Dale Earnhardt Jr.: a Wea re not a good teama as struggles continue with poor finish at Pocono

Aug 1, 2010 Full story: Scene Daily 68

Dale Earnhardt Jr. was disappointed with his 27th-place finish at Pocono. Victor Newman NASCAR Illustrated LONG POND, Pa.

Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
X Jr Fan

Cleveland, TN

#1 Aug 2, 2010
so the head mechanic and engineer off Martin's 2nd in the points team from last year isn't very good either. hmmm... i wonder what the problem is then
Arnie

Katy, TX

#2 Aug 2, 2010
X Jr Fan wrote:
so the head mechanic and engineer off Martin's 2nd in the points team from last year isn't very good either. hmmm... i wonder what the problem is then
Didn't you get it? Just read Junior's quotes:“We didn’t have a great car. The motor broke at the end. The car was junk all day.… I spun out. The car wasn’t good.”...“We’re not very good – we’re not a good team,”

Apparently it's the car and the team that is the problem. It ain't nothin' to do with the lousy driver. So, while that car is the same car that all the other leaders/winners/champs are driving...it's junk. And the head mechanic and engineer taken off Martin's '2nd in points last year' team, they don't know how to work on a car with "88" painted on the door. The old crew chief couldn't get the job done, so he was replaced and that hasn't helped, either. All these changes and yet there is no improvement in Junior's track performance. I wonder if the problem could be the guy with the steering wheel in his hand?

"...the motor broke..." Wow, is that a professional quote or what? Sounds like a three year old kid when his toy car won't go.

After the leader passed Junior to put him a lap down at the very end of the race, I am surprised that NASCAR didn't go with a few green/white/checkers in order to drop another invisible debris caution in order to allow Junior to get his lap back so he wouldn't have to finish the day in shame being a lap down. As if that's all Junior has to be ashamed of.
X Jr Fan

Cleveland, TN

#3 Aug 2, 2010
the little girl sitting in section 12 row 5 seat 3 might be the problem

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#4 Aug 2, 2010
Apparently you don't understand that when he says they're not a good team, he's including himself.
jrw

Glen Burnie, MD

#5 Aug 2, 2010
You know, I will not throw off on Jr. to try to get my point across..but i have finally come to the point that i think maybe Jr. has lost his drive to be a winner.
To be honest I'm not sure what the problem is, but there is NO excuse week after week to run as bad as he does when we all know for the most part his cars are usually good at the beginning only to fall to the back.. With that said, I will stick w/ him as my driver ..but i am not having high hopes of seeing him in the winners circle anytime soon.
I just find it hard to believe he would continue on at racing if he keeps failing as he has week in, week out.
I'm sure you all love his failure..but i think it's pretty sad, especially knowing the guy could wheel a car at one time..but that seems many moons ago.jmo

Ski

“Is It Friday Yet?????”

Since: May 07

Smalltown New York

#6 Aug 2, 2010
JohnnyDeppfan2 wrote:
Apparently you don't understand that when he says they're not a good team, he's including himself.
Come on JDf2...pull your head out!
If The Junior meant to include himself, he should have said "I'm not a good team member".
But no...he throws his team under the bus to try and deflect the blame from where it truely lies.
If the team and the equipment can win with another driver, then it is not the team.
When will The Junior nation finally understand that???
lance mcgrew sucks

Huntsville, AL

#7 Aug 2, 2010
he said ''we're'' not a good team idiot......
lance mcgrew sucks

Huntsville, AL

#8 Aug 2, 2010
but i guess its his fault that ever week,his car comes to the track,as the slowest hendrick car.....heck almost the slowest car period......

Location hidden

#9 Aug 2, 2010
Ski wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on JDf2...pull your head out!
If The Junior meant to include himself, he should have said "I'm not a good team member".
But no...he throws his team under the bus to try and deflect the blame from where it truely lies.
If the team and the equipment can win with another driver, then it is not the team.
When will The Junior nation finally understand that???
WE'RE not a good team seems to refer to the WHOLE Team, including himself.

Ski

“Is It Friday Yet?????”

Smalltown New York

#10 Aug 2, 2010
JohnnyDeppfan2 wrote:
<quoted text>
WE'RE not a good team seems to refer to the WHOLE Team, including himself.
The WHOLE team is not the problem, only one component of it.
The Junior is trying to lump everyone else on his team in with him.

Why is that so difficult to understand? Or is it that The Junior nation can't admit it?

