Hendrick backs keeping Dale Jr. and L...

Hendrick backs keeping Dale Jr. and Lance McGrew together

There are 25 comments on the The Virginian-Pilot story from Sep 4, 2010, titled Hendrick backs keeping Dale Jr. and Lance McGrew together. In it, The Virginian-Pilot reports that:

Car owner Rick Hendrick talked about a variety of topics from sponsorship of Jeff Gordon's car to the future of the pairing of Dale Earnhardt Jr.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Virginian-Pilot.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Nov 09

Spring, TX

#1 Sep 4, 2010
Poor Lance. He was probably hoping to get fired and get away from the 88 shit-show.
overr88ted

AOL

#2 Sep 4, 2010
to bad i was hopeing they would get him a new crew chief so we can move on to hear that nation blame someone else for joooooonyer sucking ohh well guess it will be the same old for a bit feel sorry for lance though
FACT

Colorado Springs, CO

#3 Sep 4, 2010
Best part. Trust me if Jr had been making the chase every year we would only have 10 chase spots.

With Dale Jr. missing the Chase again and NASCAR looking at expanding the Chase from 12 to 15 or so, would Hendrick be in favor of that? Here's what he said about expanding the Chase:

"I have got kind of mixed feelings about expanding it to 15,'' Hendrick said. "If you expand it to 15, somebody will want to go 18. The 12 is fine with me. If 15 happens, it's OK, but that's not going to make or break any kind of sponsor deals in my opinion.''
95 Thunderbird

London, Canada

#5 Sep 4, 2010
Jr. Sucks!!!
You get over it

Katy, TX

#6 Sep 5, 2010
FACT wrote:
Best part. Trust me if Jr had been making the chase every year we would only have 10 chase spots.
With Dale Jr. missing the Chase again and NASCAR looking at expanding the Chase from 12 to 15 or so, would Hendrick be in favor of that? Here's what he said about expanding the Chase:
"I have got kind of mixed feelings about expanding it to 15,'' Hendrick said. "If you expand it to 15, somebody will want to go 18. The 12 is fine with me. If 15 happens, it's OK, but that's not going to make or break any kind of sponsor deals in my opinion.''
They keep expanding the number of drivers in the chase and Junior keeps missing it. Pretty soon they will expand the chase to include the whole field so Junior can't miss. Gee, ain't that the way it used to be...back in the day?

Why don't they just change "the chase" to one driver and make that driver Junior, every year? Then, no matter how pathetic Junior is he will be guaranteed a championship.

Jasper, TX

#7 Sep 5, 2010
You get over it wrote:
<quoted text>
They keep expanding the number of drivers in the chase and Junior keeps missing it. Pretty soon they will expand the chase to include the whole field so Junior can't miss. Gee, ain't that the way it used to be...back in the day?
Why don't they just change "the chase" to one driver and make that driver Junior, every year? Then, no matter how pathetic Junior is he will be guaranteed a championship.
Wait a second... am I missing something here? This is Jr's 3rd year with Hendrick, so he must be going for his 3rd Sprint Cup Championship... right? Or have I got it all wrong?
X Jr Fan

Cleveland, TN

#8 Sep 5, 2010
thats funny how Hendrick acts like he doesn't know where the problem is
You get over it

Katy, TX

#9 Sep 5, 2010
Hendrick is just trying to save face.

First, he traded Kyle Busch (who can win no matter what you got him driving) for Junior (who can't win to save his career and doesn't even try).

Then, in a futile attempt to get the pathetic Junior to victory lane he cut the legs out from under Mark Martin (who finished 2nd in the points last season) by giving some of Mark's team to Junior.

Now, Martin is struggling, Kyle is winning all kinds of races for another team and Junior still sucks. Hendrick has made some real bonehead decisions and still doesn't have the sense to cut his losses and dump Junior.
HiltonHead

Winter Park, FL

#10 Sep 5, 2010
Hendrick must get a percentage of junior's gear sales. As soon as the nation realizes there is nothing worth buying snd the sales dry up he'll be history.
acrim

Manhattan Beach, CA

#11 Sep 5, 2010
Too bar for Lance, but I'm glad that the cheap entertainment will continue for some time...LMAO!
TulsaCar

Jenks, OK

#13 Sep 5, 2010
Jr should retire while his, or his Dad's, name is still thought of at the top. If he doesnt want to race, then get out.
Booo Jooonyer

