The 2010 NASCAR legacy: Boys, have at it

Dec 31, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Scene Daily

Jeff Burton confronts Kyle Busch after the Coca-Cola 600 at Charlotte Motor Speedway.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 4 of4
Anonymous

South Gate, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2010

I for one like the, "have at it", attitude NASCAR has implemented, its more like racing in the early days. Spinning somebody with just a couple laps left or on the last lap has always been a driver perogotive. Rough driving and cuss fights and fist fights were just part of the show, whether it was a Saturday night feature race at a local speedway or at the big track on Sunday with the NASCAR regulars. Some folks get confused and call it dirty driving, I dont call it dirty to turn another car if they turned you or did something to mess up your day. Retaliation is a big part of stockcar racing too. NASCAR layed down the sword and are allowing drivers to be themselves, I thought Joey Logano grew up a bunch after he got in Harvicks face, it was just good to see the kid stand up for himself when he felt he was wronged, its a dang wonder Kevin didnt warp him plum outta his frame, but Joey stood his ground and gained some respect that day. In all, this was the best move NASCAR has took in a while. Get rough and rowdy boys, NASCAR said it was alright!!!
ThomasA

Sylacauga, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 4, 2011

NCAG wrote:
I for one like the, "have at it", attitude NASCAR has implemented, its more like racing in the early days. Spinning somebody with just a couple laps left or on the last lap has always been a driver perogotive. Rough driving and cuss fights and fist fights were just part of the show, whether it was a Saturday night feature race at a local speedway or at the big track on Sunday with the NASCAR regulars. Some folks get confused and call it dirty driving, I dont call it dirty to turn another car if they turned you or did something to mess up your day. Retaliation is a big part of stockcar racing too. NASCAR layed down the sword and are allowing drivers to be themselves, I thought Joey Logano grew up a bunch after he got in Harvicks face, it was just good to see the kid stand up for himself when he felt he was wronged, its a dang wonder Kevin didnt warp him plum outta his frame, but Joey stood his ground and gained some respect that day. In all, this was the best move NASCAR has took in a while. Get rough and rowdy boys, NASCAR said it was alright!!!
The "have at it" is ok for short tracks but at the speeds these missiles are running on the large tracks today, a friendly nudge or love tap could result in someone getting killed. The drivers take too many chances today because they think they are bullet proof and their cars are indestructible. Lets hope 2011 doesn't see another tragedy.

“YA dont know ..........do ya??”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2011

ThomasA wrote:
<quoted text> The "have at it" is ok for short tracks but at the speeds these missiles are running on the large tracks today, a friendly nudge or love tap could result in someone getting killed. The drivers take too many chances today because they think they are bullet proof and their cars are indestructible. Lets hope 2011 doesn't see another tragedy.
Your right ThomasA, the large tracks are no place to be playin around. The bump draft even causes problems, but its sure fun to watch. Right on again with no tragedies this year. I hope for a safe 2011 for all NASCAR!!

Since: Nov 10

Scranton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2011

Yeah, I agree wih you! but I am recently confused by this [url=http://www.vibramshoestor e.com/]www.vibramshoestore.com [/url], I don't know how to choose?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 4 of4
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Jeff Burton Discussions

Search the Jeff Burton Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Kurt Busch-Keselowski feud flares up just in ti... Apr '14 Kurtfann41 1
Letarte Joins NBC's NASCAR Broadcast Team (Jan '14) Feb '14 Whoyakidding 8
Jeff Burton Getting New Crew Chief (Oct '12) Oct '12 Riders 3
10 NASCAR Drivers Who Won't Get a Single Win in... (Jan '12) Jan '12 big 3 1
Drivers skirt no-caution call at Charlotte (Jun '11) Jun '11 Hilton Head 1
Burton extends contract with RCR (Apr '11) Apr '11 88_Little e_88 2
NASCAR Bracketology: Upsets abound, but Johnson... (Mar '11) Apr '11 Carolyn 17
•••
•••