Jeff Burton says it was his fault for a crash that drew the wrath -- and a punch -- from Jeff Gordon

An angry Jeff Gordon hit Jeff Burton with a hard two-handed push after Burton sent Gordon's car crashing into the outside wall during a caution period in Sunday's Texas 500. Full Story
Rufas

Denver, CO

#1 Nov 8, 2010
Jeff Burton will race hard and clean and take blame for his mistakes. As he did
in this matter. I put him in same class as Mark Martin, a true sportsman. We all do things in the heat of the moment. For Jeff Gordon to come out swinging is a poor way to do things. Just wait Jeff Gordon will take revenge on Jeff Burton. Mark my word.
Bob In Asheville

United States

#2 Nov 9, 2010
I'm a Jeff Gordon fan but this was a bit out of character for him. I think he's frustrated with the long dry spell (no wins in two years) and not much better luck in the chase as well. Hopefully this matter will end peacefully and won't be repeated.
Mrs Holmstrom

Rochester, MN

#3 Nov 9, 2010
Jeff Gordon is a crybaby, always has been. *rolls eyes*

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Since: Jun 07

Raleigh

#4 Nov 9, 2010
Jeff Gordon isn't a crybaby. Crybabies just whine about what happens to them, Jeff did something about what happened to him. Strange that Burton gets blinded by the sun when running under caution but can do just fine when running 180 mph. No, Burton was doing a little payback for something he thought Gordon had done to him and it backfired. The biggest mistake was the track workers getting involved. They should have let Gordon beat his ass.

Since: Jun 10

The Thunder Mansion

#5 Nov 9, 2010
Hoot-dang y'all
You get over it

Katy, TX

#6 Nov 9, 2010
Bob In Asheville wrote:
I'm a Jeff Gordon fan but this was a bit out of character for him. I think he's frustrated with the long dry spell (no wins in two years) and not much better luck in the chase as well. Hopefully this matter will end peacefully and won't be repeated.
Jeff Gordon has not gone two years with no win, he won the 2009 Samsung 500 in Texas.
X Jr Fan

Cleveland, TN

#7 Nov 9, 2010
Whoyakidding wrote:
Jeff Gordon isn't a crybaby. Crybabies just whine about what happens to them, Jeff did something about what happened to him. Strange that Burton gets blinded by the sun when running under caution but can do just fine when running 180 mph. No, Burton was doing a little payback for something he thought Gordon had done to him and it backfired. The biggest mistake was the track workers getting involved. They should have let Gordon beat his ass.
i agree.... i would liked to see how that would have turned out
name

San Francisco, CA

#8 Nov 9, 2010
What Burton did was obviously intentional and I am glad Gordon took a swipe at him.
Douglas Beckman

Hudson, FL

#9 Nov 9, 2010
My thoughts on this racing issue is that Jeff Burton,and Jeff Gordon need to sit down , and have a man to man talk with each other,yes Jeff Burton already has taken full 100% fault, but both of them need to patch up what has taken place as just a normal racing incident, if not and this issue isn't resolved can lead to another incident that could be a heck of a lot worse,when drivers are racing up to 200 miles per hour lap after lap can be very dangerous, because anyone who has been around stock car racing like i have, is aware that this can be a very dangerous, and someone could be badly hurt , or worse yet someones life can be taken away in a blink of a eye twitch.If the crowd is looking for a blood bath then they are at the wrong sport, they need to go to a bull fight.
You get over it

Katy, TX

#10 Nov 9, 2010
Douglas Beckman wrote:
My thoughts on this racing issue is that Jeff Burton,and Jeff Gordon need to sit down , and have a man to man talk with each other,yes Jeff Burton already has taken full 100% fault, but both of them need to patch up what has taken place as just a normal racing incident, if not and this issue isn't resolved can lead to another incident that could be a heck of a lot worse,when drivers are racing up to 200 miles per hour lap after lap can be very dangerous, because anyone who has been around stock car racing like i have, is aware that this can be a very dangerous, and someone could be badly hurt , or worse yet someones life can be taken away in a blink of a eye twitch.If the crowd is looking for a blood bath then they are at the wrong sport, they need to go to a bull fight.
I think it already is over. They "discussed" it and both of them said it was behind them. Both are class act drivers that are too smart to get involved in a tit-for-tat on the track at 200 miles per hour. Besides, both of them are Chase drivers focused on finishing the season with the most points they can get. In these last few races they will be after points, not each other.
acrim

Manhattan Beach, CA

#11 Nov 9, 2010
Burton (the sage of NA$CAR) is a wimp! He shouldn't have admitted to anything other than he wanted to punt Jiffy into the wall. Aren't any of these wimps real men? They should call this "sport" PU$$YCAR.
WWE CRASHCAR 2010

Florham Park, NJ

#12 Nov 9, 2010
acrim wrote:
Burton (the sage of NA$CAR) is a wimp! He shouldn't have admitted to anything other than he wanted to punt Jiffy into the wall. Aren't any of these wimps real men? They should call this "sport" PU$$YCAR.
A fight between those two would be like watching a feather weight cat fight; like Paris Hilton vs Lindsey Lohan.
acrim

Manhattan Beach, CA

#14 Nov 9, 2010
WWE CRASHCAR 2010 wrote:
<quoted text>
A fight between those two would be like watching a feather weight cat fight; like Paris Hilton vs Lindsey Lohan.
Amen! The PU$$YCAR 500!
dusty rods

Ford City, PA

#15 Nov 17, 2010
acrim wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen! The PU$$YCAR 500!
yea you hit nail on head jeff burtum was to scared to fight his boyfreid you seen they got in same wagon probally held hands

“IN GOD WE TRUST”

Since: Jun 07

Raleigh

#16 Nov 17, 2010
At some point down the road aways, when Jeff Burton lest expects it, Jeff will jack the back end of Burton's car up and drive him into the car. Pay back is more enjoyable when a jerk doesn't know when it's coming.
Hilton Head

United States

#17 Nov 18, 2010
dusty rods wrote:
<quoted text>yea you hit nail on head jeff burtum was to scared to fight his boyfreid you seen they got in same wagon probally held hands
Maybe they can go on a play date this week.
acrim

Manhattan Beach, CA

#18 Nov 18, 2010
A$$CAR is now officially called PU$$YCAR...or BORECAR, or maybe BOXCAR...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jeff Gordon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tony Stewart silence heightens roar of criticism Aug '14 Manic 2 39
Will Dale Earnhardt Jr. Finally Contend for a N... (Jan '14) Aug '14 Jr IQ 88 232
Why did Dale Earnhardt, Jr. switch to Hendrick ... (Mar '10) Aug '14 Uncle John Duckett 83
Gordon celebrates 20th anniversary of 1st victory (May '14) Aug '14 Whoyakidding 6
6 months Aug '14 patty van ulzen 1
The number 17 DeWalt race car driven by Wiscons... (May '14) May '14 Lola24 2
Without Tiger Woods, pro golf might as well be ... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Snow 12
More from around the web