Long race wreaks havoc on Fox broadcast

Long race wreaks havoc on Fox broadcast

There are 8 comments on the The Seattle Times story from Apr 12, 2010, titled Long race wreaks havoc on Fox broadcast. In it, The Seattle Times reports that:

Sagging television ratings have made NASCAR an easy target for critics who have panned everything from the cars, the races and the drivers themselves as reason for tuning out the past several seasons.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Seattle Times.

Since: Jul 09

Brisbane, CA

#1 Apr 12, 2010
Maybe a good start would be to do away with the top speed controlling restricter plates and let's see just how fast these guys can go. The cars are basically bullet proof now - let 'em run !!
Mama Mary

Phoenixville, PA

#2 Apr 12, 2010
Why not use the split screen when a commercial is shown. It works well for Indy car races. No cautions or lead changes are missed.

Since: May 08

Metamora, IL

#3 Apr 12, 2010
@jimmy We only run plates at 2 tracks.

They need to figure out the formula for when the yellow is waving. they cars go around the track at a predictable speed. Therefor you know how many commercials you can get in during a caution.

Come back from commercial asap to acknowledge the caution and possible stops.

Missing yellow flag Pit Stops for the lead lap cars is unacceptable. They know they are coming and there is no reason to miss them.

If NASCAR needs to assign an extra lap or too to the caution clean-up for commercials then do it.

Since: May 08

Metamora, IL

#4 Apr 12, 2010
Every option is available if NASCAR will make partners commit to it. Side by side is an exapmle, if NASCAR would just mandate it, viewership will go up.

Trent, TX

#5 Apr 13, 2010
tell the guys in the booth to shut up! They talk everything to death!

Raleigh, NC

#6 Apr 13, 2010
What wleaks havoc to Fox bloadcast and brood out of fans eals is the dliver spouted by Wartlip.

Cleveland, OH

#7 Apr 13, 2010
My mother has counted over 10 commercials.
A Real Fan

Grand Rapids, MI

#8 Apr 13, 2010
nascarfan wrote:
tell the guys in the booth to shut up! They talk everything to death!
I agree 100%. Duck tape on DW would help.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Joe Fox Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Recap: Rousey loses to Holm, rain dashes NASCAR... Nov 16 Fart news 4
News NASCAR's harsh punishment on Matt Kenseth a rarity Nov 9 Fart news 9
News 2015 Petit Le Mans: Action Express Racing Sweep... Oct '15 Fart news 2
News Gluck: NASCAR should ban Confederate flag from ... Sep '15 Fart news 63
News Debris cautions have NASCAR fans buzzing (Mar '15) Mar '15 stewart scott 14
News Busch lifted by warm reception from race team u... (Mar '15) Mar '15 Gee Tee Pee 3
News Johnson goes for jackpot in Vegas (Mar '15) Mar '15 MrTinkerTrain24 3
More from around the web