Evernham says NASCAR needs Petty name in mix

There are 3 comments on the www.al.com story from Jan 11, 2009, titled Evernham says NASCAR needs Petty name in mix. In it, www.al.com reports that:

One of the biggest names in recent NASCAR history is stepping aside from a team he created.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at www.al.com.

Since: Oct 07

Rome, OH

#1 Jan 11, 2009
I will be a fan if the petty name is in there if not I wont be a fan.
WWE NASCAR

Newtown, CT

#2 Jan 11, 2009
Evernham says NASCAR needs Petty name in mix.

Why?
Whoyakidding

Cary, NC

#3 Jan 12, 2009
For the same reason George Gillette wanted the Petty name, identity. Probably more people in Gillettte's hometown know who Richard Petty is than they do George Gillette. The name connects to the sport a hell of a lot more than "GEM".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jennifer Cobb Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sporting Newsa 60 Most Beautiful People: No. 26... (Feb '09) Nov '14 Crystal from Surry 8
News NASCAR Brawl Ends with Jeff Gordon Bloody Lip, ... (Nov '14) Nov '14 Harry Horton 1
News Racing's Allisons heading to Lake Erie Speedway (Aug '14) Aug '14 racingfever 1
News Trevor Bayne ready to take step to title conten... (Jan '14) Feb '14 Haleys Commet 3
News NASCAR'S Dale Earnhardt Jr. fears replacing Ste... (Jan '14) Jan '14 poncho 1
News NASCAR suspends Aric Almirola's Crew Chief Todd... (Oct '13) Oct '13 Whoyakidding 3
News NASCAR Reveals New Rules & Regulations (Sep '13) Sep '13 WWE CRASHCAR 2013 1
More from around the web