Crashes make McMurray public enemy No.1

Full story: St. Petersburg Times

One of the only good things about Jamie McMurray wrecking out of the Daytona 500 with three laps to go was it gave him a head start on leaving ahead of some of his competitors.
Comments
41 - 60 of 218 Comments Last updated Apr 21, 2011
Kyrah

Everett, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#42
Mar 8, 2006
 
Elysa wrote:
I think how Jamie was driving was fine, he was strong all day... it was Jeff Burton that wasnt....he took Jamie out!
I Know! that made me so mad! i couldnt believe that when jamie wrecked, none of my drivers were really in the running for that race any more. i had hope that at least one of them would place well.
you know

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#43
Mar 8, 2006
 
ryan wrote:
well atleast i can fit a whole cock in my mouth.

Again keep whining Penske fans
dude your gross!!!!!!!
ryan

Naperville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#44
Mar 8, 2006
 
Again as I said Rancho Cucamonda boy you have no real argument. Come back when you know something and can make an intelligent argument. While your at it you might as well grow up a little. Find some errors in my argument and come back with something. As I said earlier you make no argument so obviously I have won this argument. Either that or you are just too big of a moron. Either way I and the Roushketeers win.

Again we are not in second grade here so dont take my posts and change them. Grow up.

As you have proven Penske and Busch fans are worthless. Keep Whining buddy.
val

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#45
Mar 8, 2006
 
ryan wrote:
well atleast my arguments are well thought out and make sense. Come back with something better than "everyones tired of reading your posts" blah blah blah. My posts are more informative than anything you have ever said. Become mature and try to make a rebuttle to my argument. As I said we will see how good Busch is this year.

to val first off learn to spell. I understand you're from Nascar country but that doesnt mean you can act uneducated. Don't try to purposely make a fool of yourself. If you knew anything about nascar a loose car is a fast one. So Mcmurray made an intelligent decision. I'm glad he wrecked Busch. More people should, maybe then he'd stop whining like his fans. Busch only won anything because he was in the top equipment. Like I've said we'll see what he does in second rate equipment this year.

Again keep whining Penske fans
my point was mcmurray can't drive and don't know what the hell the car needs to win races or a championship.He's over rated
ryan

Naperville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#46
Mar 8, 2006
 
A direct quote from Nascar.com "It wasn’t shown on TV, but when McMurray passed Busch late in the race at Fontana, he held up a flash card that read,“Thanks for this great-handling car.”"

Haha how does it feel when Nascar.com is showing that Busch is a moron? Over rated? Val did you know that Mark Martin, who is probably one of the best drivers in the modern era of Nascar hand picked Mcmurray? Over rated right? Because you saw Mark hand pick Busch from the Las Vegas late-model circuit. When you say the man is over rated your denouncing how Rusty Wallace, Jack Roush, and Mark Martin feel. Real smart on your part. Coming from someone from Nascar country I figured you'd have a little more respect for the icons of the sport than the loudmouth from Rancho Cucamonga. Guess Not.

Till then keep trying to come up with a rebuttle. Great work on the grammar this time, though. I could actually understand your post. That made it 10x's easier to respond since I didn't have to read it 15 times like your last one to realize what the hell you were saying.

Keep Whining Penske clan!!
YOU KNOW

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#47
Mar 9, 2006
 
If the thing with the sign is true and thats a pretty big IF then maybe Kurt Busch should make a sign that says "Enjoy it while you can because your sorry ass will wreck it next race" Im betting your way over rated no top ten showing Mcmurray will end up losing his ride when roush has to cut back to four then he'll just be lef out in the snow poor bastard.MCMURRAY AND YOU BOTH SUCK!!!!!!!!!!
YOU KNOW

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#48
Mar 9, 2006
 
OH and also My boy Kurt is still ahead of stupid Mcmurray in the power rankings and dont you know sarcasm when you read it dumb ass
ryan

