Stewart Signs Fishy Deal

Stewart Signs Fishy Deal

There are 44 comments on the Wayne County Outlook story from Jul 15, 2008, titled Stewart Signs Fishy Deal. In it, Wayne County Outlook reports that:

Two-time NASCAR Sprint Cup Series champion Tony Stewart has set his NASCAR future, and it's as an owner and driver with Stewart-Haas Racing beginning in 2009.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Wayne County Outlook.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Laurababy0105

Nicholasville, KY

#2 Jul 15, 2008
good for you.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#3 Jul 16, 2008
The wayne county outlook wrote this story but I think the release date for Mr Haas is October 6 2009.
Joe

Broadview Heights, OH

#4 Jul 16, 2008
I'm not sure what reason the author has to believe the deal is fishy. It is true that if Tony didn't put money in that it was a generous deal. But at the same time, in order to attact a driver at his level a team would have had to come up with millions of dollars a year. Since they probably aren't giving him a salary, or at least not much of one it wouldn't take many years for him to earn the amount that half the team is worth. It isn't like the team was one of the ellite, they've struggled to survive for the past few years.

As for Haas not being involved, I find it difficult to believe that he's not aware of the deal. He could certainly stop it if he wanted to. He may not have been involved in the negotiation, but if my business manager gave away half my business without my knowledge, I'd not have the business manager for very long. I don't think Gene Haas is stupid, so I think the deal is what's been reported.
luvtonyeyes

Barre, VT

#5 Jul 16, 2008
I thought I had read somewhere that when Gene Haas entered prison he had to relinquish control of Haas CNC Racing. I can't find the article but believe it was to Margaret Haas and some other guy that is Joe Custer's boss who approved the deal.

I'm sure Tony is smart enough to have checked in to all of this to make sure the deal is legitimate and can't be pulled out from under him when Haas gets out.

“I am back!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!”

Since: Jul 08

endicott new york

#6 Jul 16, 2008
Didnt Rick Hendricks .Get into trouble with the IRS back in the 90s.
Plus if everyone went to jail for cheating on there taxes. There wouldnt be enough prisions.To hold every one LOL

“Smoke Fan Forever!!!”

Since: Sep 07

Look to the Western Sky!!!!

#7 Jul 16, 2008
luvtonyeyes wrote:
I thought I had read somewhere that when Gene Haas entered prison he had to relinquish control of Haas CNC Racing. I can't find the article but believe it was to Margaret Haas and some other guy that is Joe Custer's boss who approved the deal.
I'm sure Tony is smart enough to have checked in to all of this to make sure the deal is legitimate and can't be pulled out from under him when Haas gets out.
Yes Gene Haas has no control over the racing team while he is in prison. Also, Joe Custer said that Gene had nothing to do with the deal. It was Joe and another manager who signed the deal.
luvtonyeyes

Barre, VT

#8 Jul 16, 2008
PattiSmokeFan20 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Gene Haas has no control over the racing team while he is in prison. Also, Joe Custer said that Gene had nothing to do with the deal. It was Joe and another manager who signed the deal.
Is Margaret Haas Gene's wife and did she have anything to do with making the deal?
Legal20Fan

Indianapolis, IN

#9 Jul 16, 2008
One of Tony's attorneys is Cary Agajanian. He is a brilliant man and wouldn't let Tony walk in to something that wasn't solid. He has represented Tony and been a close friend of his for some time. He just wouldn't let him get in to something fishy.

“I am back!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!”

Since: Jul 08

endicott new york

#10 Jul 16, 2008
luvtonyeyes wrote:
<quoted text>
Is Margaret Haas Gene's wife and did she have anything to do with making the deal?
Hey maybe this is how Smoke .Was able to get himself such a great deal.
Maybe he is keeping the little woman happy.While her man is away.
It would not be the first time a man has had to step in to take care of a lonely women.
It ont be the last.
PS I also read Gene Haas did not want this deal to go down.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#11 Jul 16, 2008
sprintfan20 wrote:
<quoted text>Hey maybe this is how Smoke .Was able to get himself such a great deal.
Maybe he is keeping the little woman happy.While her man is away.
It would not be the first time a man has had to step in to take care of a lonely women.
It ont be the last.
PS I also read Gene Haas did not want this deal to go down.
Well Smoke told me the little woman is Gene's sister.I doubt if Gene would care who sevices her.

“Smoke Fan Forever!!!”

Since: Sep 07

Look to the Western Sky!!!!

#12 Jul 16, 2008
sprintfan20 wrote:
<quoted text>Hey maybe this is how Smoke .Was able to get himself such a great deal.
Maybe he is keeping the little woman happy.While her man is away.
It would not be the first time a man has had to step in to take care of a lonely women.
It ont be the last.
PS I also read Gene Haas did not want this deal to go down.
You know if you're in jail because you thought you'd stick it to the government because you were mad at them then you really don't get a say in what happens with anything anymore.:-)

“Smoke Fan Forever!!!”

Since: Sep 07

Look to the Western Sky!!!!