Mount Vernon, IN

#14 Sep 6, 2010
jooonyer has ruined the earnhardt name forever. The only hope for the 88 team is to give jooonyer's pilot directions to the wrong track every week, so they can put a better driver in the seat like Buckshot Jones, Jimmy Spencer or Chad Little, until jooonyers contract is up.
overr88ted

AOL

#15 Sep 6, 2010
the car wasnt even green last night i thought a green car was the problem by the way check out over88ted.com lots of good stuff

Indianapolis, IN

#16 Sep 6, 2010
82 races in a row. 82 GREAT races in a row. Why were they so great? The 88 wasn't in victory lane for any of them! To top it all off, the noise from Jr Nation has grown a little more quiet with each passing week. With any luck, this trend will continue until Jr Nation is nothing more than a memory, a sad footnote in NASCAR history.
annie

New Hope, VA

#17 Sep 6, 2010
JrNationMakesMeLaugh wrote:
82 races in a row. 82 GREAT races in a row. Why were they so great? The 88 wasn't in victory lane for any of them! To top it all off, the noise from Jr Nation has grown a little more quiet with each passing week. With any luck, this trend will continue until Jr Nation is nothing more than a memory, a sad footnote in NASCAR history.
Arn't you the brilliant orator and thinker about Dale Jr fans! It is ironic that you think Dale Jr fans will not continue to support Dale Jr! Are you such a messianic figure that can control Dale Jr fans I think not! Dale Jr fans will support Dale Jr win or lose! So just keep dreaming we are not going anywhere
warren

Renton, WA

#18 Sep 6, 2010
its a shame that jr career has come to this his carrer will be known more a cult figure than as a race car driver while kyle petty never reached his dads potential he accepted who he was and like michael are doing well as announcers his days are done when the other teams figured out the restricter plate races it was done for jr he cant win on mile half tracks fights with his crew chiefs never takes the blame for his own stupid mistakes if kyle bush were in that car instead of that wrangler wearing looser mr hendrix would be holding a championship up by now
Smoke2008

Bristol, CT

#19 Sep 6, 2010
I have never seen so many people who dislike someone on a message board dedicated to him. Nothing better to do?
Smoke2008

Bristol, CT

#20 Sep 6, 2010
warren wrote:
its a shame that jr career has come to this his carrer will be known more a cult figure than as a race car driver while kyle petty never reached his dads potential he accepted who he was and like michael are doing well as announcers his days are done when the other teams figured out the restricter plate races it was done for jr he cant win on mile half tracks fights with his crew chiefs never takes the blame for his own stupid mistakes if kyle bush were in that car instead of that wrangler wearing looser mr hendrix would be holding a championship up by now
Mr. Hendrick has enough Championship trophies to dangle from each finger, so don't you worry about him. KB got dumped from Hendrick because he's a dick and Junior was hired for no other reason but the money - Hendrick doesn't care if he wins or loses - which is all that matters in todays' NASCAR
warren

Renton, WA

#21 Sep 6, 2010
Smoke2008 wrote:
I have never seen so many people who dislike someone on a message board dedicated to him. Nothing better to do?
well its funny you responded to this article so that says alot about your life

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#22 Sep 6, 2010
Smoke2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr. Hendrick has enough Championship trophies to dangle from each finger, so don't you worry about him. KB got dumped from Hendrick because he's a dick and Junior was hired for no other reason but the money - Hendrick doesn't care if he wins or loses - which is all that matters in todays' NASCAR
You call KB All kinds of nasty names yet apparently forget Smoke acted the same way when he was 25. They grow up eventually.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jeff Gordon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NASCAR legend Jeff Gordon confronts Ryan Newman... Oct 4 Nas Phart 13
News Richard Petty drives 1967 Plymouth Belvedere be... Sep '17 Race phartse 2
News Kasey Kahne will not return to Hendrick Motorsp... Aug '17 It phartse 4
News Dale Earnhardt Jr. returns to TV booth for Clas... (Feb '17) Feb '17 BoothPhartas 4
I need your help (Sep '16) Sep '16 I need help 1
Needing information please (Jul '16) Jul '16 Nikki14 1
Nascar Races on DVD (Jan '16) Jan '16 Terry 1
More from around the web