Six-race suspension of crew chief Knaus overturned

Mar 20, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: ChannelOne

NASCAR's chief appellate officer overturned on Tuesday the bulk of the penalties levied against five-time championship winning crew chief Chad Knaus, who still must pay a $100,000 fine because Jimmie Johnson's car failed the opening day inspection of the Daytona 500.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 12 of12
Barr

Temperance, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2012

Judged:

NASCAR just doesn't seem to get it. Stands are practically empty and they keep doing the same old crap all the time. It's nice that Middlebrook and Hendick are buddies from way back. If they threw out the points deduct and 6 race suspension why the $100,000 fine? They either cheated or they didn't. I guess they wanted to sort of slap Knaus's had but not punish the golden boy.
big 3

Shipshewana, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 20, 2012

Judged:

they all cheat 48 just got busted plus nascargot some money
WWE CRASHCAR 2012

Florham Park, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2012

Get rid of the COT!

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2012

big 3 wrote:
they all cheat 48 just got busted plus nascargot some money
Doesn't all penalty dollars go to charity? If so Rick Hendrick could pay the 100 grand for Chad and get a nice tax break......
big 3

Shipshewana, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2012

i think so good point
WWE CRASHCAR 2012

Florham Park, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2012

Judged:

It's just more BS out od NASCAR. NASCAR's chief appellate officer, LOL! Basically the guy is just a Helton and France's lackey.
big 3

Shipshewana, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2012

its ran just like are grovment most say an do as they are told
Barr

Temperance, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2012

Judged:

I can almost bet Middlebrook didn't do this on his one. If NASCAR thinks they are doing the right thing they need to take another look at the stands on race days. N-Wide use to be about as popular as the Cup but it is about where the trucks were a couple of years ago. I think ARCA probably draws more than the trucks now.

“smokes~ mojo”

Since: Dec 06

kepin' the ears on the big dog

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 21, 2012

Judged:

hatchet wrote:
<quoted text>Doesn't all penalty dollars go to charity? If so Rick Hendrick could pay the 100 grand for Chad and get a nice tax break......
yep and by comparison of winnings from cheating vs the fine it is chump pocket change and a tax deduction to boot
myohmy

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2012

Judged:

yep. made him some quick cash under the table. do not need to report it on taxes. oh good ole boy Hendrick sure puts on a good ethical face. Yeah right!!!!!!!!!! and NO bottom lip Knaus, will continue to cheat.
ThomasA

Gadsden, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 22, 2012

Wonder if NASCAR is planning a series for the "VOLT"? Hummmmmmm, Pit stops with slide in battery changes. Ray O Vac and Duracell could get behind it. It couldn't be any more boring than restrictor plate racing with the cookie cutter cars out there.
big 3

Shipshewana, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 23, 2012

hamlin won the pole hope he didnt cheat

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 12 of12
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••