Kyle Busch sets NASCAR record with Nationwide win

Jul 27, 2008 Full story: The Associated Press 23

Kyle Busch was frustrated by NASCAR's latest rule change. He took it out on the competition. Busch led all but three laps Saturday night to win the Kroger 200 for Toyota's 15th victory in 22 Nationwide races this season.

It was the first win since NASCAR mandated Toyota cut 15 horsepower from its engines on Wednesday. NASCAR changed the parameters after rival teams complained, even though Toyota was within the rules.

'We wanted to come out here this weekend and sort of get a little sweet revenge on everybody,' Busch said. 'It turned out that way, and it worked out in our favor.'

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Jul 08

Lexington, KY

#1 Jul 27, 2008
I figured it out I know what to do about Kyle you just need to let him only have 3 tires on instead of 4 that would be fare or wait he drives on 3 anyway we have to make his tires skinner or maybe take his rear spoiler off no wait he can drive a lose car too no wait I got it he only gets 6 plug wires instead of 8 what are we gonna do?
DACK

Summerfield, FL

#2 Jul 27, 2008
LOL----- I hope that NASCAR doesn't read these blogs. They would probably implement your suggestions!
DACK

Summerfield, FL

#3 Jul 28, 2008
gojustgo wrote:
I figured it out I know what to do about Kyle you just need to let him only have 3 tires on instead of 4 that would be fare or wait he drives on 3 anyway we have to make his tires skinner or maybe take his rear spoiler off no wait he can drive a lose car too no wait I got it he only gets 6 plug wires instead of 8 what are we gonna do?
--now you can add run over one of his pit crew and knock them under his car so he is delayed leaving his pit--

“I am right.”

Since: Feb 08

Pearl. MS

#4 Jul 28, 2008
We just need to pay Robby Gordon to wreck Kyle at every possible oppurtunity. But then again, during any race, does Robby ever get close enough to him? Someone just needs to crash this kid on a regular basis or take away his nitro boost. That'll learn him.
3TOES

Keyser, WV

#5 Jul 28, 2008
c3daddyo wrote:
We just need to pay Robby Gordon to wreck Kyle at every possible oppurtunity. But then again, during any race, does Robby ever get close enough to him? Someone just needs to crash this kid on a regular basis or take away his nitro boost. That'll learn him.
That's about the only way to stop him, cause he can out drive just about driver out there
bob11

United States

#6 Jul 28, 2008
Im not a Kyle Busch fan but I was glad to see him because of the stupid new rule change. I was also very happy to one of Jack Roush's cars finish 2nd since Jackass Roush was behind the whole thing anyway. And Richard Childress needs to go find those damn monkeys that Clint Bowyer says can drive and win in the JGR cars because they would be much better to drive the 07 car [and 2 car in the Nationwide series] because they wont spend all their time crying and complaining about how they cant beat thr JGR drivers. Hell they might win more than 1 win a year in any RCR car.

“I am right.”

Pearl. MS

#7 Jul 28, 2008
3TOES wrote:
<quoted text>
That's about the only way to stop him, cause he can out drive just about driver out there
In your dreams!
Oscar

Lexington, SC

#8 Jul 28, 2008
As much as I dislike him, I must admit that he is an amazing driver. He has the best recovery skills I've ever seen. A few months ago I saw him get loose and do a complete 360, only to recover and keep going at full speed. Absolutely amazing!

I still wouldn't want him for a next door neighbor, though. He has all maturity of a five year old.
etmuell

United States

#9 Jul 28, 2008
Maybe he should have to use all the used tires from the sprint race if you can call it that at INDY all the time
3TOES

Keyser, WV

#10 Jul 29, 2008
c3daddyo wrote:
<quoted text>
In your dreams!
This season so far has proven to be not in dream land, it has been reality. Kyle is on a roll, like it or not.

“I am right.”

Pearl. MS

#11 Jul 29, 2008
3TOES wrote:
<quoted text>
This season so far has proven to be not in dream land, it has been reality. Kyle is on a roll, like it or not.
I will admit that Kyle is having a good year. But like his brother, it will all come crashing down on him. Next year, when Joey Logano is in the 20 car, Gibbs will put his money behind the "new kid" and Kyle will then become a has-been. And then he will just be out on the track trying to get points to stay above the 35th position.
bob11

