As pressure mounts, Yeley keeps his cool

As pressure mounts, Yeley keeps his cool

There are 286 comments on the Detroit Free Press story from Jun 17, 2007, titled As pressure mounts, Yeley keeps his cool. In it, Detroit Free Press reports that:

“Obviously, you are in the automotive capital of the world and you want to do well”

J.J. Yeley is a pretty cool customer for someone caught in the crosshairs. There's talk Yeley might lose his job at Joe Gibbs Racing, where Dale Earnhardt Jr. via Detroit Free Press

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Detroit Free Press.

First Prev
of 15
Next Last

“Smoke and the Rocketman”

Since: Jan 07

United States

#1 Jun 17, 2007
did this person write this column BEFORE Jr announced that he was going to Hendricks? or after? reporters who are not NASCAR fans have no right spreading rumors...I wonder how JJ feels reading articles like this? why do people need to even talk about stuff like this? why can't people leave the pressure OFF JJ?

Since: Dec 06

Huntersville, NC

#3 Jun 17, 2007
Jr Burton Fan wrote:
OH, it isnt off yet! According to this article:
http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/news/story...
Gibbs is interested in Busch and i think the biggest threat for Yeley's job is Biffle, but even if you ruled out both of them, you still have developmental drivers Brad Coleman, Aric Amirola and Joey Logano. I love every article that comes out bout losing his job cause he dont deserve it! He may be a great USAC driver but he hasnt done worth a damn in Nextel nor Busch so why should he keep his job? You cant say it's the equipment cause both of his teammates are in the Chase at the moment in the top ten, so what's his excuse? There are more talented drivers out there who could do so much more with that car than he has, so if he loses his job, and i think he knows it's coming, then nothing personal, but you have to have talent to keep your ride!
JJ's ranked 18th out of 66 Cup drivers - not to shabby so shut your trap!
charlottecrier

Concord, NC

#4 Jun 17, 2007
Let's get one thing straight here "Jr Burton Fan" - JJ has been offered a one year deal to return to Gibbs in 2008. He has declined saying that he needs a multi-year deal. He has several multi-year offers from big Cup teams. JD knows this and that is why he is talking to other available drivers. So you need to stop talking about him getting "fired!" You saying that JJ is going to get fired is like saying that Bobby Labonte got fired. They both knew/know what the issue was/is on that car. The only thing that hasn't changed on that car since 2004 is the crew chief. If the 2000 Winston Cup Champion saw it and the 2003 Triple Crown Champion can see it - then surely a die-hard Nascar fan like you can! So get your head out of the sand and go give someone else a hard time because I can guarantee you that JJ isn't scared!

Huntersville, NC

#7 Jun 17, 2007
Jr Burton Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
And where are his teammates? I believe one is second in points and the other is sixth? OH yea, he's a shining light in championship caliber team, now isnt he! His talent is a joke!
Looks like somebody forgot to take their Zoloft today! Name one team who has all of their drivers in the top 12! How is being ranked 18th a sign of no talent? Go take your medicine and go away!

“"Racing Rules"”

NHRA

#8 Jun 17, 2007
Jr Burton Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
And where are his teammates? I believe one is second in points and the other is sixth? OH yea, he's a shining light in championship caliber team, now isnt he! His talent is a joke!
UH OH...LOL...You seem to not have any trouble making friends???? lol sorry,could not help myself:)Have a great evening!:)
charlottecrier

Concord, NC

#9 Jun 17, 2007
Gosh! 18th! That is horrible! Let's see...all below JJ in the standings: Mears, Sorenson, Stremme, Kahne, Riggs, Sadler, Vickers, oh and "this just in!!" your beloved BIFFLE! I have nothing against Biffle, he has been having bad luck the past couple of years. But if you are going to get on here and talk about how JJ sucks - then perhaps you shouldn't suggest that Biffle, who is below him in the points, replace him! I mean, DUH! And then you suggest that Almirola, Coleman or Lagano replace him. Well, Almirola & Coleman haven't even completed 1 full season in the Busch series. And Lagano, he's 16! DUH...you know where I am going with that.

Come on, I was giving you more credit than that!

“It's just not funny”

USA

#10 Jun 17, 2007
If you'd like more fun...come to this thread...

Junior Can't Bring Budweiser to JGR Team

This is the thread where his nic was JR TO JGR...where he spent many posts YELLING AT US that Jr was going to boot JJY out of the 18 car and JR would take that ride. Not to mention calling us all idiots among other things b/c we didn't believe what he considers to be FACTS b/c HE says them.

He was just a LITTLE BIT WRONG...so his behavior on this thread and that one is the result of him being WRONG. VERY VERY WRONG.:)

Which, by the way, I enjoyed greatly.

“Smoke and the Rocketman”

Since: Jan 07

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#13 Jun 17, 2007
tonight on VL Carl said that it is not that a guy loses his talent, it is that the car has got to be perfect.. we see how Tony and his team who have been together for years has got to work on his car throughout a race, same with Jimmie Johnson... JJ and his team just don't have it quite right, but since the old cars are being phased out, maybe the races in the old cars for him will not be as good as the ones in the COT because they are working on the future, not wasting time on the past.
last year he over drove and crashed, like many rookies do,, this year he is finishing races and as someone else said, he is higher in the points than a lot of other drivers...

Huntersville, NC

#14 Jun 17, 2007
Jr Burton Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
And were you right? Were you? No, i dont think so! Just because Jr didnt go there, did you think i was goin to lay off Yeley? Yeley sucks as a driver and he'll be fired, it's just a matter of time!
So what if JJ got fired. What's in it for you? Do you get some sort of "big" payout???? NO, you get not a darn thing!

