Kenny Bruce: Is NASCAR headed toward ...

Kenny Bruce: Is NASCAR headed toward crowning a winless champion?

There are 4 comments on the Scene Daily story from Jul 15, 2010, titled Kenny Bruce: Is NASCAR headed toward crowning a winless champion?. In it, Scene Daily reports that:

Tony Stewart, shown here with crew chief Darian Grubb, is winless this year but has won at least one race for 11 straight years.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Scene Daily.

Thom frrom Baltimore

Ellicott City, MD

#1 Jul 15, 2010
What does WINLESS mean ?? So what ?? The Champion , under the current lame Chase format only has to be the most consistent high finisher and with the most points.

I have sent NASCAR a proposal to fix that as well. Under my plan, the Champion WILL have at least 1 race WIN every year. The last one.
HaHa

Baltimore, MD

#2 Jul 15, 2010
oop
barr

Temperance, MI

#3 Jul 15, 2010
NASCAR has to put more emphasis on winning. They are between a rock and a hard place though. NASCAR likes the chase format and doesn't want someone entering the chase with an insurmountable lead that could occur if someone wins 6 or 8 races. If someone could win 6 or 8 races then they ought to be way ahead of someone that hasn't won any or maybe only 1.

“Smokennnnn!!!!”

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#4 Jul 15, 2010
Nascar passes points out like candy.
Points should only be given to the top 10 finishers and maybe 5 extra for the winner.
1st. 10 + 5
2nd. 9
3rd. 8
4th. 7
5th. 6
6th.,7th.,8,9 and 10 one point only...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jeff Gordon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NASCAR tracks to fans: Leave Confederate flags ... Jul 24 Fart news 10
News Harvick's only shove this time at Texas comes o... Apr '15 tom wingo 6
News Unrelated celebrity twins (Jan '15) Jan '15 lola48 1
News Top 20 moments of 2014, #4: NASCAR's new Chase ... (Jan '15) Jan '15 WelbyMD 1
News Tony Stewart silence heightens roar of criticism (Aug '14) Aug '14 Manic 2 38
News Will Dale Earnhardt Jr. Finally Contend for a N... (Jan '14) Aug '14 Jr IQ 88 232
News Why did Dale Earnhardt, Jr. switch to Hendrick ... (Mar '10) Aug '14 Uncle John Duckett 83
More from around the web