Ruben Rosario: A little sparkle may v...

Ruben Rosario: A little sparkle may vanish from airport

There are 27 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Dec 26, 2009, titled Ruben Rosario: A little sparkle may vanish from airport. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

This text is replaced by the Flash movie. Royal Zeno Shoe Shine occupies just 220 of the 2.8 million square feet that make up the Twin Cities airport's main Lindbergh Terminal.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Bah Humbug

Minneapolis, MN

#1 Dec 27, 2009
"Who really gets a shoeshine anymore? "

Exactly.

I shine my own shoes.

Besides, people don't dress up to travel anymore. Stinky sweats, sandals with bare nasty dirty feet, stupid motorcycle jackets with the famous Milwaukee logo, and general lack of personal hygiene.
k nelson

Siren, WI

#2 Dec 27, 2009
where can you sign the petition?
this is a old story

Saint Paul, MN

#3 Dec 27, 2009
time to move on
a Real Fan

Plano, TX

#4 Dec 27, 2009
I go to Mexico to get my shoeshine.
felix

Saint Paul, MN

#5 Dec 27, 2009
why dont you help them rube--your always crying about someone
old veteran

Gautier, MS

#6 Dec 27, 2009
700 dollars rent to have a prime location when these shoe shiners are driving cadillacs. Kick em out.
Mr racist

Minneapolis, MN

#7 Dec 27, 2009
forcing an old black man to shine white peoples shoes for free for over forty years is a little much. its time to end this behavior
Bob St Paul

Minneapolis, MN

#8 Dec 27, 2009
"A little sparkle", there wasn't anything fresh or sparkly about that place. Good riddance!!!!!

“it takes a lot to laugh”

Since: Oct 09

St Paul

#9 Dec 27, 2009
Mr racist wrote:
forcing an old black man to shine white peoples shoes for free for over forty years is a little much. its time to end this behavior
About time the race card was played! Its business, the MAC has a spot that they can overcharge travelers for food or drink there, they are going use it.
obamanomics

Minneapolis, MN

#10 Dec 27, 2009
Bush's fault.
Sarah D

Saint Paul, MN

#11 Dec 27, 2009
Here are people paying their rent and working to make a living and you guys want them thrown into the streets where there are no jobs to be had and they'll probably have to go on welfare.

And then you'll insult them for being on welfare.
travrosty

Des Moines, IA

#13 Dec 27, 2009
people only care cuz this shoeshine boy is black, if he's white, then who cares? right? why does anti-white racism always rear its ugly head in stories like these. cuz rosario only picks out anti-white stories to tell.
Sarah D

Saint Paul, MN

#14 Dec 27, 2009
travrosty wrote:
people only care cuz this shoeshine boy is black, if he's white, then who cares? right? why does anti-white racism always rear its ugly head in stories like these. cuz rosario only picks out anti-white stories to tell.
You might retain a wee bit of credibility in your view if you stopped calling black men "boy".
Former MSP guy

Burnsville, MN

#15 Dec 27, 2009
Why don't they relocate to another area? 220 sq ft is nothing at that place. Move to one of the hallways on the gold or the green.
J Johnson

Great Falls, VA

#16 Dec 27, 2009
Interesting how Mr. Rosario doesn't investigate Mr. Zeno's background over the last 40 years.....investgations of illegal gambling, prostitution and not paying taxes in commonplace. How about the current IRS investigation? I would be interested to know the other side of the story.
old veteran

Gautier, MS

#18 Dec 27, 2009
If this business wants to really do the public proper then they should just move their proper to a place where weird black and hispanic people get their boots shined. Maybe Panama city in Panama.
jmoore

Minneapolis, MN

#19 Dec 27, 2009
I blame sheriff Fletcher
Something Non Partisan

Portland, OR

#20 Dec 27, 2009
>>>MAC is a public entity that naturally wants to maximize revenue to meet rising operating expenses while looking at ways to meet or take advantage of the shopping needs of the modern traveler. And face it: Who really gets a shoeshine anymore?

Most of the baggage-toting folks passing by Zeno's on Tuesday afternoon when I stopped by were wearing sneakers or fabric-looking footwear not amenable to a polish. In the summer, I suppose, there would be a sea of sandals and flip-flops. <<<

Hey Rosario. Report the NEWS. Who cares what YOU think?

If you want to write an editorial, move off the front page.

“Here I come to save the Day!”

Since: Jan 09

Gothem city

#21 Dec 27, 2009
Why does it seem like I have read this story several times over the past few years? Names may have changed but it is the most played out human interest story in the history of the rag it's written on.
Thank About It

Saint Paul, MN

#25 Dec 27, 2009
obamanomics wrote:
Bush's fault.
I work at the airport and used to have my shoes shined every Monday. Between Royal and a Latin woman on the E concourse, I kept them polished.(I started going to the woman when Zeno's grandson took the business over)

Well, thanks to the Bush economy and the CEO's that supported this creep, I make less money todat than I did 5 years ago and my price to live has risen dramatically in this BUSH economy.

So yeah, I gues is is Bush's fault. Poor shoe shine stands can't make it anymore because of the Bush Factor!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jeff Gordon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Needing information please Jul '16 Nikki14 1
Nascar Races on DVD (Jan '16) Jan '16 Terry 1
News Jeff Gordon is fueled by his desire to walk awa... (Nov '15) Nov '15 Fart news 12
News NASCAR tracks to fans: Leave Confederate flags ... (Jul '15) Aug '15 Fart news 16
News Harvick's only shove this time at Texas comes o... (Apr '15) Apr '15 tom wingo 6
News Unrelated celebrity twins (Jan '15) Jan '15 lola48 1
News Top 20 moments of 2014, #4: NASCAR's new Chase ... (Jan '15) Jan '15 WelbyMD 1
More from around the web