Stewart downplays 3rd team for next s...

Stewart downplays 3rd team for next season; Number-crunching Jeff Gordon style

There are 29 comments on the The Virginian-Pilot story from Jul 6, 2010, titled Stewart downplays 3rd team for next season; Number-crunching Jeff Gordon style. In it, The Virginian-Pilot reports that:

While there's always time to add a third team, car owner Tony Stewart is not confident it will happen for next season at Stewart-Haas Racing.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Virginian-Pilot.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

#1 Jul 7, 2010
Doesn't sound like Kasey will be at SHR next year...unless he brings a sponsor. I really hope Tony can find a replacement for Old Spice soon. He needs to have that taken care of and off his plate before the Chase starts.

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#2 Jul 7, 2010

Randy Pemberton tells us that Mark Martin will be at Red Bull next season and Kasey Kahne will drive the 5 car for Hendrick Motorsports

“How We Roll”

Since: Nov 08

Area 51, Nevada

#3 Jul 7, 2010
Jeff Gordon's stats...

more poles (68) than Marcos Ambrose has Cup starts (65)

more wins (82) than Regan Smith has Cup starts (77)

more top fives (272) than Kyle Busch has starts (204) or Carl Edwards (211)

more top 10s (371) than Kevin Harvick has starts (340).

more top 10 starts (376) than Kurt Busch has starts (346)

pretty gosh darn impressive
Trollersaurus

Charlotte, NC

#4 Jul 7, 2010
alpinedigital wrote:
Jeff Gordon's stats...
more poles (68) than Marcos Ambrose has Cup starts (65)
more wins (82) than Regan Smith has Cup starts (77)
more top fives (272) than Kyle Busch has starts (204) or Carl Edwards (211)
more top 10s (371) than Kevin Harvick has starts (340).
more top 10 starts (376) than Kurt Busch has starts (346)
pretty gosh darn impressive
Love him or hate him, but there's no doubt that he's one of the all-time greats. He's been looking rather pissed lately...like he just wants to kick someone's butt. I like that. lol
debrobeaudean

Elkridge, MD

#5 Jul 7, 2010
alpinedigital wrote:
Jeff Gordon's stats...
more poles (68) than Marcos Ambrose has Cup starts (65)
more wins (82) than Regan Smith has Cup starts (77)
more top fives (272) than Kyle Busch has starts (204) or Carl Edwards (211)
more top 10s (371) than Kevin Harvick has starts (340).
more top 10 starts (376) than Kurt Busch has starts (346)
pretty gosh darn impressive
not really when you leave out the stats for late race phantom debris cautions that let him duck in for tires and pass the dominant car all race long to win too many times... also,, the stat for getting caught cheating is missing as well...
debrobeaudean

Elkridge, MD

#6 Jul 7, 2010
Trollersaurus wrote:
<quoted text>
Love him or hate him, but there's no doubt that he's one of the all-time greats. He's been looking rather pissed lately...like he just wants to kick someone's butt. I like that. lol
he did cause all the wrecks at sonoma.....so... maybe he will take out jimboob... that would be sweet..he is driving in the manner that he used to drive... "I can get into you.. but don't dare get into me."... a big whiney baby
debrobeaudean

Elkridge, MD

#7 Jul 7, 2010
too bad about Old Spice but not surprising since Tony fans complain about the brand..
it is a pity because they have been with him for a long time... maybe bass pro shops neeeds to move over to REAL sportsmen, a believable hunter and fisherman like TONY!!!!!! or Ryan
Trollersaurus

Charlotte, NC

#8 Jul 7, 2010
debrobeaudean wrote:
too bad about Old Spice but not surprising since Tony fans complain about the brand..
it is a pity because they have been with him for a long time... maybe bass pro shops neeeds to move over to REAL sportsmen, a believable hunter and fisherman like TONY!!!!!! or Ryan
Now just cause Jamie Mac looks like an elf doesn't mean he don't hunt and fish. lol

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#9 Jul 7, 2010
I know no one on here cares . But it was just announced on twitter JJ is a dad!!
Trollersaurus

Charlotte, NC

#10 Jul 7, 2010
Congrats to Jimmie and Chandra. He should retire now, so he won't miss a moment. They grow up sooo fast.
debrobeaudean

Elkridge, MD

#11 Jul 7, 2010
NYSMILE_1969 wrote:
I know no one on here cares . But it was just announced on twitter JJ is a dad!!
rats... I was hoping he would have to miss a race

“How We Roll”

Since: Nov 08

Area 51, Nevada

#12 Jul 7, 2010
debrobeaudean wrote:
<quoted text>rats... I was hoping he would have to miss a race
Yeah the driver swap kinda makes for an interesting day lol
And I know his replacement driver was hoping!

