Game night: Geeks Who Drink a fun alternative night out

Mike Sussman, left, rushes to Geeks Who Drink host Alan Riehl, with his answer to a bonus question in hand Tuesday at Dublin's Street Pub. Full Story
I know

Albuquerque, NM

#1 Jul 8, 2010
Seriously how does this get past the editor? "Geeks Who Drink is a national event in five states with more than 72 locations." How does that make it national?! It's a regional think.*shakes head*
wOw

AOL

#2 Jul 8, 2010
ok
Geekettenoticer

Pea Ridge, AR

#4 Jul 8, 2010
Mmmmm...I could put my Geek Shovel into the thinking pad of a couple of those Geekettes pictured. Mmmm...sign me up for triva, Baby!
Chandra

Las Cruces, NM

#5 Jul 8, 2010
Okay, "I know" if you're going to correct someone, please proof read your own post.

What is a "regional think?"
Dang

Albuquerque, NM

#6 Jul 8, 2010
I know wrote:
Seriously how does this get past the editor? "Geeks Who Drink is a national event in five states with more than 72 locations." How does that make it national?! It's a regional think.*shakes head*
I could be wrong (there's a first time for everything) but national doesn't necessarily mean it's in EVERY state. In this case, it simply means that it's in more than one. And regional would be more like the surrounding states (or area)... Texas, Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado, California, etc.
I know

Albuquerque, NM

#7 Jul 8, 2010
National means more than 5 states. And look at the states it operates in. It's regional. And to Chandra: I don't have an EDITOR! Would you like to be mine?
Anon

Las Cruces, NM

#9 Jul 9, 2010
Nerds are sexy!!!
Aggie Out East

Auburn, PA

#10 Jul 12, 2010
Folks, this game is merely a variation on the British-style pub quiz that's held nationwide, at least on the East Coast. Somehow the Irish-themed bars do it more than anyone else. Rarely if ever have I seen the pub quiz elsewhere, except on a cruise of the QE2. Great diversion for the trivia buff. I wouldn't label myself as a Nerd who Drinks to play though; I was merely a Male who helped the defeat the Female team on the ship a few years ago.
OvO

AOL

#11 Jul 12, 2010
one mo
Yadda

AOL

#12 Jul 13, 2010
okj

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jeff Gordon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tony Stewart silence heightens roar of criticism Aug 26 Manic 2 39
Will Dale Earnhardt Jr. Finally Contend for a N... (Jan '14) Aug 25 Jr IQ 88 232
Why did Dale Earnhardt, Jr. switch to Hendrick ... (Mar '10) Aug '14 Uncle John Duckett 83
Gordon celebrates 20th anniversary of 1st victory Aug '14 Whoyakidding 6
6 months Aug '14 patty van ulzen 1
The number 17 DeWalt race car driven by Wiscons... May '14 Lola24 2
Without Tiger Woods, pro golf might as well be ... Apr '14 Snow 12
•••
•••

Jeff Gordon People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••