Johnson-Knaus conversation the talk of NASCAR

Oct 28, 2011 Full story: Marin Independent Journal

Jimmie Johnson says it's "crazy" to suggest his reputation has been tarnished after crew chief Chad Knaus' instructions to mess up the rear bumper if he won at Talladega last week.

Full Story
BArr

Temperance, MI

#1 Oct 28, 2011
remember the bouncy shocks Chadie used in Dover a few years back. Seemed like as the shocks worked they seemed to stay up putting more down force on the frontend. NASCAR officials let the car settle for an hour before they measured it and certified the win. Don't put anything past Knaus.
X Jr Fan

Cleveland, TN

#2 Oct 28, 2011
Why wasn't the other 42 crew chiefs worried that their cars wasn't going to pass inspection after bump drafting all day? Clint bowyers car passed post race inspection after 500 miles of bump drafting. No wonder JJ finished mid-pack, he didn't want to wreck his car.
BArr

Temperance, MI

#3 Oct 28, 2011
Ya think that is why Jr finished mid pack..
say what

Columbus, OH

#4 Oct 28, 2011
My oh My, what a tangled web Chad weaves, thinking no one would know. but it appears JJ was fully aware of it. Nascar needs to inspect Edwards car.
Hilton Head

Satellite Beach, FL

#5 Oct 29, 2011
BArr wrote:
Ya think that is why Jr finished mid pack..
Jr finished mid pack because that is the kind of driver he is.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jimmie Johnson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Will Dale Earnhardt Jr. Finally Contend for a N... (Jan '14) Aug '14 Jr IQ 88 232
Why did Dale Earnhardt, Jr. switch to Hendrick ... (Mar '10) Aug '14 Uncle John Duckett 83
LeBron James wins AP Male Athlete of the Year (Dec '13) Jul '14 dfsg 8
Obama honors NASCAR's Johnson for 6th Sprint Cup (Jun '14) Jun '14 goob 1
Chad Knaus: At Peace with Himself, NASCAR and a... (Jun '14) Jun '14 Norman Storer 1
The number 17 DeWalt race car driven by Wiscons... (May '14) May '14 Lola24 2
Are Tony Stewart's Days as a Contender Over? (May '14) May '14 flatt 13
More from around the web