Tom Bowles: Hendrick and Earnhardt Jr. unlikely to change their ways despite dismal season

There are 20 comments on the Sep 9, 2010, SI.com story titled Tom Bowles: Hendrick and Earnhardt Jr. unlikely to change their ways despite dismal season. In it, SI.com reports that:

On one end of the Hendrick garage sits the sport's corporate king, Jimmie Johnson , polished and prepped to go for a fifth straight championship when the checkered flag falls at Richmond Saturday night.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at SI.com.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
NASCAR Guy

Pagosa Springs, CO

#1 Sep 9, 2010
Good article! We all know that there is only one change that will get 88's dismal results turned around -- and that is the driver. All other changes will have minimal impact.
NASCAR Guy

Pagosa Springs, CO

#2 Sep 9, 2010
This article should be required reading for Jr nation.
95 Thunderbird

Kitchener, Canada

#3 Sep 9, 2010
Perhaps JR. should step aside and let a real driver have a turn racing cars in the series.
95 Thunderbird

Kitchener, Canada

#4 Sep 9, 2010
racing the best cars ( Hendricks )

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#5 Sep 10, 2010
Dale jr only has a few years left anyway.

Since: Nov 07

Bensenville, IL

#6 Sep 10, 2010
If they are the "best cars" why isn't Mark Martin in the chase?

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#7 Sep 10, 2010
There are a few races that come to mind where mark was caught up in a wreck and DNF'd. Replace one of those races with a top 10 and mark is in the chase. Jr just ran piss poor all season. cant really say he had "bad luck" hes just not doing well.
Aranem wrote:
Elizabeth

Dunedin, FL

#8 Sep 10, 2010
Aranem wrote:
Did you read the article and comprehend what was said? Obviously not.
overr88ted

AOL

#9 Sep 10, 2010
Elizabeth wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you read the article and comprehend what was said? Obviously not.
face it jooooonyer nation will always find some way to make it everyone elses fault never joooonyers
random

Liverpool, NY

#10 Sep 10, 2010
overr88ted wrote:
<quoted text>
face it jooooonyer nation will always find some way to make it everyone elses fault never joooonyers
I thought you created your own website to post your insanity on. Or do I have confused with another psychotic that posts on here?
randumb

Houston, TX

#11 Sep 10, 2010
random wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought you created your own website to post your insanity on. Or do I have confused with another psychotic that posts on here?
Accusing others of insanity is one symptom of psychosis. You probably get quite a number of things confused on any given day.
You get over it

Katy, TX

#12 Sep 10, 2010
Aranem wrote:
Mark was in the chase last year, but in the off-season Hendrick gutted his garage team to save Junior's career. Didn't do a lick of good for Junior but it ruined Mark.

Shows how pathetic Junior is, NASCAR officials make tainted calls for him and bend/break the rules to benfifit him. Hendrick has given him new crew chiefs and team members. They have bent over backwards to save Junior but he just keeps running midpack. What a loser.
Booo Joonyer

Mount Vernon, IN

#13 Sep 10, 2010
Aranem wrote:
Duhhhh. Marks team, was picked apart and all the best engineers, pit crew members and other personnel at HMS were ordered to work on the 88 team. Obvious results are that the 5 team was ruined, the 88 is still at the bottom of the barrel and the 24 and 48 aren't performing as well this year either. All to try to help the no talent S.O.B. behind the wheel of the 88 car. Amazing how one POS can wreck the performance of an entire organization. Go Joooonyer, you are the most bestest driver in the histery of the wurld and I will be at 'dega throwing my beer cans an ampzzez'z onto the track again in a few weeks. Wooo hooo jooonyer!!!

Since: Nov 09

Frankfort, KY

#15 Sep 10, 2010
Hurry Hurry Hurry! Get your limited edition JR-9th-Place-Qualifier-At-Rich mond die cast!! Only 200 million of these high quality, Made In China collectibles will be available... don't be the only one in the trailer park without one! Makes a great Thanksgiving centerpiece!
95 Thunderbird

Cambridge, Canada

#16 Sep 10, 2010
JrNationMakesMeLaugh wrote:
Hurry Hurry Hurry! Get your limited edition JR-9th-Place-Qualifier-At-Rich mond die cast!! Only 200 million of these high quality, Made In China collectibles will be available... don't be the only one in the trailer park without one! Makes a great Thanksgiving centerpiece!
Great Job!!! Problem is Jr. nation likely believes you.
Booo Jooonyer

Mount Vernon, IN

#17 Sep 11, 2010
JrNationMakesMeLaugh wrote:
Awesome! I just ordered mine and I got an extra one so I can throw in on the track at 'dega next month
You get over it

Katy, TX

#18 Sep 11, 2010
Wow! Qualified 9th but running 27th in practice. He's so great, ain't he?
annie

Harrisonburg, VA

#19 Sep 11, 2010
95 Thunderbird wrote:
<quoted text>
Great Job!!! Problem is Jr. nation likely believes you.
Dale Jr nation does not hav to believe anyone, they know what they want!
You get over it

Katy, TX

#20 Sep 11, 2010
annie wrote:
<quoted text>
Dale Jr nation does not hav to believe anyone, they know what they want!
Only problem is, Junior is too lazy to work at giving Jr Nation what they want.

But keep on wishful thinking...maybe someday your fantasy of Junior lifting a Cup championship trophy over his head...might come true. Or maybe not! Probably not!
annie

Harrisonburg, VA

#21 Sep 11, 2010
You get over it wrote:
<quoted text>
Only problem is, Junior is too lazy to work at giving Jr Nation what they want.
But keep on wishful thinking...maybe someday your fantasy of Junior lifting a Cup championship trophy over his head...might come true. Or maybe not! Probably not!
And just what makes you the expert on what Dale Jr fans want?
Dale Jr fans love Dale Jr win or lose. Dale Jr is still the man!
You will just have to live with that fact!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jeff Gordon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Harvick's only shove this time at Texas comes o... Apr 14 tom wingo 6
News Unrelated celebrity twins Jan '15 lola48 1
News Top 20 moments of 2014, #4: NASCAR's new Chase ... Jan '15 WelbyMD 1
News Tony Stewart silence heightens roar of criticism (Aug '14) Aug '14 Manic 2 38
News Will Dale Earnhardt Jr. Finally Contend for a N... (Jan '14) Aug '14 Jr IQ 88 232
News Why did Dale Earnhardt, Jr. switch to Hendrick ... (Mar '10) Aug '14 Uncle John Duckett 83
News Gordon celebrates 20th anniversary of 1st victory (May '14) Aug '14 Whoyakidding 6
More from around the web