Dale Earnhardt Jr Could Break and Tie...

Dale Earnhardt Jr Could Break and Tie Two Records At Talladega

There are 81 comments on the Captain Thunder's NASCAR News story from Apr 12, 2011, titled Dale Earnhardt Jr Could Break and Tie Two Records At Talladega. In it, Captain Thunder's NASCAR News reports that:

Dale Earnhardt Jr. needs to lead 127-laps Sunday in the Aarons 499 at Talladega Superspeedway to break the Laps Led record for Active Drivers, and a trip to victory lane would tie the Active Driver Wins record.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Captain Thunder's NASCAR News.

Smoke2008

Farmington, CT

#63 Apr 23, 2011
WWE CRASHCAR 2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
NASCAR (France) is screwing Mayfield! If NASCAR had any class they'd settle this out of court and let Mayfield race again.
According to some of you folks, there are enough inbred morons in NASCAR- why bring back another one?
Wang

United States

#64 Apr 23, 2011
NCAG wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for the nickname Wang, Gabby Hayes was one of my all time favorites!!And really whats disgusting Wang is sombody acting like somthin they aint, like you. Nobody cares about ancient plovelbs. And I drather live in a ditch than be an imposter. Couldnt you have picked something a little more manly to hide behind besides asians and them plovelbs. I guess not Wangy Dangy. Look pal, if you dont like how I respond to you then stop your act, I could never take serious or respect an imposter. Be who you really are, or shut the hell up!!
Gabby, you sirry.
Bottom rine, Dare Jl mediocle dlivel. Youl authentic flontiel gibbelish not change that.
Wang see you rike "ancient plovelbs". You so sirry Gabby.

“How We Roll”

Since: Nov 08

Area 51, Nevada

#65 Apr 24, 2011
Wang wrote:
<quoted text>
Gabby, you sirry.
Bottom rine, Dare Jl mediocle dlivel. Youl authentic flontiel gibbelish not change that.
Wang see you rike "ancient plovelbs". You so sirry Gabby.
Wang you so silly! Dale has not proven anything to us in a long time but we also know he has more issues than just the alleged lack of skill. Just so happens, he seems to be over those issues according to recent results.

If he has a lack of skill, he'd have plummeted out of chase contention in 5 races. If it was not gelling with a crew, feeling sorry for himself, lack of skill, can't get any breaks, whatever excuse previously mentioned, NOTHING would carry a top 5 points run this deep into a season.

We may as well face it - his slump days must be over; He's seated comfortably in the points at 3rd, and 6th place is twice as far back from the lead as he is- another 19 pts back. This wasn't a fluke by any stretch, we're 8 races in. Even if he later proves to be 7 positions worse, he's still top 10, a step above mediocre.

All he's gotta do now is remain half-ass consistent and he'll land his chase spot for 2011 and probably top-5 it.
NCAG

Long Beach, CA

#66 Apr 24, 2011
Smoke2008 wrote:
<quoted text>
According to some of you folks, there are enough inbred morons in NASCAR- why bring back another one?
Count yourself as one dingleberry! You seem to know a lot about inbred morons, I wouldnt be telling everybody on topix my status if i were you.
NCAG

Long Beach, CA

#67 Apr 24, 2011
alpinedigital wrote:
<quoted text>
Wang you so silly! Dale has not proven anything to us in a long time but we also know he has more issues than just the alleged lack of skill. Just so happens, he seems to be over those issues according to recent results.
If he has a lack of skill, he'd have plummeted out of chase contention in 5 races. If it was not gelling with a crew, feeling sorry for himself, lack of skill, can't get any breaks, whatever excuse previously mentioned, NOTHING would carry a top 5 points run this deep into a season.
We may as well face it - his slump days must be over; He's seated comfortably in the points at 3rd, and 6th place is twice as far back from the lead as he is- another 19 pts back. This wasn't a fluke by any stretch, we're 8 races in. Even if he later proves to be 7 positions worse, he's still top 10, a step above mediocre.
All he's gotta do now is remain half-ass consistent and he'll land his chase spot for 2011 and probably top-5 it.
Thanks for your input Alpine, I couldnt have said it better. but its the same ol same ol with Jrs haters. If he would win the Championship this year they would say NASCAR fixed it. The haters aint man enough to admit Jrs doing mighty fine in 2011. They are the jackassess that cant handle the truth now. They can have that biased opinion, its their right, but reality is slappin them in the face and they cant stand it. Jr and 5 time worked together really well at Dega. Id say it takes a great amount of "skill" and "talent" to achieve what he has so far this year!!
Wang

