Robert 'Bootie' Barker to join Michael Waltrip Racing in 2009

Oct 2, 2008 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Scene Daily

Michael Waltrip Racing announced today that Robert "Bootie" Barker will become the new crew chief on the No.

Comments
21 - 40 of 73 Comments Last updated Oct 28, 2009
BigE

High Point, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Apr 18, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Mikey Waltrip is a never was and will be a never will, he needs to get back on stage and do his bafoon routine. Mikey has never been a threat to win since his days in the Bull Frog Knits Baby Grand and that was only because it was so superior to the other cars that even Mikey said he never learned how to drive in it because it was too easy to win in. Mikey has one strong team and attempting to remain as an active driver is very much of a negative for his company, NAPA must be happy with him because he is about the same speed as their delivery trucks.
NAPA, when are you going to allow Mikey to drive the truck?
ROFLMAO......!!!! That was some funny stuff right there.......TOTAL TRUTH TOO!

“KAIZEN!”

Since: Apr 07

Gambier , Oh.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
Apr 18, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

1

li55p wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Booty is a vastly superior cc compared to Bobby Kennedy (remember all the BK defenders last year??? Lmao, lmfao, lmffao). Yet Booty is just one man and he cannot work miracles with a never been driver on the decline)
For those buds who listen to the scanner does it bother you that POS talks to Booty with much more disrepect that he did with BK?
Start listening to the 55 scanner! It's nothing like the last 3 years, If anything Michael is showing Bootie more respect! Get real!
chrisco

North Richland Hills, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26
Apr 18, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

1

go mwr wrote:
<quoted text>Start listening to the 55 scanner! It's nothing like the last 3 years, If anything Michael is showing Bootie more respect! Get real!
I think its more personal directed at BB -

YOU really screwed this car up...
YOUR setup don't work.
Can't YOU just put in the other guy's setup...

With BK it was alot more WE and US

I may be wrong I don't listen religiously but I did listen two weeks ago in Texas at the track - practices, Nationwide especially. He seems edgier/harsher with Booty (when things are going badly of course).

“KAIZEN!”

Since: Apr 07

Gambier , Oh.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28
Apr 19, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

1

chrisco wrote:
<quoted text>
I think its more personal directed at BB -
YOU really screwed this car up...
YOUR setup don't work.
Can't YOU just put in the other guy's setup...
With BK it was alot more WE and US
I may be wrong I don't listen religiously but I did listen two weeks ago in Texas at the track - practices, Nationwide especially. He seems edgier/harsher with Booty (when things are going badly of course).
Nationwide series Crew chief is Jerry Baxter, Not Bootie!
chrisco

North Richland Hills, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29
Apr 19, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

1

go mwr wrote:
<quoted text>Nationwide series Crew chief is Jerry Baxter, Not Bootie!
You are correct. He was as bitchy and hateful towards Baxter as he was to Bootie in Texas. Maybe he was just having a bad weekend.
Voice of Reality

Petersburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31
Apr 19, 2009
 

Judged:

3

2

2

go mwr wrote:
<quoted text>Nationwide series Crew chief is Jerry Baxter, Not Bootie!
With all due respect, Michael Waltrip showed what a classless punk he is when he threw David Hyder under the bus over the illegal additive in MWR's first attempt at Daytona. Mikey got to Daytona and found that his cars were non competitive and most likely were not fast enough in qualifying or in the draft to make the show. Mikey got desperate and attempted to spray the Air Cleaner with an unapproved additive and got caught and blamed it on David. I have known David since his Robert Yates and driving days in the #8 Ford Late Model Stock Car, I would not say David is above the bending of the rules, however, he is also smart enough not to do something so elementary and stupid as what happened at Daytona. Mikey wants to come off as that loveable clown incapable of doing anything wrong, however, those who know or have known him know the truth. Even Buffy got wise to the fake "Goody Two Shoes" act.

Mikey had better wise up and understand that he is a great pitch man and as a driver, he is a great pitch man. I know you have heard the old saying "Shit Happens" well it has never been so true and it always seems to be around the #55. Mikey is the poster boy for the song, "I can't drive 55".
Dilllinger

Massapequa, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#34
Apr 19, 2009
 
It's too bad he ended up at MWR. He's seems too talented.
Queer boy

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#35
Apr 19, 2009
 
It's too bad I can't find my head in my azz.
Jack

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36
Apr 19, 2009
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Dilllinger wrote:
It's too bad he ended up at MWR. He's seems too talented.
Yeah too bad. Because of him and his 2 cronies, MWR will always be remembered for the 2007 Daytona fiasco. Yeah thanks David. You did notice that after Hyder was let go, there's been no cheating at MWR. Ummm, wonder why?

BTW, where is this talent now?
Congratulations

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#37
Apr 19, 2009
 

Judged:

1

Dilllinger wrote:
It's too bad he ended up at MWR. He's seems too talented.
you live no where today how fitting.
Voice of Reality

Petersburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#38
Apr 19, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Jack wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah too bad. Because of him and his 2 cronies, MWR will always be remembered for the 2007 Daytona fiasco. Yeah thanks David. You did notice that after Hyder was let go, there's been no cheating at MWR. Ummm, wonder why?
BTW, where is this talent now?
Well, Mr. Kass, the fact is that David Hyder is working for the Wood Brothers and people from Schrader, to Bill Elliott have stated how smart he is.

By the way, I did get your full name correct, Jack Kass.

MWR is a joke, they have one semi competitive car and Mikey does not drive it. It is ignorant to think that a paid employee would do something as obvious spraying an air cleaner with an additive and the "Owner not knowing" about the action. You must ask the question, who had the most to gain by the attempt at the illegal action, David or Mikey? By the way, Where is Buffy, did she meet a real man? There have always been rumors about Michael Waltrip being a lot like Mickey Mantle and switch hitting.

