Gibbs gives Gilliland chance to qualify fourth car

Sep 4, 2009 Full story: abclocal.go.com

David Gilliland , who earlier this week was replaced by Bobby Labonte for seven races at TRG Motorsports, will attempt to qualify a fourth Sprint Cup car at Joe Gibbs Racing for three of the final 12 events, multiple sources told ESPN.com on Friday.

Full Story

“'2010'season ”

Since: May 09

Phoenix, Arizona

#1 Sep 4, 2009
I would have liked to see Bobby in the fourth car.
crj38

Murfreesboro, TN

#2 Sep 6, 2009
The New Twenty wrote:
I would have liked to see Bobby in the fourth car.
Yep, me too. It's a more secure and smart move. Not only does Bobby have history there, he's a past champ which would automatically lock the car in for the race, not to mention that tonight at Atlanta showed that it was the equipment, not Bobby that was holding the 96 Ford car back. I bet the sponsors loved seeing their car running at the back with Darnell huh!

“'2010'season ”

Since: May 09

Phoenix, Arizona

#4 Sep 11, 2009
Now Reed S is a free agent. So many drivers so few rides. Hoping bobby lands a decent one.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

J.L. Pennington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NASCAR: What did Stewart mean by 'dead weight' ... (Sep '11) Oct '11 rlsdntaplyto48tm 14
David Gilliland and more news.. (Nov '09) Nov '09 Skipper 2
1990 Daytona 500 Winner, Derrike Cope, Makes Fi... (Oct '09) Oct '09 WWE NASCAR 1
Hendrick Motorsportsa Dale Earnhardt Jr. learni... (Feb '09) Feb '09 Jr Rocks 58
•••
•••

J.L. Pennington People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••