NASCAR's dream finish at Homestead. Do you care? (with poll);...

Nov 19, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Miami Herald

A Marlins: Pujols? No. Reyes? Maybe ; plus Sandusky, Dansby, new logo, R.I.P. NBA & more NASCAR's dream finish at Homestead.

Comments
1 - 9 of 9 Comments Last updated Nov 21, 2011
Old fan

Yelm, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2011

Judged:

There's no way that 14 car ran so good the last ten races and before barely got in the chase, it's obvious that they dont have the resources to compete. Only thing I can think is Hendricks really Stepped up for Stewert, I have watched racing for a long time and there's no way the 14 should be so much faster than all the other Hendricks cars. It makes me wonder even about the honesty of NASCAR Tony Stewert is one of my favorite drivers but if it's all fake I don't want to watch it any more.

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Since: Jun 07

Raleigh

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2011

Judged:

Old fan wrote:
There's no way that 14 car ran so good the last ten races and before barely got in the chase, it's obvious that they dont have the resources to compete. Only thing I can think is Hendricks really Stepped up for Stewert, I have watched racing for a long time and there's no way the 14 should be so much faster than all the other Hendricks cars. It makes me wonder even about the honesty of NASCAR Tony Stewert is one of my favorite drivers but if it's all fake I don't want to watch it any more.
Not to worry, Old Fan. Your suggestion that Hendrick stepped it up(way, way up) for Stewart is about as good as anyone could put it. Hendrick isn't going to get the credit for being the car owner but all the other glory for being the engine and chassis builder will not hurt his business one iota. Secondly, even though I'm a Gordon, Johnson and Earnhardt fan, none of these guys had their act together this year to the point to be serious contenders for the title. Tony Stewart doesn't have any of the associated baggage like Gordon and Johnson does(wives and kids. When luck came to Tony and he won those first two races of the chase, Smoke got fired up and stayed fired up. Here's to you
Slick Johnson, you made the last race of the year the greatest chase ever run and made my day spoiling Cousin Carl's day.

“smokes~ mojo”

Since: Dec 06

kepin' the ears on the big dog

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 20, 2011

Judged:

Glad that tony found what ever was lacking in his life that brought him back to fighting for his championship. good to see the out Tony back Congrats. Like many said we were ready for a new champ...it will be great for the sport.
Its not right NASCAR

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2011

Judged:

Old fan wrote:
Well, heck the way the begining of the race was, the other 41 cars should of just parked & let Tony Stewart & Carl Edwards just race for the whole race. All they was doing was BRAGGING about the 76 cars that Stewart passed, but didn't say how many cars got out of Stewarts way so he could catch up to Edwards at every Caution. That was the most selfish racing I've seen of so called nascar drivers!
debrobeaudean

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2011

Judged:

LOL.... this is so hillarious it is not even funny... if people did not NOTICE, Tony was going for WINS at the beginning of the season as well, but cautions fell and all sorts of other CRAP that took 6 wins from him at the beginning of the season.. now as for Tony saying they did not deserve to be IN the chase... welcome to Tony Stewart and Darian Grubb pulling legs... Tony hates the media.. and he likes to send them on trips looking for info that isn't there, letting them make idiots of themselves.. now if you are not a race FAN.. you do not deserve to comment on Tony, who is completely a RACER... HE did not consistently NEED lucky dogs, as did Carl... Tony completely ran for wins except for the 4 races that he stunk in.. why did he suddenly stink at Dover???? I have no clue... but for him to now be EXCELLENT on mile and a halves... I'll take the trade.
APPRECIATE that the ULTIMATE racer CAN race from back to front again like he used to do before the COT DESTROYED racing for 5 years in a row.
debrobeaudean

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2011

Judged:

Its not right NASCAR wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, heck the way the begining of the race was, the other 41 cars should of just parked & let Tony Stewart & Carl Edwards just race for the whole race. All they was doing was BRAGGING about the 76 cars that Stewart passed, but didn't say how many cars got out of Stewarts way so he could catch up to Edwards at every Caution. That was the most selfish racing I've seen of so called nascar drivers!
perhaps you do not have DTV and so could not watch Tony's designated channel, but when he was in the back,, those guys were NOT getting out of his way... they were ALL racing him and also, Jeff Gordon in no way got out of Tony's way..The LAPPED down cars ALWAYS show respect for those who are running for the championship in the last race of the season. as NASCAR waved the blue and yellow flag to tell them they HAD to race courteously during the last 20 laps... That race yesterday was the BEST race that has been raced in any series in YEARS, if not In All History... Tony is a well deserved CHAMP. Thank GOD racing is BACK!
HFV688

Saint Catharines, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2011

Judged:

Ford vs Chevy U cant make it any better then that throw in a Mopar and to us piston heads the worlds a better place again......GREAT RACE SMOKE
uhh

Vienna, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2011

Judged:

WAR CHEVY POWER!!!!
Wang

Fairmont, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 21, 2011

Judged:

Whoyakidding wrote:
<quoted text>Not to worry, Old Fan. Your suggestion that Hendrick stepped it up(way, way up) for Stewart is about as good as anyone could put it. Hendrick isn't going to get the credit for being the car owner but all the other glory for being the engine and chassis builder will not hurt his business one iota. Secondly, even though I'm a Gordon, Johnson and Earnhardt fan, none of these guys had their act together this year to the point to be serious contenders for the title. Tony Stewart doesn't have any of the associated baggage like Gordon and Johnson does(wives and kids. When luck came to Tony and he won those first two races of the chase, Smoke got fired up and stayed fired up. Here's to you
Slick Johnson, you made the last race of the year the greatest chase ever run and made my day spoiling Cousin Carl's day.
Hohoho, whoya, you so funny. It rong time since Dare Jl. have act togethel. His onry act is imitate Siegflied and Roy with Michaer Wartlip.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jimmie Johnson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Will Dale Earnhardt Jr. Finally Contend for a N... (Jan '14) Aug 25 Jr IQ 88 232
Why did Dale Earnhardt, Jr. switch to Hendrick ... (Mar '10) Aug 21 Uncle John Duckett 83
LeBron James wins AP Male Athlete of the Year (Dec '13) Jul '14 dfsg 8
Obama honors NASCAR's Johnson for 6th Sprint Cup Jun '14 goob 1
Chad Knaus: At Peace with Himself, NASCAR and a... Jun '14 Norman Storer 1
The number 17 DeWalt race car driven by Wiscons... May '14 Lola24 2
Are Tony Stewart's Days as a Contender Over? May '14 flatt 13
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Jimmie Johnson People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••