New York, NY

#12 Jul 29, 2008
c3daddyo wrote:
<quoted text>
I will admit that Kyle is having a good year. But like his brother, it will all come crashing down on him. Next year, when Joey Logano is in the 20 car, Gibbs will put his money behind the "new kid" and Kyle will then become a has-been. And then he will just be out on the track trying to get points to stay above the 35th position.
Even if they do put alot of money behind Logano, Busch wont be struggling to stay in the top 35. There are only 2 things that can stop Busch. Either Hamlin and Stewart will start having good luck for once (because both of them would have 3 or 4 wins total if they had more luck) or another team will find somthing to beat the 3 of them.
Whoyakidding

Cary, NC

#13 Jul 29, 2008
Thank God NASCAR took some action and took away Toyota's horsepower advantage by reducing the size of the hole in the restrictor plate Toyota has to use. Can you imagine how bad Shrub would have stunk that race up if NASCAR hadn't stepped in and handled the situation. Why, there was three laps he was hardly a factor in. I'm sure the Chevy, Ford and Dodge teams can breath a sigh of relief now.
whatever

Spring Grove, PA

#14 Jul 29, 2008
NASCAR is not a sport, rather a waste of gas, tires, not to mention the fans are total redneck freaks...Who cares!!!!
OHBOYOH

Myrtle Beach, SC

#15 Jul 29, 2008
Oscar wrote:
As much as I dislike him, I must admit that he is an amazing driver. He has the best recovery skills I've ever seen. A few months ago I saw him get loose and do a complete 360, only to recover and keep going at full speed. Absolutely amazing!
I still wouldn't want him for a next door neighbor, though. He has all maturity of a five year old.
I am not a race fan and do not have anything against people who are but it seems like a good many of the drivers are not very mature. If they are winning, all is well and good but if they are losing they show out like a 3 year old. A friend of mine is a big Nascar fan, if Dale Jr. loses or gets out for any reason, he gets so upset that he will not speak to me or anyone else for at least a week.
bob11

New York, NY

#16 Jul 29, 2008
OHBOYOH wrote:
<quoted text>I am not a race fan and do not have anything against people who are but it seems like a good many of the drivers are not very mature. If they are winning, all is well and good but if they are losing they show out like a 3 year old. A friend of mine is a big Nascar fan, if Dale Jr. loses or gets out for any reason, he gets so upset that he will not speak to me or anyone else for at least a week.
Jr. loses alot so he must not ever talk.

Since: Jul 08

Lexington, KY

#17 Jul 29, 2008
whatever, whoever you are go away go cry in someone elses lap .....whaaaaa whaaaaaaa...... now give the baby it ...whaaaa

“I am right.”

Pearl. MS

#18 Jul 29, 2008
whatever wrote:
NASCAR is not a sport, rather a waste of gas, tires, not to mention the fans are total redneck freaks...Who cares!!!!
Then why are you here posting?
whatever

Spring Grove, PA

#19 Jul 29, 2008
Ummm, it is called Freedom of Speech......The last time I checked this was an opinion forum, isn't it? You may not like everything you read sometimes but that is why we live here in America...Last time I checked we had the Bill of Rights and the Constitution....Sorry that your "sport" is not really a sport but a hobby. There is nothing about NASCAR that would make me reconsider, you just watch people drive around in a circle multiple times. And wreck if you are lucky. Now mixed martial arts and soccer are more sports, even football....

“I am right.”

Pearl. MS

#20 Jul 29, 2008
whatever wrote:
Ummm, it is called Freedom of Speech......The last time I checked this was an opinion forum, isn't it? You may not like everything you read sometimes but that is why we live here in America...Last time I checked we had the Bill of Rights and the Constitution....Sorry that your "sport" is not really a sport but a hobby. There is nothing about NASCAR that would make me reconsider, you just watch people drive around in a circle multiple times. And wreck if you are lucky. Now mixed martial arts and soccer are more sports, even football....
Point taken. But have you ever gone over 160 MPH and felt the rush? And for more then a few seconds, what it does to your body? I have, and it is great. But you are worn at the end of the day! Some of these guys condition them selves better then any football player or soccer player. Mix Martial arts is as much a sport as the WWE!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jason Leffler Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NASCAR drivers among 800 at Leffler funeral (Jun '13) Jun '13 manic depressive 2 1
NASCAR fines Braun Racing crew chiefs (Jun '10) Jun '10 lucas 45 2
Are you a big Jason Leffler Fan? (Feb '10) May '10 Jessie 2
Robert 'Bootie' Barker to join Michael Waltrip ... (Nov '08) Oct '09 BigE 73
Keselowski wins Nationwide Series race in Iowa (Aug '09) Aug '09 snow 5
Fans get on board for NASCAR race (Mar '09) Mar '09 Hamlin1 1
Dale Earnhardt Jr. Not Penalized 5 laps (Feb '09) Feb '09 Kornback Rattler 24
•••
•••

Jason Leffler People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••