Mayfield to RCR Rumor?
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Bill

Saint Paul, MN

#1 Jun 18, 2007
According to someone in the know, there is a good chance Jeremy Mayfield will driving for Richard Childress next season in the #30 car. Childress has always liked Mayfield and thinks he can do for him what he has done for Jeff Burton. My source, who I know from working at a newspaper and works closely with BDR in the Truck Series, said talks have been going back and forth. Mayfield, who basically has no sponsor and has been left hanging by BDR as it focuses all its attention on Dave Blaney and the CAT sponsor. Childress would rather have a stable driver such as Mayfield, instead of wild one Kyle Busch. If something should happen, it can't be announced until after the season because of Mayfield's contract.
Charlie

AOL

#2 Jun 19, 2007
Don't know if the rumors are true or not but I just read this week's entry list for Sonoma,
( NASCAR.COM )The 36 car's driver is listed as TBA, there is no sponsor either.

JERAMY YOU DESERVE MUCH BETTER THAN YOU HAVE BEEN TREATED THIS PAST 1 AND 1/2 YEARS.

Since: Jun 07

Ashland, KY

#3 Jun 23, 2007
Bill wrote:
According to someone in the know, there is a good chance Jeremy Mayfield will driving for Richard Childress next season in the #30 car. Childress has always liked Mayfield and thinks he can do for him what he has done for Jeff Burton. My source, who I know from working at a newspaper and works closely with BDR in the Truck Series, said talks have been going back and forth. Mayfield, who basically has no sponsor and has been left hanging by BDR as it focuses all its attention on Dave Blaney and the CAT sponsor. Childress would rather have a stable driver such as Mayfield, instead of wild one Kyle Busch. If something should happen, it can't be announced until after the season because of Mayfield's contract.
i really hope this happens.i went to high school with jeremy,and we are friends.not close friends,but close enough where i talk to him sometimes when he comes home.would like to see what he could do.when not playing second fiddle in an organization.(which he has always done)personally,i think he his too curtious as a driver.he should be a little more aggressive.back when he was with penske.he was really aggressive.and done well.thats just my opinion.i wish him success where-ever he goes.i will always be a fan.GOOD LUCK JEREMY!!
HIDENRITE!!!
JOHNNYROCK NEW YORK CITY

Paterson, NJ

#4 Jun 23, 2007
An Open Post To Jeremy Himself, This short note is written to explain why i have been losing interest in watching NASCAR Cup racing. Things that were too my liking have either changed or are totally gone. Each week, I look for your name on starting grid. This year I've watched 3 cup races. I'm bored, i watch for the same reason other fans watch, to root for their favorite driver. Jeremy if you are not racing, there is very little reason for me to watch, even more after NBC takes over. To me you are a driver from the old school. Exciting to watch race with true grit, to coin a phrase. I enjoy watching you race the same reason i enjoyed watching Lenny Dykstra play baseball and Jim McMahon play football.
Jeremy i hope you get a decent ride soon, I'll still watch some Nascar Cup{Think I'll call it MESCAR for instead} for Junior, Martin Truex and Kevin Harvick. I'll watch some Busch races for Johnny Benson.
But, Jeremy, without you in the starting grid, MESCAR Cup racing leaves me Cold.
Sincerly Johnny Rock
Jeremy Mayfield

Sun City, CA

#5 Aug 23, 2007
Mayfield to Richard Childress Racing,yes,it was discussed mayfield to childress in #33 or #31 or #30 car.

THE contract will be signed this week
CARTOONY

Sun City, CA

#6 Aug 24, 2007
I No Everyone wants to no where mayfields gonna go.Richard Childress is close to getting mayfield next year.i wouldnt be surprised if he go's to the #78 car.
IRISH FAN

United States

#7 Aug 24, 2007
If Jeremy Mayfield gets a chance to drive with RCR it would make racing fun to watch again for all Mayfield fans.The races he makes now under BDR are a joke,he is not competative by any means,and he usually falls to the back in the first half of the race. If he lands that ride with RCR he knows well this is his last chance in NASCAR,as well as his last chance to prove to his doubters he can still win. If JM gets a ride with RCR I will celebrate with Tequilla,beer,chicken wings,and a cheap hooker.
david

Quincy, IL

#8 Aug 24, 2007
33 and 30 Do they have any owner points If not he is in the same boat again I know he has a way better chance there then with BDR trying to get in on points but he will still have to qualify on time I do hope he goes there GOOD LUCK Jeremy
IRISH FAN

