Hendrick Motorsportsa Dale Earnhardt ...

Hendrick Motorsportsa Dale Earnhardt Jr. learning whoa s who in Cup garage

There are 58 comments on the Scene Daily story from Feb 8, 2009, titled Hendrick Motorsportsa Dale Earnhardt Jr. learning whoa s who in Cup garage. In it, Scene Daily reports that:

When Dale Earnhardt Jr. looks around the Sprint Cup garage, he doesn't recognize some of the cars he sees.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Scene Daily.

Not Jealous of Jr

Saint Cloud, FL

#21 Feb 10, 2009
Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry that you see it as nonsense.
I think my point and question are very legit.
Why does the media have to turn a NASCAR story into a "Jr." story?
Did you notice that Fox turns the sound on the fans whenever Jr takes the lead?

I find that annoying.

Why didn't they do that when Tony was in the lead? He is starting a new team and was running up front. That was impressive.

I smell favoritsm.

“SEMPER FIDELIS”

Since: Jun 08

Sallisaw OK

#22 Feb 10, 2009
Jrsredneckwoman wrote:
<quoted text>Hey you! how ya doing? Are you going to play in the race pool this yr?
I'm good. I dunno. probably not cause i'm not on here enough. How are things in yer neck of the woods
Jim

Berlin, NH

#23 Feb 10, 2009
Not Jealous of Jr wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you notice that Fox turns the sound on the fans whenever Jr takes the lead?
I find that annoying.
Why didn't they do that when Tony was in the lead? He is starting a new team and was running up front. That was impressive.
I smell favoritsm.
I did notice it and shook my head in disbelief.

I have said before they do that and it has never been so clear as it was Saturday night.

The announcer says Jr. takes the lead, the announces don't say anything and you can hear the crowd getting louder as if someone turned the volume up.

I love how the announces don't talk so they can play the crowd noise.

Normally they don't shut up, but at that time they were speachless.

Hmmmm....

What a joke.
Menard Vickers Fan

London, Canada

#24 Feb 10, 2009
Junior Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
Which means he did not race. He has not raced in Cup since 2006.
Whoyakidding wrote:
<quoted text>JN said he had not RACED since 06. Failing to qualify doesn't qualify as RACING. As for Cope's 1990 win, that was a gimme, he just happened to be at the right place at the right time, nothing but good luck. His two wins in 1990 were also his only top fives for the year. Cope has a total of 6 top fives that span a career all the way back to 1982. I would not be planning on coming down from Canada for his induction into the Hall of Fame anytime soon.
It's the second season for that team.
This means it's a new startup team from late last season. This is the third race for the car and Cope. Dale should know that car by now. His ego is the reason he doesn't.

Cope will be in the Hall of Fame.
we the people

Wayne, NJ

#25 Feb 10, 2009
Jr Rocks wrote:
<quoted text> LOSER LOSER LOSER LOSER LOSER LOSER LOSER LOSER.
JIM IS THE RING LEADER OF THE CIRCUS
sthuylmf

Since: Jul 08

Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

#26 Feb 10, 2009
I'm having problems figuring out who is who this year too. Maybe Junior and I can work on I together. LOL.

And when your fanbase composes over half of the fans in attendance at the event, chances of them making some noise when you take the lead is pretty good. Turn the volume up???? My goodness.

“JRW 88 Fan 4 Life!!”

Since: Jul 07

EARNHARDTVILLE

#27 Feb 10, 2009
Jr Rocks wrote:
<quoted text> I'm good. I dunno. probably not cause i'm not on here enough. How are things in yer neck of the woods
You don't have to be here it lasts for the whole seanson..I tried calling ..but you musta gave me some nut number,lol
Moderen day Bonnie, Clyde? LMAO
Junior Nation

Bethesda, MD

#28 Feb 10, 2009
Dew Addict wrote:
I'm having problems figuring out who is who this year too. Maybe Junior and I can work on I together. LOL.
And when your fanbase composes over half of the fans in attendance at the event, chances of them making some noise when you take the lead is pretty good. Turn the volume up???? My goodness.
Dang, I was so confused the entire shootout. I'd see the 07 and thought it was Bowyer. When the 20 went around I automatically thought it was Smoke. The 12 I was thinking it was Newman.... And the list goes on and on.

There are so many changes this year it will probably take me half the season just to know who is who without having to think twice about it.
Jim

Berlin, NH

#29 Feb 10, 2009
Real race fans know.

I bet when Jr. switched none of thought "oh there goes the #8 it's Jr. no wait..."

When all racing is to you, is one driver than everything else is a blur.

Remove blinders and enjoy racing.
Junior Nation

Bethesda, MD

#30 Feb 10, 2009
Jim wrote:
Real race fans know.
I bet when Jr. switched none of thought "oh there goes the #8 it's Jr. no wait..."
Actually Jim I did have problems looking for the 88. It wasn't the 8 so much that got me because the car changed to black.. It was the 9 Bud car that got me week after week. If fact, even now I have a little laps and look for that red Bud car.

