Noise Concerns Over Proposed Cooper S...

Noise Concerns Over Proposed Cooper Stadium Racetrack | WBNS-10...

There are 6 comments on the 10TV WBNS story from Jan 29, 2010, titled Noise Concerns Over Proposed Cooper Stadium Racetrack | WBNS-10.... In it, 10TV WBNS reports that:

A plan to turn Cooper Stadium into a racetrack has a group of Franklinton area residents speaking out against the proposal.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at 10TV WBNS.

Shane

United States

#1 Mar 11, 2010
I think they should make it Bishop Ready's home football stadium
Brent

United States

#2 Mar 30, 2010
There is no way anyone can convince me that you could conduct a service in "Lullabye Land" or "Baby Rest" while a race is going on. There is also no way you can tell me there will be no races Memorial Day weekend. How could one ceremony in Section 104 for the Vets with a race going on? Green Lawn is not the only cemetery affected. People still remember and visit graves of ancestors at Mt Calvary. A racetrack between three cemeteries makes about as much sense as giving mouth to mouth to a dead opossum!
Jamie Darnell

Pataskala, OH

#3 Apr 21, 2010
Like i said i agree with The Franklinton Development Association and Arshot Investments. I am a westside resident and i probably speak for the majority of them who are nascar and race fans who would really like to see this happen it will bring in so much money to the community and jobs for alot of people. As for noise come on people if its a nascar race its only 1 weekend a year plus if they are developing the other things do you realize the benefits we would have here in columbus and lets face it the westside needs this help. There are to many unemployed people out there who need jobs and this is a great opportunity for that. Wake up people. I think if it was really put to a vote with the citizens and if Arshot Investments and Jeff Gordon was to make a meeting with the people it would definitely go thru. I am willing to start a petition to get it going thru all i need is someone to help me get it started. if you want to contact me you may thru my email.
[email protected]
gene

Ocoee, FL

#4 Apr 22, 2010
Put the Tack in Downtown at the Old City center site. The noise wouldn't bother anyone since the City is driving people out with the parking meters. Then again the Div of Parking could make a lot of money charging people who stop to watch and park illegally, a large enterainment fee. Just think of all the illegally parked trailers they could ticket !!!!! And a track would give would be car theifs a place to practice their get away driving Having lived in the Columbus area most of my life, and one who has seen the City go down hill , I say what hav you got to lose???
Mike

Portsmouth, OH

#5 May 7, 2010
Yesssss All the way. Track sounds awesome. For the noise, as if the car alarms and Breaking & Enterings arent loud enough? get a clue! bring the track!
pylnrcr

Columbus, OH

#6 May 14, 2010
Brent wrote:
There is no way anyone can convince me that you could conduct a service in "Lullabye Land" or "Baby Rest" while a race is going on. There is also no way you can tell me there will be no races Memorial Day weekend. How could one ceremony in Section 104 for the Vets with a race going on? Green Lawn is not the only cemetery affected. People still remember and visit graves of ancestors at Mt Calvary. A racetrack between three cemeteries makes about as much sense as giving mouth to mouth to a dead opossum!
Since you choose to disregard the exceptionally comprehensive and very expensive sound abatement measures that the developer is building into the complex, I guess there would be no way to convince you. Fortunately, others are not as narrow minded that have researched the information and discovered the project and its goals of very minimal impact to the nearby cemeteries and community is very realistic. Sorry, but the potentially huge economic benefits far outweigh the handful of events each year when there may be the potential to minimally impact the cemeteries. A re-use of Cooper like Arshot is proposing (I bet you don't even have an accurate understanding of the project)in fact, makes a whole lot of sense.

www.coopertalk.com

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jeff Gordon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I need your help Sep '16 I need help 1
Needing information please Jul '16 Nikki14 1
Nascar Races on DVD (Jan '16) Jan '16 Terry 1
News Jeff Gordon is fueled by his desire to walk awa... (Nov '15) Nov '15 Fart news 12
News NASCAR tracks to fans: Leave Confederate flags ... (Jul '15) Aug '15 Fart news 16
News Harvick's only shove this time at Texas comes o... (Apr '15) Apr '15 tom wingo 6
News Unrelated celebrity twins (Jan '15) Jan '15 lola48 1
More from around the web