United States

#9 Aug 24, 2007
david wrote:
33 and 30 Do they have any owner points If not he is in the same boat again I know he has a way better chance there then with BDR trying to get in on points but he will still have to qualify on time I do hope he goes there GOOD LUCK Jeremy
I noticed you are from Elkhart,IN.,I am from Osceola,IN. its great to know I am not the only one who cheers for Jeremy within a 100 mile radius.
Michael

Vine Grove, KY

#10 Aug 25, 2007
RCR maybe the one Jermey need. They seem to treat all drivers the same not focusing on one driver or taking crew cheif\driver that prove they work good together apart. Jermey has proven he can run with the big dogs when he is given the the equipment and team that will support him. They need to work together. Good lucky Jermey
Jermey Mayfield fan all the way
Jeremy mayfield

Sun City, CA

#11 Aug 27, 2007
im going to go to the 78 car in 08.i will not go to rcr in 08. i will have wonka as my sponcer. i no who is better than me.
Jeremy mayfield

Sun City, CA

#12 Aug 27, 2007
hi
john W

Ypsilanti, MI

#13 Aug 27, 2007
Bill wrote:
I think that rcr and jeremy would would be a great match. And jeremy would be a gret addition to the rcr team. I hope jeremy becomes part of the team, and he will be on a verry good team at last.
mayfield in mayfield ky

Burnside, KY

#14 Aug 29, 2007
I just want an established team with the intent of giving Jeremy what he needs to compete race after race and have the confidence in him that makes him feel wanted so that when he gets the job done he gets tv time and not who the press thinks needs to be approached to keep ratings. I thought racing was racing and prove what you can do whether your fan base is documented in sales. If it's about the fans, give Jeremy the chance to prove that he has fans as well as any other popular driver. Maybe he knows now what he has to work for and I know he hasn't forgotten how to do it! KEEP THE FAITH JEREMY! WE STILL LOVE YOU!
Scott

Georgetown, TX

#15 Aug 31, 2007
Jeremy
I seen you from the start or your racing carrier, an all I have to say is the move to RCR would show the racing community that you are a worthily racer. Rusty Wallace even said that you where a great team meat and after you left he know you where done wrong. The problem with Rayís team is he was falling in love and he let the hart come first not the business. The move to BDR was ok; I just thought that they would have given more, then to others. Some teams are fare and some are not. Where ever you end up I will always be your fan.
chuck

Adel, GA

#16 Oct 5, 2007
I hope he ends up at rcr.but dont except nothing less,he is better than most.
williamsy4

AOL

#17 Oct 6, 2007
I am also from Owensboro (like Jeremy) and would LOVE to see him with rcr. I think that would be the best place for him. Hes already proven himself being in the top 10 two years in a row and with a good crew, owner and car he can do it again!...GO JEREMY!!!!!
Tommy-Hillsborou gh CA

Albany, CA

#18 Oct 6, 2007
stopped watching NASCAR b/c of Mayfield's lousy car and lack of appearances. I know he's one of the top 10 drivers in the sport. You don't make the top 10 two years in a row and then forget how to drive. Having said that when Jeremy does get on a good team he must give 100%. Even if you are losing or things don't start off with a bang, show up and give the team the feeling that you are a professional and not a rock star that shows up the day of the show. You have lost a huge amount of fans. It's the fickle nature of American sports fans. They are with you while you're winning and gone when you arenít. I picked you from the first race I attended and never got off the Mayfield train. You are young enough to get somewhere and leave a legacy to be proud of, but as of now you haven't created that. Good luck my Man! Show the talking heads what you are all about.
Roger Mayfield

AOL

#19 Nov 13, 2007
Jeremy's problem is his Wife trying to control every aspect of his career. He had a good ride with Everham, and she couldn't keep her fat mouth shut, (Groupie) I don't know what Jeremy was thinking. Christine was a much nicer woman and the entire family agrees. Jeremy's career is over as long as Shana is in the picture.
IRISH FAN

Ashburn, VA

#20 Nov 14, 2007
Blaming his wife? I dont know about that.She may be a loud mouth but she does not have anything to do with the car on race day.Maybe she gives good XXXX.Thank God this year is almost over. Oh thats what I said last year.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jeremy Mayfield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former Sprint Cup star races at Carteret County... (Nov '15) Nov '15 Fart news 2
News It's time to settle Mayfield vs. NASCAR (Aug '09) Jan '15 Brittany 89
News Former NASCAR driver Jeremy Mayfield aims to br... (Dec '14) Jan '15 Lol 2
Jeremy Mayfield (Jun '12) Aug '14 bigj 10
News Jeremy Mayfield to share story during live inte... (Jun '14) Jul '14 wth 8
Next Race (Jul '14) Jul '14 Denver Dan Mayfield 1
News Former NASCAR driver Jeremy Mayfield tells his ... (May '14) Jun '14 Snow 12
More from around the web