Since: Mar 08

Topix Bar & Grill

#31 Feb 10, 2009
Jim wrote:
Real race fans know.
A real race fan does not go to a forum of a driver they don't like to bash him and his fans.

I don't like the Busch bros, but I don't visit their forums like you do with Jr.

Topix Bar & Grill

#32 Feb 10, 2009
Junior Nation wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually Jim I did have problems looking for the 88. It wasn't the 8 so much that got me because the car changed to black.. It was the 9 Bud car that got me week after week. If fact, even now I have a little laps and look for that red Bud car.
A lot of fans spent the race looking at who was in which car. Even though it was publicized who had made switches, fans still spent time locating cars on the track.

Can you imagine Gordon or Johnson in different numbers with different paint schemes?

It will take getting used to seeing the drivers in their new paint schemes and new numbers.
Chase

Castle Point, NY

#33 Feb 10, 2009
I actually noticed something very different with the media. No one is really talking about JR.

“JRW 88 Fan 4 Life!!”

EARNHARDTVILLE

#34 Feb 10, 2009
Jim wrote:
Real race fans know.
Why do uyou constantly do this..i have pasted nicely to you twice, wishing you a great day which you totally ignored, went on to attack Lisa..but you say it is the Jr. fans who are angry, rude..well it seems as if you aren't trying to get along nor do you want to see we Jr. have good in us too. You really should practice what you preach. Sorry but it just doesn't make any sense to go on about this crap day in, day out!

“JRW 88 Fan 4 Life!!”

EARNHARDTVILLE

#35 Feb 10, 2009
And yes! I see my typos.. so no need to correct me . I am fully aware of them.

Topix Bar & Grill

#36 Feb 10, 2009
Jrsredneckwoman wrote:
<quoted text>Why do uyou constantly do this..i have pasted nicely to you twice, wishing you a great day which you totally ignored, went on to attack Lisa..but you say it is the Jr. fans who are angry, rude..well it seems as if you aren't trying to get along nor do you want to see we Jr. have good in us too. You really should practice what you preach. Sorry but it just doesn't make any sense to go on about this crap day in, day out!
I love it when Jim and the Jrh8trs of the forum claim it is the Jr fans that have issues. They claim it is Jr fans that cause all the problems, at the track, bash other drivers, fans etc and yet........are they not the ones that came to a Jr forum doing exactly what they claim the Jr fans do?

It is quite hilarious.
Holy Moly

Vienna, VA

#37 Feb 10, 2009
IMHO it has nothing to do with having blinders on or beinga "rea" racfan as you put it, it has everything to do with getting used to change. As at the beginning of each new season, things have changed, it will take time for some people to get used to the changes.
However as usual you have used this opportunity to bash people. IMAGINE THAT!?!?!?!?!?
Jim wrote:
Real race fans know.
Holy Moly

Vienna, VA

#38 Feb 10, 2009
being a "real" ^^^^^

“JRW 88 Fan 4 Life!!”

EARNHARDTVILLE

#39 Feb 10, 2009
ABfan wrote:
<quoted text>
I love it when Jim and the Jrh8trs of the forum claim it is the Jr fans that have issues. They claim it is Jr fans that cause all the problems, at the track, bash other drivers, fans etc and yet........are they not the ones that came to a Jr forum doing exactly what they claim the Jr fans do?
It is quite hilarious.
So true ABfan ! I don't understand it. I know it is really getting old..as much hate that they claim we had ..well the proof is in whose writing? Not from most of us Jr. fans at all.. he never even responded to my commet abot Foster ..hmm guess he don't know who Foster is to Killer,lol
Anyways , i am just ignorning the negative ..and scrolling past for the most part. I have been following the races for over 25 yrs..and let me tell you i was so dang confused as to who was in what car , it will take a few races to get it down..imagine running 190 and it your first race, trying to foucus on keeping the car under control, and trying to keep it all straight.
Another thing..and i have nothing against GB whatsoever..But i don't think Jr. has made any Jackazz flicks like the Biff announced that he did on his off time..hmmm And even admitted he cut some of the stunts out that will be aired.. but i guess that is ok. I hope no child trys to follow , see if they can do it .

Hope you are doing well.

“JRW 88 Fan 4 Life!!”

EARNHARDTVILLE

#40 Feb 10, 2009
Holy Moly wrote:
being a "real" ^^^^^
Hello Holy..is your hubby not playing in the pool this yr? If so he must turn it in by tomorrow.
Hope all is well for you, your family.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

J.L. Pennington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NASCAR: What did Stewart mean by 'dead weight' ... (Sep '11) Oct '11 rlsdntaplyto48tm 14
News David Gilliland and more news.. (Nov '09) Nov '09 Skipper 2
News 1990 Daytona 500 Winner, Derrike Cope, Makes Fi... (Oct '09) Oct '09 WWE NASCAR 1
News Gibbs gives Gilliland chance to qualify fourth car (Sep '09) Sep '09 The New Twenty 3
More from around the web