United States

#68 Apr 24, 2011
NCAG wrote:
<quoted text>Thanks for your input Alpine, I couldnt have said it better. but its the same ol same ol with Jrs haters. If he would win the Championship this year they would say NASCAR fixed it. The haters aint man enough to admit Jrs doing mighty fine in 2011. They are the jackassess that cant handle the truth now. They can have that biased opinion, its their right, but reality is slappin them in the face and they cant stand it. Jr and 5 time worked together really well at Dega. Id say it takes a great amount of "skill" and "talent" to achieve what he has so far this year!!
Gabby, Wang finarry aglee with you. You not "say" anything bettel than AP.
Wang

United States

#69 Apr 24, 2011
alpinedigital wrote:
<quoted text>
Herro AP,
Varid obselvation. We see how season prays out.
ex-pert

Odessa, TX

#70 Apr 24, 2011
The best thing about NASCAR is there aren't any black thugs like Mike Vick in it.
Hilton Head

Orlando, FL

#71 Apr 25, 2011
alpinedigital wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree that he's doing well this early in the season, but only 8 races in is not very deep when there are still around 18 or 19 races left before they are locked in. Time will tell.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#72 Apr 25, 2011
Sounds about right.. One finish of 40th and Jr is out of the top 10. Right now only harvick is "locked" (it's very improbable that two drivers ranked 11th to 25th are going to win more than two races, should he fall out of the top ten)
Hilton Head wrote:
<quoted text>I agree that he's doing well this early in the season, but only 8 races in is not very deep when there are still around 18 or 19 races left before they are locked in. Time will tell.

Location hidden

#73 Apr 25, 2011
Looking at the schedule, there are some tracks coming up that dale and hendrick historically run extremely well at. Richmond, Dover, Charlotte, I'd expect the #88 to be in victory lane at one of these races.
Jim

Portsmouth, NH

#74 Apr 25, 2011
alpinedigital wrote:
<quoted text>If he has a lack of skill, he'd have plummeted out of chase contention in 5 races. If it was not gelling with a crew, feeling sorry for himself, lack of skill, can't get any breaks, whatever excuse previously mentioned
You said it....excuses.
alpinedigital wrote:
<quoted text>NOTHING would carry a top 5 points run this deep into a season.
This deep into the season....8 races (roughly) a third of the "regular" season....is deep?
alpinedigital wrote:
<quoted text>We may as well face it - his slump days must be over; He's seated comfortably in the points at 3rd, and 6th place is twice as far back from the lead as he is- another 19 pts back. This wasn't a fluke by any stretch, we're 8 races in. Even if he later proves to be 7 positions worse, he's still top 10, a step above mediocre. All he's gotta do now is remain half-ass consistent and he'll land his chase spot for 2011 and probably top-5 it.
Slump days over....may be wishful thinking.

How soon some forget....do you recall 2008?

Jr. was in the same position then as he is now (third in points after Talladega).

Yes he made the chase and yes he had a good season, but he finished dead last in the chase and then 2009 and 2010 seasons happened so to say his slump days are over is short sighted at best.

Let's not forget he now has EVERYTHING that was JG in 2010.

So is it Jr. or is it what he's been handed?
annie

United States

#75 Apr 25, 2011
screeching tires wrote:
Gone are the days when Dale Earnhardt Jr. would stuff a banana or a rolled up sock in a front pocket of his pants to attract hotties.
The Dale Jr bashers love to post the biggest most brazen audacious lies. The Dale Jr bashers post these lies so much they think they are the truth.
When it comes to the absolute contempt for the facts for these post it is the bashers of Dale Jr that have no equals.

Location hidden

#76 Apr 25, 2011
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
Slump days over....may be wishful thinking.
Jr has put together a few good runs in a row early in the season, hence the the current high points position. Consistency wins in the current format. I wouldnt use the term "deep" into the season until at least mid-august.