Location hidden

#11 Aug 2, 2010
Ski wrote:
<quoted text>
The WHOLE team is not the problem, only one component of it.
The Junior is trying to lump everyone else on his team in with him.
Why is that so difficult to understand? Or is it that The Junior nation can't admit it?
You seem to not understand the concept of a team. It is the whole team, not just the driver
You get over it

Katy, TX

#12 Aug 2, 2010
lance mcgrew sucks wrote:
but i guess its his fault that ever week,his car comes to the track,as the slowest hendrick car.....heck almost the slowest car period......
That's just it. No matter what changes have been made in the garage, the team, the venues or the equipment...Junior is almost always the slowest Hendrick driver on the track. They've made all kinds of changes, yet Junior doesn't improve. Doesn't it stand to reason that the real problem here is with the one common denominator that has not been changed? Junior, himself?
You get over it

Katy, TX

#13 Aug 2, 2010
JohnnyDeppfan2 wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to not understand the concept of a team. It is the whole team, not just the driver
Funny thing about that is that when they win, it's all about the driver. Truth is, while the whole team participates, the biggest part of the equation is that of the driver. Which is why Junior's "team" keeps having such lousy finishes, because they have a lousy driver.
X Jr Fan

Cleveland, TN

#14 Aug 2, 2010
Jr said making the chase was a pain in the azz and more work than what its worth. i think he's about accomplished his mission of not making the chase again
X Jr Fan

Cleveland, TN

#15 Aug 2, 2010
Jr will probably have to lay down a little harder next year if he don't won't to make the chase since NASCAR will probably change the chase format again

Location hidden

#16 Aug 2, 2010
You get over it wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny thing about that is that when they win, it's all about the driver. Truth is, while the whole team participates, the biggest part of the equation is that of the driver. Which is why Junior's "team" keeps having such lousy finishes, because they have a lousy driver.
Honestly, I believe that Jr is destined to be midpack, unfortunately.

Ski

“Is It Friday Yet?????”

Smalltown New York

#17 Aug 2, 2010
JohnnyDeppfan2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I more than understand the team concept.
I spent several years on one of the most winning teams in American motorsports.
If other drivers on the team can produce successful results with the equipment provided, then it is not the team.
The driver in question continues to drag down the rest of the team due to his sub-standard performance and lack of ability. He then blames the below average results on "the team".
The Junior needs to man up and take full responsibility for his lackluster performance and not continue to blame "the team". The Junior nation needs to accept the fact that their chosen son is a slacker and mediocre driver at best.
When that happens....all will be right in the racing world.

“Just quit jr.”

Since: Aug 09

WVU

#18 Aug 2, 2010
I wonder if "the team" shares equally with jr's fat wallet???

Location hidden

#19 Aug 2, 2010
Ski wrote:
<quoted text>
I more than understand the team concept.
I spent several years on one of the most winning teams in American motorsports.
If other drivers on the team can produce successful results with the equipment provided, then it is not the team.
The driver in question continues to drag down the rest of the team due to his sub-standard performance and lack of ability. He then blames the below average results on "the team".
The Junior needs to man up and take full responsibility for his lackluster performance and not continue to blame "the team". The Junior nation needs to accept the fact that their chosen son is a slacker and mediocre driver at best.
When that happens....all will be right in the racing world.
I can admit Jr is not the best, but average. I however, Still like him as a person

Ski

“Is It Friday Yet?????”

Smalltown New York

#20 Aug 2, 2010
JohnnyDeppfan2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I can admit Jr is not the best, but average. I however, Still like him as a person
Do you know him personally?

Average?? I guess that's a start.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jay Ryan Norris Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Racing's Allisons heading to Lake Erie Speedway Aug '14 racingfever 1
'I Am Not a Sexist': Racing Legend Stands By Da... (Feb '14) May '14 ARE YOU MELTED YET 10
Dale Earnhardt Jr. supports Austin Dillon bring... (Jul '13) Mar '14 Snow 63
Tony Stewart already tired of answering NASCAR'... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Whoyakidding 2
Trevor Bayne ready to take step to title conten... (Jan '14) Feb '14 Haleys Commet 3
Dale Earnhardt Jr. supportive of move to TV by ... (Jan '14) Jan '14 Jusy_Sayn 4
NASCAR'S Dale Earnhardt Jr. fears replacing Ste... (Jan '14) Jan '14 poncho 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Jay Ryan Norris People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••