Who's really to blame for the big wre...

Who's really to blame for the big wreck at Daytona?

There are 1 comment on the www.bnd.com story from Feb 17, 2009, titled Who's really to blame for the big wreck at Daytona?. In it, www.bnd.com reports that:

Even though Matt Kenseth won the rain- shortened Daytona 500, perhaps the biggest storyline in this year's "Great American Race" was the major wreck started by Brian Vickers and NASCAR's most popular driver, ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.bnd.com.

RudyCarp

Oak Grove, KY

#1 Feb 18, 2009
I have first hand experience with this situation, and as the one who threw the BIG block, I came away feeling that I caused it all. I set it up,and the other guy was grasping for a piece of pavement. Jr. had 2 choices...#1 Stay down there and hope Vickers was going to stay on the gas and let him in before anything more than a fast seconds time had passed,( remember the turn was comeing up, and the apron doesn`t work in the turns at 180+)...#2 Get the hell back up on the track where its safer,"without delay". Jr. made the right choice,unfortunately Vickers had to get out of the gas as the result of HIS impact with Jr., and so the gap wasn`t open for Jr. to get back to safety,"ON TRACK". Vickers set the entire senario up. The reason you don`t hear 43 other drivers whining about this is,"in hind site they all know the truth from their own understandeing of FLAT APRON RACEING.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joe Fox Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Halfway through NASCAR Sprint Cup season, new r... Jul 17 RichK 2
News Nation-Now 1 hour ago 6:03 a.m.NASCAR looks bey... Jul 1 Hilton Head 1
News Last Weekend's NASCAR Race Had Lowest Televisio... Jun 24 WWE CRASHCAR 2016 12
News Danica Patrick's car bursts into flames, Stewar... May '16 WelbyMD 1
News Carl Edwards nudges to NASCAR victory Apr '16 Rich K 2
News NASCAR: The return of Smoke Apr '16 MrTinkertrain24 1
News Controversy and politics surround NASCAR race a... Apr '16 MrTinkertrain24 1
More from around the web