“How We Roll”

Area 51, Nevada

#77 Apr 25, 2011
Hilton Head wrote:
<quoted text>I agree that he's doing well this early in the season, but only 8 races in is not very deep when there are still around 18 or 19 races left before they are locked in. Time will tell.
Logically, everyone else had the same 8 races to show what they have, and they all have the same # of races left. No matter how deep they are, the data reads Jr: 3rd in points. Unless it's a team known for extreme late-season surges towards securing a chase spot, that's the only data that matters.
menards wrote:
Sounds about right.. One finish of 40th and Jr is out of the top 10.
LOL Mr Enlightenment... One finish of 40th for ANYONE is going to be a big hit, so again - more logic that applies to every driver doesn't suggest he's less likely to be exactly where the data says he is: 3rd in points.

What happens from here, nobody knows. It can go either way. If we knew for sure where everyone would end up, they wouldnt need to run the races. Until then, its all just speculation.

Location hidden

#78 Apr 25, 2011
alpinedigital wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL Mr Enlightenment... One finish of 40th for ANYONE is going to be a big hit, so again - more logic that applies to every driver doesn't suggest he's less likely to be exactly where the data says he is: 3rd in points.
What happens from here, nobody knows. It can go either way. If we knew for sure where everyone would end up, they wouldnt need to run the races. Until then, its all just speculation.
Another flip-flop response from the un-intelligent. Just a moment ago you were saying we were "deep in the season" and the "slump was over". Now its something different? Pick an opionion and stick with it! or do you just like to argue for sake of arguing..when you really dont know (or really understand) what the arguement is about?
Hilton Head

Orlando, FL

#79 Apr 25, 2011
annie wrote:
<quoted text>
The Dale Jr bashers love to post the biggest most brazen audacious lies. The Dale Jr bashers post these lies so much they think they are the truth.
When it comes to the absolute contempt for the facts for these post it is the bashers of Dale Jr that have no equals.
What lies are you referring to specifically?

“How We Roll”

Area 51, Nevada

#80 Apr 25, 2011
menards wrote:
<quoted text>
Another flip-flop response from the un-intelligent. Just a moment ago you were saying we were "deep in the season" and the "slump was over". Now its something different?
Code of the troll...

I have in no way varied my perspective or opinion, and yet, you somehow interpret my comments as though I did so you have something to argue about. I see...

...so how's that working out for you?
figuratively speaking

Shawnee, KS

#81 Apr 25, 2011
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>

Let's not forget he now has EVERYTHING that was JG in 2010.
So is it Jr. or is it what he's been handed?
For the past several years, Jr fans have been told that he is sub par driver because he could be competitive even in the best equipment. When fan questioned the equality of the equipment, they were told that ALL Hendrix teams/equipment are created equal, it is the driver who makes the difference.

I find it puzzling that now that #88 is housed with #48 and the #88 has the crew of the #24, there is a lot more success. It makes me question if things are as truly equal as many thought in the Hendrix camps.

I guess it boils down to this....those who said Dale could not be successful because he was a bad driver in the best equipment, may just have to rethink their theory because a change in equipment has certainly made a difference this year.

“How We Roll”

Area 51, Nevada

#82 Apr 25, 2011
figuratively speaking wrote:
<quoted text>a change in equipment has certainly made a difference this year.
There's a personnel change too, though. Not just equipment. Maybe LeTarte has a better instinct for interpreting Dale's language

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jay Ryan Norris Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Analysis: Jimmie Johnson making a statement in ... Oct '16 MrTinkertrain24 5
News 2016 Dover: Richard Childress Racing NASCAR Xfi... (May '16) May '16 Menards eh 1
News What's up with the exciting start to NASCAR's 2... (Mar '16) Apr '16 TMZ789 6
News Ever Wonder What Happens In a Nascar Post-Race ... (Sep '15) Sep '15 Fart news 2
News NASCAR racer Kyle Larson taken to hospital afte... (Mar '15) Sep '15 Fart news 28
News NASCAR offering flag exchange at Coke Zero 400 (Jul '15) Sep '15 Fart news 27
News NASCAR Brawl Ends with Jeff Gordon Bloody Lip, ... (Nov '14) Nov '14 Harry Horton 1
More from around the web