Riggs disagrees with stiff penalties

May 31, 2008 Full story: ESPN 7

Scott Riggs believes NASCAR blew the call. Riggs said the penalties levied against Haas-CNC Motorsports for alterations to its new car were too steep.

Full Story
jmshan

Florence, AL

#1 Jun 1, 2008
NASCAR has lost it. Penalties are definitely too harsh but I guess that's the only way they can justify the COT junk that they have forced on the teams. I find it hard to believe that the car manufacturers continue to support this sham. There is no way the Win on Sunday, Buy on Monday can apply anymore. Pouring money into this poor example of racing only shows the mental condition of the current manufacturers and the continuing decline in GM, Ford and Chrysler sales. The France family should be ashamed what they have done to what the Good Ol' Boys started.
Shimit Queen

Pensacola, FL

#2 Jun 1, 2008
Well, They have said numerous times not to mess with the COT. I think they deserved this penalty.
THE SHADOW

San Francisco, CA

#3 Jun 1, 2008
NASCAR IS NOT NASCAR ANYMORE. IT USED TO BE FORD, CHEVY, PONTIAC, PLYMOUTH, DODGE,HUDSON,AND SO ON, THAT WOULD RACE,(REAL CARS) THAT YOU COULD BUY OFF THE SHOW ROOM FLOOR. WITH ENGINES THAT YOU COULD DO WITH WHATEVER YOU COULD TO WIN A RACE. IT WAS ALOT CHEEPER TO RACE THEN WHAT NASCAR WOULD SELL TO CAR OWNERS NOW. SURE I WOULD KEEP ALL THE SAFETY EQUIPMENT THE CARS NOW HAVE BUT LETS GO BACK TO RACING THE CARS THAT NORMAL PEOPLE COULD BUY FROM THE CAR DEALERS. WHEN I WAS YOUNGER I WOULD DRIVE OR BUY THE FASTEST CAR RUNNING AT THE TIME. I DON'T KNOW HOW THE CAR MANUFACTURE NOW DAYS WOULD SAY THAT WAS OUR CAR THAT WON THE RACE JUST BECAUSE IT HAD THE NAME CHEVY, FORD,OR DODGE ON IT,(CAN YOU BUY THE WINNING CAR FROM A CAR DEALER?) NO YOU CAN'T. IN MY OPINION THE CAR MANUFACTURERS ARE WAISTING THEIR MONEY ON THESE CARS RACING NOW.
Shimit Queen

Pensacola, FL

#4 Jun 1, 2008
THE SHADOW wrote:
NASCAR IS NOT NASCAR ANYMORE. IT USED TO BE FORD, CHEVY, PONTIAC, PLYMOUTH, DODGE,HUDSON,AND SO ON, THAT WOULD RACE,(REAL CARS) THAT YOU COULD BUY OFF THE SHOW ROOM FLOOR. WITH ENGINES THAT YOU COULD DO WITH WHATEVER YOU COULD TO WIN A RACE. IT WAS ALOT CHEEPER TO RACE THEN WHAT NASCAR WOULD SELL TO CAR OWNERS NOW. SURE I WOULD KEEP ALL THE SAFETY EQUIPMENT THE CARS NOW HAVE BUT LETS GO BACK TO RACING THE CARS THAT NORMAL PEOPLE COULD BUY FROM THE CAR DEALERS. WHEN I WAS YOUNGER I WOULD DRIVE OR BUY THE FASTEST CAR RUNNING AT THE TIME. I DON'T KNOW HOW THE CAR MANUFACTURE NOW DAYS WOULD SAY THAT WAS OUR CAR THAT WON THE RACE JUST BECAUSE IT HAD THE NAME CHEVY, FORD,OR DODGE ON IT,(CAN YOU BUY THE WINNING CAR FROM A CAR DEALER?) NO YOU CAN'T. IN MY OPINION THE CAR MANUFACTURERS ARE WAISTING THEIR MONEY ON THESE CARS RACING NOW.
Yes you can. Toyota, Chevy Ford, Dodge. may not be the same as the COT but it's the same make, regardless. There is a little thing called the remote, if you don't want to watch it, change the channel.

“It's a catastrophic success”

Since: Apr 08

28th star on the flag

#5 Jun 1, 2008
Shimit Queen wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes you can. Toyota, Chevy Ford, Dodge. may not be the same as the COT but it's the same make, regardless. There is a little thing called the remote, if you don't want to watch it, change the channel.
He did have a point to a degree...I remeber watching the old Nascar days when the cars were 2 door...sure you can buy the cars that are running now..but a 4 door...come on this aint real racing..
Shimit Queen

Pensacola, FL

#6 Jun 1, 2008
Average joe is doomed wrote:
<quoted text>
He did have a point to a degree...I remeber watching the old Nascar days when the cars were 2 door...sure you can buy the cars that are running now..but a 4 door...come on this aint real racing..
Sadly, yes.

Since: Jan 07

AOL

#7 Jun 1, 2008
THE SHADOW wrote:
The world is changing and we have to change with it. You know that we have cell phones now?! If you can't accept change, don't bother watching

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jason Leffler Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NASCAR drivers among 800 at Leffler funeral (Jun '13) Jun '13 manic depressive 2 1
NASCAR fines Braun Racing crew chiefs (Jun '10) Jun '10 lucas 45 2
Are you a big Jason Leffler Fan? (Feb '10) May '10 Jessie 2
Robert 'Bootie' Barker to join Michael Waltrip ... (Nov '08) Oct '09 BigE 73
Keselowski wins Nationwide Series race in Iowa (Aug '09) Aug '09 snow 5
Fans get on board for NASCAR race (Mar '09) Mar '09 Hamlin1 1
Dale Earnhardt Jr. Not Penalized 5 laps (Feb '09) Feb '09 Kornback Rattler 24
More from around the web