#13 Jul 16, 2008
snow wrote:
<quoted text>Well Smoke told me the little woman is Gene's sister.I doubt if Gene would care who sevices her.
We were wondering if Margaret was his wife or not. I didn't look it up. Any way you do it, I'm sure Gene had a whole lot of nothing to do with this decision.
luvtonyseyes

Barre, VT

#14 Jul 16, 2008
sprintfan20 wrote:
<quoted text>Hey maybe this is how Smoke .Was able to get himself such a great deal.
Maybe he is keeping the little woman happy.While her man is away.
It would not be the first time a man has had to step in to take care of a lonely women.
It ont be the last.
PS I also read Gene Haas did not want this deal to go down.
Well...umm...that's not really where I was going with the question but if Smoke is in the business of servicing lonely females I might give him 50% ownership of my Chevy Cobalt. It's no racecar but it might get up to 100mph. LOL

Actually, Margaret is listed as the owner of the 70 car so I was just trying to figure out who she is and how involved is she in the race business.

“I am back!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!”

Since: Jul 08

endicott new york

#15 Jul 16, 2008
luvtonyseyes wrote:
<quoted text>
Well...umm...that's not really where I was going with the question but if Smoke is in the business of servicing lonely females I might give him 50% ownership of my Chevy Cobalt. It's no racecar but it might get up to 100mph. LOL
Actually, Margaret is listed as the owner of the 70 car so I was just trying to figure out who she is and how involved is she in the race business.
Hey Taras husband . Caught her and Tony in bed. And that is a known fact. One thing about Tony he loves to brag about his love life.
And I repeat it is tony himself that does the bragging.

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#16 Jul 16, 2008
luvtonyseyes wrote:
<quoted text>
Well...umm...that's not really where I was going with the question but if Smoke is in the business of servicing lonely females I might give him 50% ownership of my Chevy Cobalt. It's no racecar but it might get up to 100mph. LOL
Actually, Margaret is listed as the owner of the 70 car so I was just trying to figure out who she is and how involved is she in the race business.
Laughing that was cute... She is the sister.....

“I am back!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!”

Since: Jul 08

endicott new york

#17 Jul 16, 2008
PattiSmokeFan20 wrote:
<quoted text>
You know if you're in jail because you thought you'd stick it to the government because you were mad at them then you really don't get a say in what happens with anything anymore.:-)
WOW WHAT PLANET DO YOU LIVE ON ?
I bet you still believe in Santa Claus!

“Smoke Fan Forever!!!”

Since: Sep 07

Look to the Western Sky!!!!

#18 Jul 16, 2008
sprintfan20 wrote:
<quoted text>WOW WHAT PLANET DO YOU LIVE ON ?
I bet you still believe in Santa Claus!
Did you read why Gene was convicted of tax evasion. Read up on it. He was angry at the government over a ruling against him and wanted to recoup his losses.

http://www.thecamarilloacorn.com/news/2006/06...

How silly. I think that means you relinquish your right to any say in what happens while your in jail because he decided to be an idiot. All because of patent infringement.

Since: Aug 07

Concord, CA

#19 Jul 16, 2008
sprintfan20 wrote:
Didnt Rick Hendricks .Get into trouble with the IRS back in the 90s.
Plus if everyone went to jail for cheating on there taxes. There wouldnt be enough prisions.To hold every one LOL
He did and then he was diagnosed with Lukeamia and it all went away. The tax issues that is.
Legal20Fan

Indianapolis, IN

#20 Jul 16, 2008
PattiSmokeFan20 wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you read why Gene was convicted of tax evasion. Read up on it. He was angry at the government over a ruling against him and wanted to recoup his losses.
http://www.thecamarilloacorn.com/news/2006/06...
How silly. I think that means you relinquish your right to any say in what happens while your in jail because he decided to be an idiot. All because of patent infringement.
He can have visitors in prison. I don't think he was ignorant about this deal. I think he knew all about it. I doubt it would have happened if Mr. Haas didn't want it to happen.

“I am back!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!”

Since: Jul 08

endicott new york

#21 Jul 16, 2008
PattiSmokeFan20 wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you read why Gene was convicted of tax evasion. Read up on it. He was angry at the government over a ruling against him and wanted to recoup his losses.
http://www.thecamarilloacorn.com/news/2006/06...
How silly. I think that means you relinquish your right to any say in what happens while your in jail because he decided to be an idiot. All because of patent infringement.
Sorry to break your heart .Never been in jail.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Jason Leffler Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NASCAR drivers among 800 at Leffler funeral (Jun '13) Jun '13 manic depressive 2 1
News NASCAR fines Braun Racing crew chiefs (Jun '10) Jun '10 lucas 45 2
Are you a big Jason Leffler Fan? (Feb '10) May '10 Jessie 2
News Robert 'Bootie' Barker to join Michael Waltrip ... (Nov '08) Oct '09 BigE 73
News Keselowski wins Nationwide Series race in Iowa (Aug '09) Aug '09 snow 5
News Fans get on board for NASCAR race (Mar '09) Mar '09 Hamlin1 1
News Dale Earnhardt Jr. Not Penalized 5 laps (Feb '09) Feb '09 Kornback Rattler 24
More from around the web