NASCAR and the 50 Most Embarrassing Moments in the Sport's History

Mar 9, 2011 Full story: BleacherReport

NASCAR has a lot of history in its 63 years. Most of it has been a grand ride. There's been spectacular wins, amazing stories behind the wins and a colorful cast of characters from the sport's inception in 1948 to today.

Full Story
95 Thunderbird

Kitchener, Canada

#1 Mar 9, 2011
Taking wins away from Wendell Scott and giving them to Richard Petty is embarrassing.
WWE CRASHCAR 2011

Florham Park, NJ

#2 Mar 11, 2011
Fixing the 2001 Pepsi 400 for Jr, and the fraudulent win for Jr in the Daytona Nationwide race last season has to rank up there!
WWE CRASHCAR 2011

Florham Park, NJ

#3 Mar 11, 2011
I'm surprised no mention of Mikey Waltrip's multiple drunken escapades.

Since: Feb 11

United States

#4 Mar 11, 2011
There are some great stories in the top 50! Some are more embarrassing than others.

As a fan, the 2008 Brickyard 400 was as big of a disaster as the pot-hole at Daytona. Both happened to be circumstances beyond NASCAR's control, and perhaps that's what made it all the more frustrating to watch!

My NASCAR Blog- http://baseballcurt35.wordpress.com/2011/03/1...
95 Thunderbird

Kitchener, Canada

#5 Mar 13, 2011
Letting the flying aces ( asses ) put the left wheels back on the number 3 during a caution at Charlotte 21 years ago. Major pit violation. OOps it's ok, Earnhardt was driving and he sells tickets.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jimmie Johnson Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Will Dale Earnhardt Jr. Finally Contend for a N... (Jan '14) Aug '14 Jr IQ 88 232
Why did Dale Earnhardt, Jr. switch to Hendrick ... (Mar '10) Aug '14 Uncle John Duckett 83
LeBron James wins AP Male Athlete of the Year (Dec '13) Jul '14 dfsg 8
Obama honors NASCAR's Johnson for 6th Sprint Cup (Jun '14) Jun '14 goob 1
Chad Knaus: At Peace with Himself, NASCAR and a... (Jun '14) Jun '14 Norman Storer 1
The number 17 DeWalt race car driven by Wiscons... (May '14) May '14 Lola24 2
Are Tony Stewart's Days as a Contender Over? (May '14) May '14 flatt 13
More from around the web