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#13 Jul 7, 2010
debrobeaudean wrote:
too bad about Old Spice but not surprising since Tony fans complain about the brand..
it is a pity because they have been with him for a long time... maybe bass pro shops neeeds to move over to REAL sportsmen, a believable hunter and fisherman like TONY!!!!!! or Ryan
Dude you are just a dumb azz thinking you are a Nascar history book hahahahaeeeeee!!!
debrobeaudean

Elkridge, MD

#14 Jul 8, 2010
hatchet wrote:
<quoted text>Dude you are just a dumb azz thinking you are a Nascar history book hahahahaeeeeee!!!
actually I was at several races where Jeffro needed a phantom debris caution to catch MY driver.. Tony and so he got one and would win that way.. it sucked... then I was there when he would win and gosh darn it if he car wasn't too high or too low.. what do you know?? cheaters.. and those wins after getting caught CHEATING are not removed from his stats.
14fan

Elkview, WV

#15 Jul 8, 2010
I do think wins should be removed when someone is caught cheating. I remember when ole Ray had the largest fine that NASCAR had ever assessed to a crew chief.

“How We Roll”

Since: Nov 08

Area 51, Nevada

#16 Jul 8, 2010
Agree ^^ if a car doesnt clear post race, right? I haven't seen many positions changed for any reason, but I don't notice too many. I remember Tony forcing someone below the yellow line and I forget what position they stuck him with. And I remember Danica getting 6th when she crossed 5th...
debrobeaudean

Elkridge, MD

#17 Jul 8, 2010
alpinedigital wrote:
Agree ^^ if a car doesnt clear post race, right? I haven't seen many positions changed for any reason, but I don't notice too many. I remember Tony forcing someone below the yellow line and I forget what position they stuck him with. And I remember Danica getting 6th when she crossed 5th...
the rule at that track has ALWAYS BEEN no passing below the yellow line.. David Regan or regan smith,,, whichever regan it was should have let off his gas... unless he wanted to crash Tony out... rather than pass below the yellow line.. see he could have maintained second.. but he foolishly went below the SAME yellow line that has always been the out of bounds line every single time the series races there... just like DAYTONA!!!!!
oh,, you might be an HMS fan and think rules are fluid... depending on which HMS car needs a favor from the booth...

“Smokennnnn!!!!”

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#18 Jul 8, 2010
alpinedigital wrote:
Jeff Gordon's stats...
more poles (68) than Marcos Ambrose has Cup starts (65)
more wins (82) than Regan Smith has Cup starts (77)
more top fives (272) than Kyle Busch has starts (204) or Carl Edwards (211)
more top 10s (371) than Kevin Harvick has starts (340).
more top 10 starts (376) than Kurt Busch has starts (346)
pretty gosh darn impressive
I like Jeff (He the man)but in sports today it's not what you did it's what can you do N.O.W.

“How We Roll”

Since: Nov 08

Area 51, Nevada

#19 Jul 8, 2010
NY Nascar wrote:
<quoted text>I like Jeff (He the man)but in sports today it's not what you did it's what can you do N.O.W.
Well right now, Gordon is having a season where he's not won but is running strong. Last season, only 1 win, still got 3rd in points. Oh, look!! He's 2nd in points right now without the chase points adjustment. And... since Harvick has a season best of a mere 4th, only a dozen wins, half a dozen poles, give or take... We've seen Kyle get to the chase and slump, Carl give Jimmie a run in 08 and still has yet to recover from that.

See a pattern here?
Matt's '06 effort resulted in 2 next season, none in '08
Gordon's '07 effort resulted in hardly a win next season.
Carl's '08 effort, still no wins outta this guy.
Martin's '09 effort coming out pretty grim as well.

If this pattern continues, making a run at the championship against Johnson would practically reduce you to having past wins stricken from your records LOL HAHAHA

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#20 Jul 8, 2010
debrobeaudean wrote:
<quoted text>the rule at that track has ALWAYS BEEN no passing below the yellow line.. David Regan or regan smith,,, whichever regan it was should have let off his gas... unless he wanted to crash Tony out... rather than pass below the yellow line.. see he could have maintained second.. but he foolishly went below the SAME yellow line that has always been the out of bounds line every single time the series races there... just like DAYTONA!!!!!
oh,, you might be an HMS fan and think rules are fluid... depending on which HMS car needs a favor from the booth...
Joonyer is the HMS car that needs the most help. The 5, 24 and 48 pretty much light up the track. Joonyer is probably just lighting up a doobie LMMFAO!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jeff Gordon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Needing information please Jul '16 Nikki14 1
Nascar Races on DVD (Jan '16) Jan '16 Terry 1
News Jeff Gordon is fueled by his desire to walk awa... (Nov '15) Nov '15 Fart news 12
News NASCAR tracks to fans: Leave Confederate flags ... (Jul '15) Aug '15 Fart news 16
News Harvick's only shove this time at Texas comes o... (Apr '15) Apr '15 tom wingo 6
News Unrelated celebrity twins (Jan '15) Jan '15 lola48 1
News Top 20 moments of 2014, #4: NASCAR's new Chase ... (Jan '15) Jan '15 WelbyMD 1
More from around the web