Johnson tabbed driver of the decade

Johnson tabbed driver of the decade

There are 682 comments on the NASCAR Winston Cup Scene story from Sep 28, 2009, titled Johnson tabbed driver of the decade. In it, NASCAR Winston Cup Scene reports that:

In the most recent issue of Sporting News magazine, SN named seven athletes of the decade -- one in each sport it covers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NASCAR Winston Cup Scene.

First Prev
of 35
Next Last
Anita

Murfreesboro, TN

#1 Sep 30, 2009
This is exactly why Nascar has declined.

“"drive for five in'10"”

Since: Jan 07

Your the Man!

#2 Sep 30, 2009
Anita wrote:
This is exactly why Nascar has declined.
Little bitter there are we? haha

“"drive for five in'10"”

Your the Man!

#5 Sep 30, 2009
Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>you are right... I would like for the guys to have a single race each year where the equipment is 100% equal and Jimboob's lack of talent would SHINE through.. without the first pit stall, Jimboob is NOTHING!!
hahahaha. You just can't stand it can you? I love it.

“"drive for five in'10"”

Your the Man!

#6 Sep 30, 2009
Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>you are an example of America being dummied down.. and it is truly sad..
Oh a new phrase "dummied down"? Hmmm.. wonder where you got that from. Must be the voices in your head. haha
Anita

Murfreesboro, TN

#8 Sep 30, 2009
Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>you are right... I would like for the guys to have a single race each year where the equipment is 100% equal and Jimboob's lack of talent would SHINE through.. without the first pit stall, Jimboob is NOTHING!!
I would like to see Johnson race a full year without Chad Knaus around-if he still wins then so be it-he's talented and I can respect that. I just don't know about anybody who has a crew chef who has been suspended over and over again for cheating. Is it talent, or is it cheating. I would think that all of Johnson's fans would want that too-then it would shut up people like me who actually question the talent.
nodebi

AOL

#11 Sep 30, 2009
Nobama wrote:
Johnson ran circles around Tony last year and the year before! You are a bitter opinionated old hag!

“"drive for five in'10"”

Your the Man!

#15 Sep 30, 2009
OOOOOOO! Jealousy rears its ugly head. You people make me laugh. If its not your driver winning the uglieness comes out. Chad might set the cars up but its the guy on the track who has to bring it home. haha.
acrim

Manhattan Beach, CA

#18 Sep 30, 2009
the last decade in NA$CRAP is driven the "sport" into the ground. It couldn't be more boring and Johnson is a boring as they. LIstening to an interview with Johnson is like watching paint dry...which is about as exciting as watching another boring race.

Since: Dec 06

Minneapolis, MN

#26 Sep 30, 2009
DABs really loves Jimmie. She has a cut out of him in her bed. She has 48's all over her house. But we aren't suppose to know that.

“"drive for five in'10"”

Your the Man!

#27 Sep 30, 2009
Teacher14fan wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a funny one! You never fail to make me laugh. The best excuse you come up with is jealousy! Knaus earned his reputation for cheating and had to pay the consequences. Funny how once he got his hands slapped and realized they meant business he's been a good boy.
Johnson is nothing without Knaus. Put Knaus with any driver and he can make them champ. But poor ole Jimmie can't be champ without him.
And how do you know Jimmie can't win without Chad? When Chad was suspended Jimmie won with Darian Grubb. Sooo if you can't back up your statement it would be better to keep your mouth shut.

“"drive for five in'10"”

Your the Man!

#28 Sep 30, 2009
Amy W wrote:
DABs really loves Jimmie. She has a cut out of him in her bed. She has 48's all over her house. But we aren't suppose to know that.
Bet she wers 48 boxers too. ha

“Smoke Fan Forever!!!”

Since: Sep 07

Look to the Western Sky!!!!

#29 Sep 30, 2009
jimmy48 wrote:
OOOOOOO! Jealousy rears its ugly head. You people make me laugh. If its not your driver winning the uglieness comes out. Chad might set the cars up but its the guy on the track who has to bring it home. haha.
Well you know that's not necessarily true. You could have the bestest dude in the world driving that car, but if the crew makes a wrong adjustment or a bad one he can't bring it home. Talent is only part of it.

