Ok Burton Fans. Where will he finish this year??

Created by Gregmcc on Feb 4, 2009

9 votes

Click on an option to vote

1 through 5

6 through 10

11 through 15

16 and above

Since: Mar 07

Atlanta

#1 Feb 4, 2009
Hoping Burton can get some better qualifying times this season. Glad that the sponsor drama is over for him and I think CAT is a great fit for him. He needs a little more speed out of that Chevy but I think he will finish in the top 5.
CRJ

Murfreesboro, TN

#2 Feb 4, 2009
Well i see the RCR organization moving up as the Gibbs cars i think will take a step back. I think Kyle Busch will be the only Gibbs car to make the chase, but as last year, i think he'll fizzle out when the chase starts. I think only Bowyer and Burton will be the only two to make the chase as i predict Mears will be fired after this year and Harvick will go elsewhere, whether it's a Toyota team or Stewart-Haas, but i wouldnt be suprised if Bowyer has a bad year, you see the Carl Edwards effect on him.
A couple seasons ago, they took Bob Osborne from Carl and gave him to Jamie McMurray and they didnt have any success, as neither did Carl as he missed the chase and didnt win a race in 2006 and they end up teaming them back up and they picked up right where they left off. I wouldnt be suprised if Bowyer does have a bad year if they dont reunite him with Gil Martin and move him from the Jack ride to the Cheerios ride with Bowyer.
I know with my prediction of only two RCR cars making the chase instead of three is a step back for RCR, as i said they'd move forward, however i think Burton is going to be a really big threat for the championship this year as Edwards was against Johnson last year.

Since: Mar 07

Atlanta

#3 Feb 4, 2009
Great input CRJ..... Going to be a great season...
CRJ

Murfreesboro, TN

#4 Feb 4, 2009
Gregmcc wrote:
Great input CRJ..... Going to be a great season...
Thanks. Look forward to seeing that good looking paint scheme of Burtons on the track this weekend. Im glad CAT is rejoining the Burton family and i love that Black and Yellow car and hope to see it flying like a Bumble Bee!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jeff Burton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kurt Busch-Keselowski feud flares up just in ti... Apr '14 Kurtfann41 1
Letarte Joins NBC's NASCAR Broadcast Team (Jan '14) Feb '14 Whoyakidding 8
Jeff Burton Getting New Crew Chief (Oct '12) Oct '12 Riders 3
10 NASCAR Drivers Who Won't Get a Single Win in... (Jan '12) Jan '12 big 3 1
Drivers skirt no-caution call at Charlotte (Jun '11) Jun '11 Hilton Head 1
Burton extends contract with RCR (Apr '11) Apr '11 88_Little e_88 2
NASCAR Bracketology: Upsets abound, but Johnson... (Mar '11) Apr '11 Carolyn 17
•••
•••

Jeff Burton People Search