Naperville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#49
Mar 9, 2006
 
Sarcasm yes...but in both Mcmurray's and Busch's power rankings they make fun of Busch? That because he's a great driver? Haha don't think so. It's pretty funny when nascar.com makes fun of Busch giving up his ride. Kinda shows you how stupid it really was on his part. Mcmurray losing his ride? Are you kidding me? First off Roush is grandfatherd in with that rule. He's also told nascar that he has sponsor commitments through 2009. So Mcmurray has awhile before hes even close to being in the hot seat. Also go read jayski. Kyle Petty said Nascar wont be enforcing that rule and most likely the max team number will just stay at 5. So there I doubt will be a chance of Mcmurray ever losing his ride at Roush. From what my family member that is a crew chief over at Evernham said that rumor has it Mcmurray is signed up for 5-7 years. Again I doubt he'll be losing his ride anytime soon. Good luck for Kurt Busch this weekend though. We'll see how well he does without a Roush car. Again as I've said get ready for alot of mediocrity out of Busch this year.

Keep Whining Penske fans.
val

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#50
Mar 9, 2006
 
The only reason Rusty Wallace like Mcmurray is because he's screwing his daugter.Jack Roush picking Mcmurray he's marketable, that's a smart business choose for sponsorship, as for Mark Martin wasn't he phrashing Kyle Busch great driving skills.Mcmurray sucks he's nothing more than a pretty boy. Your ignorant to the facts. Matt kenseth didn't even want this guy as a team mate.
val

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#51
Mar 9, 2006
 
Oh by the way smart ass. What do you have to say that Casey Mears is doing better in Mcmurray equipment than Mcmurray ever did.He's what 2nd in points and Mcmurray is 14th.
ryan

Naperville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#52
Mar 9, 2006
 
Matt Kenseth thought Roush and Martin disrespected him because they didnt ask his opinion on who should drive the car. Get your facts straight. By saying "phrashing" do you mean praising? Yes Martin praised Kyle Busch. Nowhere in that did it say Kurt Busch. I'll give it to Casey Mears hes doing well right now. Will he end up in the chase? Not a chance. Look at the predictions for the chase that the guys at FOX did before the 500. Every single one said McMurray would make it. Nobody said Mears would and only Jeff Hammond had Kurt Busch on his list. So your telling me these guys know nothing? Again take a grammar class before you post. Or better yet run a damn spellcheck. Your making yourself look like a moron.

Till then keep whining Penske fanatics!!
val

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#53
Mar 9, 2006
 
What are you blinded by the facts?Matt Kenseth never liked Mcmurray because Mcmurray race him like an idiot in the past.He races alot of people like an idiot that's why Tony Stewart wanted to beat the crap out of him at Daytona. Everyone made there prediction before the season started, now that you have two races under there belt alot of people would change there top ten,but the season still young. The point I've been trying to make is that Mcmurray is not a good race car driver.There alot better out there.If you listen to his interview and watch the way he races you'll see that.He know's nothingabout the cars and drive reckless.When his grew cheif ask him how he like the car he said nothing "I'll take Kurt Busch note and pray that it works."He's going to take that 26 team and run it to the ground because he knows nothing on what the car needs.He haven't won in a long time and forgot what it take's to be in victory lane.Instead of runing for championship he'll be fighting for 11th.Because that's all he's good for.So keep on thinking that your crap don't stink Rouch fans.Hopefully he'll be a jinx to Rouch like he was a jinx to Ganassi.
you know

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#54
Mar 10, 2006
 
val man you aint going to get through to this dick face he's blind to the facts and just spits out the same thing over and over again hes blind to the facts.Hey Ryan there has only been 2 races out of the season theres no way those guys on fox know exactly who will round out the top ten, but i can tell you Mcmurray wont make it. Thats why they do predictions to see how far they where off when the time comes dont you ever watch monday night football or baseball they make predictions about the winners all the time and more than half the time their wrong. Watch When Me and vals drivers are on top when the chase starts and Mcmurray isnt even in it we'll have to find out where you live and spit in your ugly bitchass face. GO PENSKE!!!!!!!!
ryan

