As pressure mounts, Yeley keeps his cool

As pressure mounts, Yeley keeps his cool

There are 286 comments on the Detroit Free Press story from Jun 17, 2007, titled As pressure mounts, Yeley keeps his cool. In it, Detroit Free Press reports that:

“Obviously, you are in the automotive capital of the world and you want to do well”

J.J. Yeley is a pretty cool customer for someone caught in the crosshairs. There's talk Yeley might lose his job at Joe Gibbs Racing, where Dale Earnhardt Jr. via Detroit Free Press

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Detroit Free Press.

First Prev
of 15
Next Last
Terry

United States

#381 Aug 7, 2007
Front page of USA TODAY sports page. Kyle busch to gibbs . Yeley gone. BYE BYE
MeNotU

Encinitas, CA

#382 Aug 7, 2007
Jr Burton Fan wrote:
As i said before, when Yeley was fired, then i'd be done posting here. He's future with Gibbs is done, and even if he gets a ride with the Wood Brothers, i still see no success in Yeley's future but im done bashing him. I just wanted him out at Gibbs, he is, so im finished. I was right, and that's all that matters. You Yeley fans can put whatever twist on it to help u sleep at night to think you were right, but in the end Yeley's possible future in Nextel has been severely weakened if not completely dead! Go back to your fantasizing cause im done here! Burton fan has left this blog!
Once again, thank you for playing "JrBurtonYeleyFan"
Debi Does

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#383 Aug 7, 2007
Yeley Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Explain to me the history behind the 18 and then how any driver in the last 6 years could be judged. I can understand you not liking JJ for whatever reason, but results from that team and the reputation that Gibbs has regarding the 18, speaks volumes. If JJ does as well as this season in the 21, then what! Could you then admit that I was right all along. What Kyle does in that car next year can not be compared when the first thing they do is release the crew chief, and they will.
I wonder if Kyle's present crew chief will come with him. He is good, they make a good team.
Debi Does

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#384 Aug 7, 2007
Jr Burton Fan wrote:
As i said before, when Yeley was fired, then i'd be done posting here. He's future with Gibbs is done, and even if he gets a ride with the Wood Brothers, i still see no success in Yeley's future but im done bashing him. I just wanted him out at Gibbs, he is, so im finished. I was right, and that's all that matters. You Yeley fans can put whatever twist on it to help u sleep at night to think you were right, but in the end Yeley's possible future in Nextel has been severely weakened if not completely dead! Go back to your fantasizing cause im done here! Burton fan has left this blog!
YEAH!!!
Dale Jr Fan

United States

#385 Aug 7, 2007
Debi Does wrote:
<quoted text>I wonder if Kyle's present crew chief will come with him. He is good, they make a good team.
His present crew chief will need to change his tune if he goes with Kyle. He made the remark he was staying at Hendrick
even if he had to sweep floors.....but money talks..
LARD EM UP

United States

#386 Aug 7, 2007
Jr Burton Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Trust me, i'd love to see Tony be the top guy at RCR, and frankly im sick of Kevin being the poster boy for such a great organization, especially when Burton's the one that turned it around, all Kevin did was piss his pants and whine like a fat kid wanting cake! Burton should be the flagship driver at RCR, but he's such a modest person, and i like that bout him. Tony would fit in well there and i think Richard could keep a grip on him, but i just dont see Gibbs letting Tony out of his contract that easy, he's just brings them too much money and with his talent, i'd be suprised as hell if they did. There would have to be a SHITLOAD of money changing hands for me to buy that, but like i said, i think Stewart and RCR would be a great fit. As far Yeley, if he goes to the Wood Brothers, and if he was to show that talent you fans say he has, i'd love to see the Wood Brothers succeed cause of their history in the sport, just as i was hoping Bobby would do for the Petty's, but like the Petty's, i just dont think the Wood Brothers are any where even close to competiting with top teams in the series, so if you think Yeley's goin to be in a better stiuation than what he had by joining the Wood brothers, your sadly mistaken. Ill be the first to admit when im wrong, but i dont EVER see Yeley doing that.
To bad for you , Richard and my man Kevin just merged RCR and KHI! Kevin is and always will be the GOLDEN BOY OF RCR!! BUT! Tony does want to drive a cup car for Delana!!and being there building on, makes one wonder!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 15
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

J.J. Yeley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Yeley 3-for-3 for underfunded Cup team this season (Mar '11) Mar '11 Triple C 2
News Shannon McIntosh: Back On Track And Everything ... (Aug '10) Aug '10 ruttrosmokesmojo 1
News The ScoreNew racing series coming to Indy (Aug '10) Aug '10 ruttrosmokesmojo 2
News J.J. Yeley replaces Terry Cook as driver for Wh... (May '10) May '10 JJ YELEY FAN 1
News J.J. Yeley returns to race track at Chili Bowl (Jan '10) Jan '10 KAS 2
News J.J. Yeley Comeback (Nov '09) Nov '09 jimmy48 5
Get Well Soon JJ ! (Aug '09) Aug '09 KASYNS 1
More from around the web