Mikey hired Booty because he knew that Booty was the only one who would "Sit Still" for his actions.
Dillinger

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#39
Apr 19, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I talk to myself call it the voices in my head
Jack

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#40
Apr 19, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, Mr. Kass, the fact is that David Hyder is working for the Wood Brothers and people from Schrader, to Bill Elliott have stated how smart he is.
By the way, I did get your full name correct, Jack Kass.
MWR is a joke, they have one semi competitive car and Mikey does not drive it. It is ignorant to think that a paid employee would do something as obvious spraying an air cleaner with an additive and the "Owner not knowing" about the action. You must ask the question, who had the most to gain by the attempt at the illegal action, David or Mikey? By the way, Where is Buffy, did she meet a real man? There have always been rumors about Michael Waltrip being a lot like Mickey Mantle and switch hitting.
Mikey hired Booty because he knew that Booty was the only one who would "Sit Still" for his actions.
Funny Shit!! Love the name. Did you come up with that all by yourself?

"MWR is a joke, they have one semi competitive car" - 9th in pts, uh okay. The Wood Brothers, 47th, with Mr Talented at the helm, ah okay.

As you Buffy, lets not get yourself into a tizzy, let's try to stay on the subject of the thread.

"Sit Still" - This just shows how classless you really are. Now you have something against the handicapped? I bet you voted for "The One" too, since he feels the same way.
Dillinger

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#42
Apr 19, 2009
 
BigE wrote:
<quoted text>
ROFLMAO......!!!! That was some funny stuff right there.......TOTAL TRUTH TOO!
I have not been here, BigE, so those posts are not mine from 3 hours ago. How are ya??
Dillinger

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#43
Apr 19, 2009
 
Congratulations wrote:
<quoted text>you live no where today how fitting.
Thanks, hon. Planets are all aligned now..whoo whoo!!
BigE

High Point, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#44
Apr 19, 2009
 
Dillinger wrote:
<quoted text>
I have not been here, BigE, so those posts are not mine from 3 hours ago. How are ya??
Hey Dill....doing fine here.....hope you are!

I noticed the 3 L's.....assumed that it wasn't you.
Voice of Reality

Petersburg, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#45
Apr 19, 2009
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Jack wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny Shit!! Love the name. Did you come up with that all by yourself?
"MWR is a joke, they have one semi competitive car" - 9th in pts, uh okay. The Wood Brothers, 47th, with Mr Talented at the helm, ah okay.
As you Buffy, lets not get yourself into a tizzy, let's try to stay on the subject of the thread.
"Sit Still" - This just shows how classless you really are. Now you have something against the handicapped? I bet you voted for "The One" too, since he feels the same way.
The name fits, ergo you love the truth.

Now, oh great one, do the Wood Brothers run a full schedule? My reference to Buffy is quite on topic because it shows how Mikey Poo runs everybody off.
My "Sit Still" is non attack levity, Bootie is in a chair, we all see Bootie in the chair, his nickname is predicated on the fact that he is always sitting on his Bootie, ergo, you are the ONLY sensitive one in the crowd. Why don't you join PETA and protest the steak dinner I am now eating?
BigE

High Point, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#46
Apr 19, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

1

I can see we have another person that isn't afraid to tell the TRUTH about POS and what kind of SCUMBAG he really is.

Someone once said that if you tell enough lies that one day you will forget the details of the lie......and time will find you out.

IMO... Time is bearing down on POS and his BSing Brother.

Truth is what it is.....the rest is all BS.
Jack

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#47
Apr 19, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Voice of Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
The name fits, ergo you love the truth.
Now, oh great one, do the Wood Brothers run a full schedule? My reference to Buffy is quite on topic because it shows how Mikey Poo runs everybody off.
My "Sit Still" is non attack levity, Bootie is in a chair, we all see Bootie in the chair, his nickname is predicated on the fact that he is always sitting on his Bootie, ergo, you are the ONLY sensitive one in the crowd. Why don't you join PETA and protest the steak dinner I am now eating?
You must belong to the "new word" of the month club. LOL

FYI, Bootie is very happy being Michael's CC and loves being at MWR, so I don't see him getting "run off" by Waltrip, anytime soon. I don't know anything about the Waltrip marriage nor do I care.

As for the Wood Brothers, I wish them the best but if Hyder was the talent you say he is, he should have had the 21 in the top 35, even with the selected races they've run.

And as for the "sit still" comment, we all know what you meant, so cut the BS.

Sincerely,
Jack Kass, the Great One!!!
Poopie

Tampa, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#50
Apr 19, 2009
 
"Bootie" is one of the best crew chiefs around and ya gotta love his new motorcycle.

> http://www.joe-ks.com/archives_may2006/1stHyb...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Jeff Green Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Man talks about missing Delphos woman (Oct '11) Oct '11 Robyn 1
Make no bones about it: Memphis wants Earnhardt... (Jan '09) Mar '09 AJlovesJR 18
Everything old is new again at Stewart-Haas Rac... (Jan '09) Feb '09 ruttrosmokesmojo 15
WorldBriefly (Dec '08) Dec '08 Sally 1
Kentuckys born stock-car racers are fading (Jun '08) Jun '08 tombo 18
Elliott out, Green in for Wood Brothers' No. 21... (Mar '08) Mar '08 SpdBmp 2
Dunleavy stays hot, scores 32 points in victory (Mar '08) Mar '08 Geoff 71

Search the Jeff Green Forum:
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••