game at Tiger Stadium, or see cars on the track at Rockingham. They'll build a new history from what they grow up with and these places will become but a faint memory. Relics to be talked about, but never really experienced. I think losing that history is the most painful thing for me. I'd like to think that my grand kids could experience, not only the event, but the feeling of history that comes along with it. I got to see where my Grandpa watched and experience these things, but my grand kids will sadly never get to do the same. While I didn't always appreciate that as a kid, I sure as hell do now.
Voice of Reality

Petersburg, VA

#10 Jun 6, 2009
mrbreeze wrote:
<quoted text>BS!!!
Just the type of answer that you would expect from a "Fat Boy Trucker". Give that boy another Chili Cheese Burger and an order of Greasy Fries.

You got a copy, Gud Buddy?

“BOO!!! Ya'll!”

Las Cruces, NM

#11 Jun 6, 2009
Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Just the type of answer that you would expect from a "Fat Boy Trucker". Give that boy another Chili Cheese Burger and an order of Greasy Fries.
You got a copy, Gud Buddy?
Once again it awakens from its coma!!! Hurry up Granny, you don't want to miss your "Octogenarians are us" meeting, LOL!!!

“BOO!!! Ya'll!”

Las Cruces, NM

#12 Jun 6, 2009
16grandkids wrote:
Explain something to all of the NASCAR forum users how it takes you better than 3 years to do a 2 year tour of duty? Is your surname Gilligan? You said you were in the 'Nam beginning Jan.'68 and came home in '71! What did you do, swim home?

http://www.topix.com/forum/nascar/dale-earnha...
mrbreeze rapist

Houston, TX

#13 Jun 6, 2009
mrbreeze wrote:
<quoted text>Explain something to all of the NASCAR forum users how it takes you better than 3 years to do a 2 year tour of duty? Is your surname Gilligan? You said you were in the 'Nam beginning Jan.'68 and came home in '71! What did you do, swim home?
rapist

“Kyle get it together! ”

Since: Oct 08

Carlsville

#14 Jun 6, 2009
mrbreeze rapist wrote:
<quoted text>rapist
troll!
Holla back

AOL

#15 Jun 6, 2009
mrbreeze wrote:
<quoted text>Explain something to all of the NASCAR forum users how it takes you better than 3 years to do a 2 year tour of duty? Is your surname Gilligan? You said you were in the 'Nam beginning Jan.'68 and came home in '71! What did you do, swim home?
I'm thinking he did one tour, came home for a while and then went back to do another tour.
I don't think they make you do two years straight.
Does that make sense ??

You're such a disrepectful idiot !!!
For Sale

AOL

#16 Jun 6, 2009
mrbreeze wrote:
<quoted text>Once again it awakens from its coma!!! Hurry up Granny, you don't want to miss your "Octogenarians are us" meeting, LOL!!!
no more lot lizards?

http://www.commercialtrucktrader.com/find/bro...

“BOO!!! Ya'll!”

Las Cruces, NM

#17 Jun 6, 2009
Holla back wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm thinking he did one tour, came home for a while and then went back to do another tour.
I don't think they make you do two years straight.
Does that make sense ??
You're such a disrepectful idiot !!!
No sense at all, NONE!!! Why do you care? Is this yet another one of Sarahs' IDs'??? I know a lot of men that actually did serve and NONE of them go out of their way to tell someone they were there, NONE!!! The one in question suggests it at the onset of every post!!!
Holla

AOL

#18 Jun 6, 2009
mrbreeze wrote:
<quoted text>No sense at all, NONE!!! Why do you care? Is this yet another one of Sarahs' IDs'??? I know a lot of men that actually did serve and NONE of them go out of their way to tell someone they were there, NONE!!! The one in question suggests it at the onset of every post!!!
Why do I care?
Because A-holes like you showing disrespect to a Vietnam vet pisses me off, that's why!!!
If you knew some Vietnam vets you would know that they do one tour, come home, then go back for another tour equaling 2 tours in 3 years.
So it's YOU that's a lying azz idiot !!!

“BOO!!! Ya'll!”

Las Cruces, NM

#19 Jun 6, 2009
For Sale wrote:
<quoted text>
no more lot lizards?
http://www.commercialtrucktrader.com/find/bro...
You are some kind of brain surgeon aren't you??? LOL, a "CDL" is even required to operate the POS in your attachment!!! Even you could lagally drive it, legally not efficiently, LOL!!!

As far as "Lot Lizards go, they're alive and waiting on you at the local truck stop, help yourself, LOL!!!

“BOO!!! Ya'll!”

Las Cruces, NM

#20 Jun 6, 2009
legally, edit!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joe Fox Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gluck: NASCAR should ban Confederate flag from ... 32 min White Man 43
News Debris cautions have NASCAR fans buzzing Mar '15 stewart scott 14
News Busch lifted by warm reception from race team u... Mar '15 Gee Tee Pee 3
News Johnson goes for jackpot in Vegas Mar '15 MrTinkerTrain24 3
News NASCAR Still Won't Listen To Any Criticism From... Jan '15 Hilton Head 1
News Jeff Gordon hits NASCAR's Brad Keselowski in pi... (Nov '14) Nov '14 Harry Horton 1
News Tony Stewart silence heightens roar of criticism (Aug '14) Aug '14 Manic 2 38
More from around the web