I'm glad he won a championship where Chad wasn't suspended. My belief has always been that Jimmie's good enough to win without pushing the envelop. He doesn't need that. Let his talent shine through.

Now, him going for a fourth in a row, I'm not sure if that's the reason people aren't watching, but if it is, then I guess they don't like superior performance.

Chad is good at his job too, it's something I've noticed Darian picked up from him. He's a closer. He gets that car right when it matters. Darian does the same.

Personally I want Tony to win the championship and I think Jimmie and Mark really are the biggest competition he has.

Minneapolis, MN

#30 Sep 30, 2009
jimmy48 wrote:
<quoted text>Bet she wers 48 boxers too. ha
LOL Yeah. You know she buys all of the 48 stuff she can find. She loves her some JJ.

“IMAGINE no religion!”

Since: Feb 09

usa

#31 Sep 30, 2009
Anita wrote:
<quoted text>
I would like to see Johnson race a full year without Chad Knaus around-if he still wins then so be it-he's talented and I can respect that. I just don't know about anybody who has a crew chef who has been suspended over and over again for cheating. Is it talent, or is it cheating. I would think that all of Johnson's fans would want that too-then it would shut up people like me who actually question the talent.
your logic is flawed. do some research you will see the last time chad was suspended jimmie still won.

dont think other cc's dont cheat. they do, just havent gotten caught.
TO THINE OWN SELF BE TRUE.

“IMAGINE no religion!”

usa

#33 Sep 30, 2009
Teacher14fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you always respond to others comments in such a dumbass way? You must be one of those Always on Line Idiots. Though I see you subconsciously confirmed that you think Knaus/Johnson cheat.
I do not believe in cheating and I do not want or expect Tony to cheat. My driver is good enough to win without cheating. I am proud that he has two clean championships.
projection

“IMAGINE no religion!”

usa

#34 Sep 30, 2009
Teacher14fan wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a funny one! You never fail to make me laugh. The best excuse you come up with is jealousy! Knaus earned his reputation for cheating and had to pay the consequences. Funny how once he got his hands slapped and realized they meant business he's been a good boy.
Johnson is nothing without Knaus. Put Knaus with any driver and he can make them champ. But poor ole Jimmie can't be champ without him.
keep telling yourself what you need to, to be a loyal fan.

if crew chiefs are what make a driver a winner, why do crew chiefs go from one driver who is nothing and their new driver takes off and wins multiple races.

mark martin and his crew chief are great examples!

“smoke”

Since: Dec 07

Life is short, be nice!

#35 Sep 30, 2009
nodebi wrote:
<quoted text>
Johnson ran circles around Tony last year and the year before! You are a bitter opinionated old hag!
johnson did n......... nope just turn around and walk away!

Minneapolis, MN

#36 Sep 30, 2009
love_spell wrote:
<quoted text>
keep telling yourself what you need to, to be a loyal fan.
if crew chiefs are what make a driver a winner, why do crew chiefs go from one driver who is nothing and their new driver takes off and wins multiple races.
mark martin and his crew chief are great examples!
Maybe the crew chief has to be in love with their driver. Yeah that has to be it. Allen is in love with Mark.
WWE NASCAR

Sandy Hook, CT

#37 Sep 30, 2009
Teacher14fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt he could do much for dumbass Jr; he's not a miracle worker.

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#38 Sep 30, 2009
Amy W wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe the crew chief has to be in love with their driver. Yeah that has to be it. Allen is in love with Mark.
Maybe. I mean Mark is much cuter than Kyle...urp! Sorry, I just threw up a little in my mouth...lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 35
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jeff Gordon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Needing information please Jul 15 Nikki14 1
Nascar Races on DVD Jan '16 Terry 1
News Jeff Gordon is fueled by his desire to walk awa... (Nov '15) Nov '15 Fart news 12
News NASCAR tracks to fans: Leave Confederate flags ... (Jul '15) Aug '15 Fart news 16
News Harvick's only shove this time at Texas comes o... (Apr '15) Apr '15 tom wingo 6
News Unrelated celebrity twins (Jan '15) Jan '15 lola48 1
News Top 20 moments of 2014, #4: NASCAR's new Chase ... (Jan '15) Jan '15 WelbyMD 1
More from around the web