Naperville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#55
Mar 10, 2006
 
Tony Stewart wanted to beat Mcmurray up? Were you watching the same race idiot? He got into it with KENSETH not Mcmurray. Get your facts straight. Yup he's a big jinx to Roush. That's why they swept all the events at California. Looks like a huge jinx to me! Have you noticed that Ganassi's equipment has sucked for the last 3 years? Tons of people in the sport thought it was amazing that Mcmurray could even fight for a spot in the chase with the crap he was driving. As you'll see Busch wont even make the chase. Mcmurray will and you'll eat your words. The two of you really need to go fill in yourselves on some nascar knowledge. Honestly how long have you been watching the sport? 2 years? 3 years? I mean come on. I have nothing against new fans, but when you people know nothing and run your mouth then there is a problem. So get your facts straight before you two post. It's like arguing with second graders instead of adults that can reason and make a good argument. Good luck with that!

As usual keep whining Penske fans! Too bad this weekends race is at a track that Roush dominates. Sucks for you!
random

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#56
Mar 10, 2006
 
ryan wrote:
I LIKE TO SUCK COCK AND EAT OUT ASSHOLES
Dude gross!!!!!!!!!1
val

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#57
Mar 10, 2006
 
ARe you kidding me?You ahve just proving to me that you only see what you want to see and hear what you want to hear.On the in car radio Tony Stewart told his spotter to go tell Mcmurray spotter to tell his driver when we wreck there will be no one to help you.It was on fox and Beyond the wheel.Your the one who need to get the facts straight .I'm going to have to agree with you know and say the season is still young.Hey Ryan, When Casey Mears make it in the chase amd your boy Mcmurray is on the outside looking in wht wll you say?That Roush was giving Mcmurray bad equipment?Conspiracy Theory?That Ganassi ahve better equipment than Roush? And when marlin got injured Mcmurray step in and won in the 2nd races then the Ganassi made Mcmurray the top dog and was giving him better equipment than both the 41 and 40 teamIt was all down hill from there.Season still youn Ryan and we'll will see.
Ashley

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#58
Mar 14, 2006
 
I say all of this as a DIE HARD Jamie fan. Jamie left Ganassi for good reasons. For the last 3 years he's been just outside the chase. He felt he wasn't getting the equipment he needed. His move to Roush was brilliant. And Jack Roush wouldn't have signed him if he didn't think he was a good driver. All of the media couldn't get enough of him during the whole contract controversy. Now he is poised to become one of the more popular drivers in Nascar. Since his move to Roush, he is talked about a lot more and already has been featured in more commercials and advertisements. I think he has been driving a little more aggressively since the beginning of the season, but I think its because he feels like he has something to prove to everyone else. As for Casey Mears being ahead of him in points, at the end of last year Casey showed great improvement. I do not think that he can sustain this momentum as long as he is at Ganassi. He may very well be a better driver, but as long as he's in Ganassi equipment, we'll never know.
val

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#59
Mar 14, 2006
 
Ashley wrote:
I say all of this as a DIE HARD Jamie fan. Jamie left Ganassi for good reasons. For the last 3 years he's been just outside the chase. He felt he wasn't getting the equipment he needed. His move to Roush was brilliant. And Jack Roush wouldn't have signed him if he didn't think he was a good driver. All of the media couldn't get enough of him during the whole contract controversy. Now he is poised to become one of the more popular drivers in Nascar. Since his move to Roush, he is talked about a lot more and already has been featured in more commercials and advertisements. I think he has been driving a little more aggressively since the beginning of the season, but I think its because he feels like he has something to prove to everyone else. As for Casey Mears being ahead of him in points, at the end of last year Casey showed great improvement. I do not think that he can sustain this momentum as long as he is at Ganassi. He may very well be a better driver, but as long as he's in Ganassi equipment, we'll never know.
You know Asheley I'm going to agree with you.Jamie has been driving aggressively and have been getting alot of camrea time,(good for him).Your driver your choose to like him.He needs to settle down because he's going to hurt somebody out there, he almost did at the busch race in Vagas,(with the 10 car).He should of been send to the back for that but nascar didn't.100 percent right with you on Ganassi (not good equipment)I feel bad for David,Reed and Casey.But with the dodge problem and the 42 team doing a real good job Mcmurray do have something to prove because there nothing wrong with the Roush cars.
KURT BUSCH IS THE MAN

