Mayfield replacing Green in No. 66 Ch...

Mayfield replacing Green in No. 66 Chevrolet

There are 17 comments on the ESPN story from Oct 22, 2007, titled Mayfield replacing Green in No. 66 Chevrolet. In it, ESPN reports that:

Jeremy Mayfield will replace Jeff Green in the No. 66 Chevrolet beginning this weekend at Atlanta Motor Speedway, Haas/CNC Racing general manager Joe Custer confirmed Monday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at ESPN.

David

Quincy, IL

#1 Oct 22, 2007
This will be a perfect fit for both Mayfield and Riggs since the both got screwed over by Evernham

“JRW 88 Fan 4 Life!!”

Since: Jul 07

EARNHARDTVILLE

#2 Oct 22, 2007
David wrote:
This will be a perfect fit for both Mayfield and Riggs since the both got screwed over by Evernham
This is the best news i've heard today. AWESOME! Go Mayfield.. I'm so happy that you got a ride.
WAYNE

Rockville, MD

#3 Oct 22, 2007
This is what US Mayfield Fans have been waiting for. A FULL time ride with onwer points....

GO Jeremy
Barnsider

Rugby, UK

#4 Oct 22, 2007
Great news! Mayfield with a real opportunity to shine again. Good luck JM.

Since: Oct 07

For the Moment ....Annapolis,

#5 Oct 22, 2007
GO MAYFIELD.......

“GO Jeff! BOO Jimmie... & Tony ”

Since: Oct 06

Hamilton, Bermuda

#6 Oct 22, 2007
Well Haas /CNC is better than BDR and his current ride.

“JRW 88 Fan 4 Life!!”

Since: Jul 07

EARNHARDTVILLE

#7 Oct 22, 2007
WAYNE wrote:
This is what US Mayfield Fans have been waiting for. A FULL time ride with onwer points....
GO Jeremy
This will be great.Mayfield is great person . He deserves this. God knows Green couldn't do anything..jmo.. Happy for Mayfield,and his fans! Go Mayfield,..show em what you can do. Best to ya!!
David

Quincy, IL

#8 Oct 22, 2007
has to be a relief to practice for race set up then trying to make your car undriveable because you have to make it as fast as possible just to qualify
shacksford

AOL

#9 Oct 22, 2007
i knew jeremy had something in the works! looks like i can start watching nascar again.
PetArtist

Bremerton, WA

#10 Oct 22, 2007
This is such great news for Jeremy! Im so happy he finally has a driveable car now! He SO deserves this after being screwed over by Evernspam and BDR/360OTC. GO JEREMY!!!

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Since: Jun 07

Raleigh

#11 Oct 22, 2007
Jeremy has had some good rides and hasn't done very well with them. I think this is his last shot at a Cup ride and he really needs to do his best with it. No more public airing of the teams dirty laundry, just get it done. They are running HMS engines and chassis and Jeff Green has been fast in the car on occassions. Jeremy needs to get in the car and put the pedal down.
cldub

South Fulton, TN

#12 Oct 22, 2007
Jeremy is a quality driver, he made the chase 2 of the 4 years it has been around. He is a good driver. Better than that, he is a great guy who deserves a chance.

Since: Aug 07

AOL

#13 Oct 22, 2007
Not only Mayfield but JV will also be in a car. Definitely good news I hate to see Mayfield go home or struggle so much.
ctwarrenj

South Windsor, CT

#14 Oct 26, 2007
That's great for Jeremy - it's also nice to see Mike Skinner run again in NASCAR in the 36.
Snow

Indianapolis, IN

#16 Oct 26, 2007
ctwarrenj wrote:
That's great for Jeremy - it's also nice to see Mike Skinner run again in NASCAR in the 36.
I doubt if skinner runs very far in that car unless some big changes are made.He will not qualify .
Snow

Indianapolis, IN

#17 Oct 26, 2007
WT FCK wrote:
If he had kept his mouth shut he would still have a ride with Everham. Remember he was in the chase contention two years in a row then his last season his team couldn't work things out. Instead of trying to get his stuff back together he started to cry that Everham was spending all of the money on Kahne and Riggs. Then he really got in trouble when his fat azz wife started saying things about Everham and Erin Crocker. Remember? Remember? Hell it was only a year ago when all this came down. I can't believe you guys and gals don't remember this.
Jeremy is a good driver and will succeed again with the right team. This one looks better then the 360 OTC debacle.
The things were true so neither of them should have gotten in trouble.See what a year Ray has had to give up
part of his team and has not been much of a
contender at all this year.Queenie girlfriend lost all her sponsers and he can't beg borrow or steal her a ride so Karma hit him back..... I
still think Jeremy will be o.k. with his new ride.
David

Quincy, IL

#18 Oct 27, 2007
Evernham wasnt spending more money on Kahne and Riggs he built Kahne up so much and he was failing so in order to get his poster boy in the chase he gave him Jeremy's crew which was the crew that got him in the chase and gave Jeremy Kahne's crew that got him the same thing it got Kahne NOTHING I would be mad too I dont know if I would have done things the same as Jeremy but he did what he thought was right at the time I am sure he saw his mistakes and wont make them again

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jeff Green Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Man talks about missing Delphos woman (Oct '11) Oct '11 Robyn 1
News Robert 'Bootie' Barker to join Michael Waltrip ... (Nov '08) Oct '09 BigE 73
News Make no bones about it: Memphis wants Earnhardt... (Jan '09) Mar '09 AJlovesJR 18
News Everything old is new again at Stewart-Haas Rac... (Jan '09) Feb '09 ruttrosmokesmojo 15
News WorldBriefly (Dec '08) Dec '08 Sally 1
News Kentuckys born stock-car racers are fading (Jun '08) Jun '08 tombo 18
News Elliott out, Green in for Wood Brothers' No. 21... (Mar '08) Mar '08 SpdBmp 2
More from around the web