Smashing victory for Busch

Smashing victory for Busch

There are 3 comments on the St. Paul Pioneer Press story from Jun 6, 2009, titled Smashing victory for Busch. In it, St. Paul Pioneer Press reports that:

Kyle Busch punished the competition and a brand new Gibson Les Paul guitar trophy Saturday night at Nashville Superspeedway.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at St. Paul Pioneer Press.

magicgirl

United States

#1 Jun 6, 2009
I thought Rusty gave a pretty clear opinion of his behavior on the pre race show when Kyle said he " did not report tire problems because he didn't want to give Christmas to anybody, he felt if he didn't get a good start and the field stacked up behind him there would be a green white checker and he would win the race" (this was for last weekend )
Rusty said he though Nascar would disapprove of that theory (intentionally wrecking the field for his own benefit) and that this was not how he drove a race car and a lot of things had changed since then he guessed. I just watched a you tube of him in victory lane. I guess he thought he would be like a dope crazed rock star. Looked pretty childish to me. I am sure the artist thought so also! I would not waste a moment doing another guitar for him!

“BOO!!! Ya'll!”

Since: Apr 07

Las Cruces, NM

#2 Jun 6, 2009
magicgirl wrote:
I thought Rusty gave a pretty clear opinion of his behavior on the pre race show when Kyle said he " did not report tire problems because he didn't want to give Christmas to anybody, he felt if he didn't get a good start and the field stacked up behind him there would be a green white checker and he would win the race" (this was for last weekend )
Rusty said he though Nascar would disapprove of that theory (intentionally wrecking the field for his own benefit) and that this was not how he drove a race car and a lot of things had changed since then he guessed. I just watched a you tube of him in victory lane. I guess he thought he would be like a dope crazed rock star. Looked pretty childish to me. I am sure the artist thought so also! I would not waste a moment doing another guitar for him!
I also heard what Rusty said in the pre-race show. I'm no Rusty fan but he was right on here! There is an article that states the artist, Sam Bass, was OK with it after Busch talked to him! Why wouldn't he be, he already had his money! I agree with you though, extremely childish and disrespectful!!! If he wanted his crew to have a piece of the guitar, I'm quite sure he could have had the artist make the appropriate number of copies for him!!! I KNOW he could afford it!!!
Homer

AOL

#3 Jun 7, 2009
yep

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joe Fox Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Can NASCAR's Brickyard 400 at Indianapolis Moto... 14 hr BePhart 13
News Kenseth addresses No. 88 talk Jul 19 DidPhart 6
News Roundtable: Does NASCAR need more dirt races? Jul 19 Round phartzz 2
News NASCAR Cup: Jeff Gordon to drive Brickyard 400 ... Jul 10 I phart 14
News Gordon to lead Brickyard 400 field as pace-car ... Jun 29 Brick phart 2
News NASCAR suspends team members for Kyle Busch, Ch... Jun '17 YeahPhart 10
News NASCAR at Kansas: Jeff Gordon blames former tea... May '17 Pointing pharts 2
More from around the web