Stewart wins at Martinsville; closes in on Edwards

Oct 30, 2011 Full story: Deseret News 15

Tony Stewart passed Jimmie Johnson on a restart with three laps to go Sunday and surged into contention for his third NASCAR Sprint Cup championship with three races left.

Full Story
Hello

United States

#1 Oct 30, 2011
what a race! loved it!. it was great to see Smoke in Victory Circle. soooooo glad JJ nor Edwards won. yipee. the next 3 races should be exciting. what the heck was wrong with Vickiers? he has no ride for next year & driving this way he will not have a new ride. He sure did not make nor keep many friends today.

“I am the Illuminati :):) ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#2 Oct 30, 2011
This could be interesting !!
jim_utter Jim Utter
full of surprises! RT @MartySmithESPN: NASCAR selects the 14 and the ...wait for it... the 48.. to take back to the R&D Center.
Carolyn

Erie, PA

#3 Oct 30, 2011
Manic depressive wrote:
This could be interesting !!
jim_utter Jim Utter
full of surprises! RT @MartySmithESPN: NASCAR selects the 14 and the ...wait for it... the 48.. to take back to the R&D Center.
I read where Nascar said they would be taking JJ's car to the R&D Center for the rest of the races. And, the winning car is always taken to the R&D Center, I think.
JRW

Glen Burnie, MD

#4 Oct 30, 2011
Congrats Tony ! Awesome race, you drove your butt off ! Loved it. This will be Tony's Chanpionship this yr... or so I am thinking it will ;)
Go Smoke !!

Location hidden

#5 Oct 30, 2011
Carolyn wrote:
<quoted text>I read where Nascar said they would be taking JJ's car to the R&D Center for the rest of the races. And, the winning car is always taken to the R&D Center, I think.
Yep & after the remark Chad made I can understand why they will be watched closely .

Location hidden

#6 Oct 30, 2011
OWeb-guy Dale: A post from Kim: THANK YOU to our wonderful friends and fans for wrapping your arms around us this week. It was a very difficult for the entire family. Kenny's dad passed away today at 1:47 p.m. He did not have a stroke. He was in congestive heart failure for the past few years and I think it finally got him. He passed peacefully. Please continue to pray for the family as they have some trying days ahead. RIP Russell! You will be missed.:(T;
Trinity

Grand Rapids, MI

#7 Oct 31, 2011
Get in line punk, i'll get to you soon , i promise.
debrobeaudean

Brooklyn, NY

#8 Oct 31, 2011
SMOKE ROCKS!!! they better NOT take a race from Martinsville.... and in fact,, I think this is PROOF they need to give Rockingham their race BACK!!!

Location hidden

#10 Oct 31, 2011
We this sucks :(
Should I be worried? Accuweather calls for 50 percent chance of rain Sunday in Texas.

Location hidden

#11 Oct 31, 2011
John
SmokinNews John
Tony Stewart and the Tony Stewart Racing drivers will be holding a web chat Thursday at 12:30. Details at ow.ly/7emAU
Carolyn

Erie, PA

#12 Oct 31, 2011
Manic depressive wrote:
We this sucks :(
Should I be worried? Accuweather calls for 50 percent chance of rain Sunday in Texas.
Guess if anyone needs rain such as Texas is to have a race there. Texas has gone so long without rain and now they're calling for rain? That stinks. Nothing we can do about it, but it still stinks.
How many times has it rained in Phoenix when they race there? Another place that doesn't get much rain until it's race time.
HAPPY HALLOWEEN

Mooresville, NC

#13 Oct 31, 2011
HAPPY HALLOWEEN everyone. Beware of ghosts, ghouls, witches, warlocks, werewolves, monsters, poltergeists, vampires, and most especially, BEWARE OF CLOWNS!!!!!!!

=O

Location hidden

#14 Nov 1, 2011
debrobeaudean wrote:
SMOKE ROCKS!!! they better NOT take a race from Martinsville.... and in fact,, I think this is PROOF they need to give Rockingham their race BACK!!!
FYI Direct is keeping all FOX networks.In case U haven't heard.
debrobeaudean

Gwynn Oak, MD

#15 Nov 1, 2011
Manic depressive wrote:
<quoted text>FYI Direct is keeping all FOX networks.In case U haven't heard.
thank you.. I have not heard and I am very happy that they LISTENED to their customers who I am sure were telling them,ike we did, that we would be finding another provider if they got rid of FOX.. YEAH!!I particularly need TO have SPPED for VL the next 2 races!!!!so I hope I still have it!!
debrobeaudean

Gwynn Oak, MD

#16 Nov 1, 2011
YEAH!! I DO!!! I just checked!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jimmie Johnson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Will Dale Earnhardt Jr. Finally Contend for a N... (Jan '14) Aug 25 Jr IQ 88 232
Why did Dale Earnhardt, Jr. switch to Hendrick ... (Mar '10) Aug 21 Uncle John Duckett 83
LeBron James wins AP Male Athlete of the Year (Dec '13) Jul '14 dfsg 8
Obama honors NASCAR's Johnson for 6th Sprint Cup Jun '14 goob 1
Chad Knaus: At Peace with Himself, NASCAR and a... Jun '14 Norman Storer 1
The number 17 DeWalt race car driven by Wiscons... May '14 Lola24 2
Are Tony Stewart's Days as a Contender Over? May '14 flatt 13
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Jimmie Johnson People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••