Rochester, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#60
Mar 14, 2006
 
RYAN MAYBE YOU SHOULD LEARN HOW TO READ OR LISTEN, KURT DIDN'T GET A DUI, DORK IN THE HAT BLEW IT ALL UP BECAUSE HE WAS MAD THAT HE WAS LOSING HIS GREATEST DRIVER. THERE WAS NO DRUNK DRIVING CHARGE, HIS ALCOHOL LEVEL WAS EQUIVELENT TO HALF OF A GLASS OF WINE IDIOT. GET YOUR FACTS BEFORE YOU GO ON A RAMPAGE YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT. I GUESS YOU SHOULD BE A MCWANNABE FAN SINCE YOU ARE BOTH LOSERS.
ryan wrote:
haha well i guess busch is the worlds only "first class driver" that likes leaving the best equipment in the game for second rate equipment. Smart move by Busch hahahahaha. Also, Mcmurray knows hes not driving the 97 moron he was signed to drive the 6. Unfortunately Busch decided to jump ship so Roush wasnt going to make a legend in Mark Martin move from his 6 to the 97. Especially when the 97 was scared when Busch got his DUI. O yeah I forgot "first class drivers" get DUI's and insult the law enforcement that keeps us safe. Real stand up guy in my book. Best move Roush made was suspending him and putting Wallace in for the final two events. Really some people here need to go to some races and watch some reruns on ESPN classic before you post.

I hope you guys enjoy when Penske shoves it up dodge's ass and switches to toyota since he owns so many toyota dealerships and has had ties to them for many years. Toyota wont stand a chance in Nascar without giving their teams factory support which they have said they will not do. But then again Penske is a business man and it's all about money for him nowadays. So keep rooting for Penske and his drivers when you have Jack Roush who was an engineer at Ford back in teh 60's and worked like any other normal joe and worked his way up to owning one of the most dominant North American motorsports teams all the while keeping his loyalty to Ford which is almost unheard of nowadays. So you people who just discovered nascar last year keep rooting for Penske.

Keep Whining Penske Fans!!! haha
Steve

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#61
Mar 15, 2006
 
Laura wrote:
<quoted text>

I personally think that Tony Stewart is a hypocrite. He talks about how aggressive driving is dangerous and should have conseqences yet aggressive driving is one of his more predominant attributes and he himself was the first to do it at Daytona. I donn't really care if Kenseth hit him first-if you want people to be punished for aggressive driving-don't think that you can get away without a blackflag too. So to end that-Tony's a jackoff. I was actually happy to see Kurt Busch's traitor ass put into the wall by Jamie and hey-if the officials didn't black flag him, then it couldn't have been that bad.
I wonder how many people went back and looked at what Tony was talking about when he said Mat hit him. I recored the race as I always do and when I went back I found what he thinks was Mat's fault. Mat was running up front and got shuffled out of the lead draft and was running on the outside by himself. As tony (the whiner) was going bye Mat was staying fairly close to get a side draft like everyone does. Even tony. When tony's car got loose. Now for starters if you go back and look around lap 26 or 27 Mat was about three feet from him. He never touched him. Then the jackass turns around after his shootout comments about someone is going to get killed and punts Mat into the infield spinning out of control. As soon as Tony said that he gave Mat what he had coming. Nascar should have stepped in with a fine and suspension. Instead tony get away with it and guys like Mat get rules changed when they win to much because they are considered boring when they win without smashing someone. Take the Vegas race. Why did Nascar throw the yellow when Mat was leading by so much for tghe water bottle or with three laps to go when tony blew a tire. There was no debris, he did not spin, and there was no danger of him being in the way of the other cars still running at full speed. Nascar in the name of excitement gave that race to Johnson by taking away the three second lead Mat had.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••