Was Dale Earnhardt Jr. a failure at Hendrick?

Nov 22, 2008 Full story: The Macon Telegraph 26

Jimmy Spencer is never at a loss for an opinion, which is a good thing because Speed pays him to give his opinions on television.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Plain Truth

Petersburg, VA

#21 Nov 25, 2008
Christy88 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well Have you looked at Jimmy's career stats? Not to good. He didnt win a championship so would you say his career was a failure?
Christy, actually you need to look at Jimmy Spencer's complete NASCAR career to include his many years as a competitor and winner in the tough North Easten Modified Tour. Jimmy was everything in Modified racing that Sr. was in Winston Cup, now lets look at Jr's career prior to getting spoon fed the best of equipment at the Nation Wide and Cup level. Jr. was, at best, a middle of the pack late model stock car driver, unable to ever qualify for the big LMSC race at Martinsville. Is Jr. a failure, I do not believe you can call him a failure at this point, I do, however, think that you can say that at year 11 he has not shown the ability to step up to the level of his equipment and expectations placed on the 08 year by his own commercials, fan base and team expectations.
The final proof of his lack of growth is the hiring of Mark Martin at Hendrick, done mostly to be baby sitter and pseudo father and mentor for Jr.
Christy88

San Antonio, TX

#22 Nov 25, 2008
Les2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Anytime someone brings up Jr's career you try to compair whoever it is to Jr.
Nowhere in that article did JS say he was better than Jr. He didn't compair himself to Jr. He just stated his opinion of Jr's year to what people expected!
I never said he said he was better than Jr.I asked about his career. See thats the difference in some of you posters, you say that we jump all over you for your opinons. But you dont want to hear ours. See the jr fans cant say anything in regards to any comments because we always get the same comments from posters like you. and some say I am double standard thats funny

“Sit on it! ”

Since: Jun 08

Kyle Universe

#23 Nov 25, 2008
Plain Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Christy, actually you need to look at Jimmy Spencer's complete NASCAR career to include his many years as a competitor and winner in the tough North Easten Modified Tour. Jimmy was everything in Modified racing that Sr. was in Winston Cup, now lets look at Jr's career prior to getting spoon fed the best of equipment at the Nation Wide and Cup level. Jr. was, at best, a middle of the pack late model stock car driver, unable to ever qualify for the big LMSC race at Martinsville. Is Jr. a failure, I do not believe you can call him a failure at this point, I do, however, think that you can say that at year 11 he has not shown the ability to step up to the level of his equipment and expectations placed on the 08 year by his own commercials, fan base and team expectations.
The final proof of his lack of growth is the hiring of Mark Martin at Hendrick, done mostly to be baby sitter and pseudo father and mentor for Jr.
I disagree. Jr has the ability to step up. He's proven he can run up front and be competitive this year, He can win races.
Les2

Sharon, PA

#24 Nov 26, 2008
Christy88 wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said he said he was better than Jr.I asked about his career. See thats the difference in some of you posters, you say that we jump all over you for your opinons. But you dont want to hear ours. See the jr fans cant say anything in regards to any comments because we always get the same comments from posters like you. and some say I am double standard thats funny
Whats funny is you don't even get what I'm talking about or even what your doing...LOL

“Kyle get it together! ”

Since: Oct 08

Carlsville

#25 Nov 26, 2008
There you go again attacking regulars who you got along with.
Christy88

San Antonio, TX

#26 Nov 26, 2008
Les2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Whats funny is you don't even get what I'm talking about or even what your doing...LOL
And I can say the same too you also. no matter what I say you and Jim will find a way to twist my words around. So explain to me what is it I am doing

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jimmy Spencer Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mr. Excitment (Mar '14) Jun '14 The Green_Hornet 2
Jason Lefler (Jun '13) Jun '13 ex f-14 pilot 1
@billtowngspot: RT @NascarDaily: I wonder what ... (Mar '13) Mar '13 rick mcelroy 1
enny hamlin (Mar '13) Mar '13 rick mcelroy 2
Jimmy Johnson and Chad (Sep '11) Sep '11 Betty Boop 1
cars and drivers (Sep '10) Aug '11 pierce 4
kevin harvik (Jul '11) Jul '11 Cherokee Sunrise 2
More from around the web