C-Post Fines, Suspensions, Points

C-Post Fines, Suspensions, Points

Posted in the Jimmie Johnson Forum

Since: Dec 09

Syracuse, NY

#1 Feb 29, 2012
Chad the cheater should get the boot from Hendrick. After last year, It clearly shows that the marriage between Chad and Jimmy has gone stale. Funny how all the other crew chiefs got to play musical chairs, except for Chad. They all seem to try and get some sort of advantage to get the winning edge but Chad has quite a "RAP SHEET" with cheating. Now Jimmie heads to Phoenix 23 points in the hole and with the current points system, it may take a few races to put him back in the plus column . Added pressure will be on Jimmie to win races just to get the team back into contention for a chase birth. Rick and Jeff really need to reevaluate Chad's future employment with the company. Perhaps Grubb should have been Jimmies Crew Chief for the 2012 season. Put Chad with someone like Kurt Busch. 5 times is great but his greatness seems to be in the past.

“smokes~ mojo”

Since: Dec 06

kepin' the ears on the big dog

#2 Mar 13, 2012
They need to go back and see how long the c-post have changed from photos of the cars. Chad an Jimmie need to give back all that was gained trophies and money and the team needs to sit for 6 weeks. That way cheating chad can not be texting IM or any electronics so he can not be apart of anything that goes on with the team doings. chad and Jimmie can pay lost wages and fines. Any gains from races and or championships can go to the NASCAR Foundation. This will put integrity back in the sport. Fans need to know this is not "WWE Nascar" But a sport with some integrity.

Syracuse, NY

#3 Mar 13, 2012
I am glad the decision stuck. The fact that it was blatantly obvious to John Darby saw the flaw even before the car hit the template is something to be said by itself. NASCAR has spent millions on R&D and making templates so that each car is for the most part equal. Trying to circumvent the template on the shell of the car is a huge slap in the face to NASCAR and everyone involved in making the template system what it is. Mark my words, Chad and Jimmy are finished. Also mark my words as we will see their relationship as driver/crew chief and friendship unravel to an embarrassing divorce that will add to the NASCAR drama in 2012. Jimmy has started to show signs of the breakdown at the end of the 2011 season and with this new chapter, it will only make things worse. I also wonder what kind of adverse business affect this will have on Rick and his auto dealerships and other business ventures? Chad needs to be released from the employ of HMS and sent packing. As the crew chief it's ultimately his responsibility how the car is presented to inspectors.

“smokes~ mojo”

#4 Mar 14, 2012
NASCAR needs to get it together and give this sport some integrity.

1. write a rule book with ALL the rules and regulations in it along with clearly defined punishment for each violation of said rules and regulations.
2. Include pictures-illustrations if necessary.
3. Enforce the rules unilaterally( that means every team and driver serves the same penalty for the same crime). You do the crime you do the time.(with the punishment clearly defined they know what they are looking at before they break the rules)(risk vs reward)
4.Do not be afraid to sit teams let the driver /owner/crew chief/car chief pay the salaries for those employees impacted by the big three's or fours decisions.For the length of time they sit.
5. Do not be afraid to put and ***astric*** in the record book for that team .
6. Humiliation is a good thing..If you make it painful enough they will not do it again.
7. Get your balls out of the whom ever's purse and get some integrity back in this sport and it's championship.
8. grey area is the same for all. It does not matter who you are or who your sponsor is...

Syracuse, NY

#5 Mar 14, 2012
It's not Chad's first time in the principals office. Unapproved fenders, window mounts, Radio comments to crush the back of the car if he wins a race, etc.

There is integrity within the sport. The templates were made just for such reasons. Each car must go to the R&D center to get certified, The inspection process at the tracks. NASCAR spends millions to make the car bodies equal. When you do a modification that is obvious to the eye, you are bound to get some attention. Chad is well known for his creative way's trying to massage the car body for aerodynamic advantage. If this was acceptable, there would not be templates.

I hope his penalty sticks and I also hope Rick Hendrick drops him from the payroll. Chad's best days in NASCAR are behind him.

“smokes~ mojo”

#6 Mar 14, 2012
yes they are penalizing him now because when the window mounts came to light and those penalties happened ..he was shown all the things that he could not mess with on the car. So there would be no "I did not know I could not do this" BS... that is why they are sticking to their guns with this one . He was specifically told he can not mess with this part of the car. Playing stupid just doesn't fly. It might with the under educated but nascar doesnt forget *wink *wink

Syracuse, NY

#7 Mar 14, 2012
Not to mention that we are going to race week 4 already and there are so many drivers not being in the news because all we have heard since Daytona is the "Bad Chad" crapola. If next tuesday comes and goes and the charges still stick, I have a very good gut feeling if Rick doesn't fire Chad, it will cause his business and partnerships to be in jeopardy. LOWES should demand Chad be replaced or stop sponsoring the #48.
debrobeaudean

United States

#8 Mar 20, 2012
these FRAUDs get away with cheating.. they single handedly ruined the sport for 5 years and they get away with CHEATING yet again... I wonder how much this cost Rick Hendrick???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jimmie Johnson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Harvick's only shove this time at Texas comes o... Apr '15 tom wingo 6
News Is NASCAR entering fight era? Intensity plus ag... (Feb '15) Feb '15 MrTinkerTrain24 1
News Will Dale Earnhardt Jr. Finally Contend for a N... (Jan '14) Aug '14 Jr IQ 88 232
News Why did Dale Earnhardt, Jr. switch to Hendrick ... (Mar '10) Aug '14 Uncle John Duckett 83
News LeBron James wins AP Male Athlete of the Year (Dec '13) Jul '14 dfsg 8
News Obama honors NASCAR's Johnson for 6th Sprint Cup (Jun '14) Jun '14 goob 1
News Chad Knaus: At Peace with Himself, NASCAR and a... (Jun '14) Jun '14 Norman Storer 1
More from around the web