You are just one measly little moron amongst thousands of other posters, so your opinions and rants mean very little.....if anything at all.

“It's just not funny”

USA

#15 Jun 17, 2007
Jr Burton Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
And were you right? Were you? No, i dont think so! Just because Jr didnt go there, did you think i was goin to lay off Yeley? Yeley sucks as a driver and he'll be fired, it's just a matter of time!
Was I right... YES I WAS. JR IS NOT AT GIBBS AND DID NOT BOOT JJ OUT OF HIS RIDE.

You can yell all you want about JJ. You just don't like him - for some personal reason and think if you yell loud enough - just like before - you'll change someone's mind...or get someone to agree with you. Didn't work too well last time, now did it?

“It's just not funny”

USA

#18 Jun 17, 2007
Jr Burton Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you were not right, had you been right, he'd be at Ginn right now, now wouldnt he! Im not yelling, im disagreeing, and talk bout someone trying to change someone elses mind? You think if i see how sunny his personality is and how he's such a great family man or something, then ill change my mind? I dont like him as a driver and therefore, he shouldnt be in a ride, he's a joke on wheels, and if you wanna keep argueing bout it, then so be it, im not backing down!
]

I never said he was going to Ginn. YOU asked me to make a list of why he could go there...and I said AGAIN that I didn't care where he went as long as it wasn't Gibbs (which is wasn't).

No, you don't have to change your mind. And you can stop trying to get everyone else to change theirs. You can not like him all you want. I don't like JR - who is NOT at Gibbs. You're just posting to annoy people that like JJ and that's just bullsh*t and it's getting old.

“smokes~ mojo”

kepin' the ears on the big dog

#19 Jun 17, 2007
ok .........agree to disagree for gods sakes its a done deal get over it and stop yelling ..the horse is dead everyone get shovels and bury the damn thing and lets move on ......AGREE TO DISAGREE!!!!!!!!!!

“It's just not funny”

USA

#20 Jun 17, 2007
ruttrosmokesmojo wrote:
ok .........agree to disagree for gods sakes its a done deal get over it and stop yelling ..the horse is dead everyone get shovels and bury the damn thing and lets move on ......AGREE TO DISAGREE!!!!!!!!!!
Hey...you don't have to read it you know.:)

“"Racing Rules"”

NHRA

#21 Jun 17, 2007
ruttrosmokesmojo wrote:
heheheheh,hi gal!!!:)*wink*,*wink*....you are so right!:)What color shovel are you....(do you remember that one?)I will be purple!

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#23 Jun 17, 2007
Fire the crew chief....Bobby knew what the problem was and he was a champion. The 18 car does not get the same attention as the other Gibbs cars...thats why Bobby left.

“smokes~ mojo”

#24 Jun 17, 2007
TRUE BUT THIS IS GETTING WORSE THAN THE TNT AT LEAST TNT WAS HUMOROUS.... BESIDES THIS IS EXACTLY HOW DABTWIT STARTED

“smokes~ mojo”

#25 Jun 17, 2007
mindy wrote:
<quoted text>heheheheh,hi gal!!!:)*wink*,*wink*....you are so right!:)What color shovel are you....(do you remember that one?)I will be purple!
im gonna be Orange 0:)~

“"Racing Rules"”

NHRA

#26 Jun 17, 2007
ruttrosmokesmojo wrote:
<quoted text> im gonna be Orange 0:)~
LOL...GOD BLESS YA! You Remembered!:)

“"Racing Rules"”

NHRA

#27 Jun 17, 2007
ruttrosmokesmojo wrote:
TRUE BUT THIS IS GETTING WORSE THAN THE TNT AT LEAST TNT WAS HUMOROUS.... BESIDES THIS IS EXACTLY HOW DABTWIT STARTED
Excuse my poor spelling,i decided to drink two Martini's instead of just one tonight! I am a light weight of only 100lbs,Might be less,who knows and who cares!lol...omg,i am LMAO....YOU ARE TOO FUNNY!(i know what your talking about)
charlottecrier

Concord, NC

#28 Jun 18, 2007
jj 18 fan wrote:
Fire the crew chief....Bobby knew what the problem was and he was a champion. The 18 car does not get the same attention as the other Gibbs cars...thats why Bobby left.
AH HA! Thank you. I'm glad we are all getting the same page here! TEAM SPORT...not a one man effort. If it were a one-man effort, then the 20 car wouldn't be where they are today! Tony has Zippy to keep him in line (for the most part). And Denny, well truth be told, they were SO CLOSE to firing Mike Ford in 2005 and bringing Steve Addington over to CC the 11 car. But Denny said, hey, I like this guy, we work well together. It's chemistry and the 18 guys are getting better this year. However, JJ and Steve may not be the best combination. Steve got JGR their first Busch win with Mike Bliss. Therefore, he is pretty much "grandfathered in" over there.

Mr. Jr Burton Fan, who lives in "th' boro" (which is what Nashvillians affectionately call Murfreesboro) doesn't know how these organizations work. This business is more about WHO you know than WHAT you know. Every once in a while you come across a Denny Hamlin who can drive the wheels off a car!

And yes, all those people really do live in Davidson, as do I. It is a very nice town - go take a look at the property values and then tell me that it is a place that you would want to go "die" in, PUNK!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 15
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

J.J. Yeley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Yeley 3-for-3 for underfunded Cup team this season (Mar '11) Mar '11 Triple C 2
News Shannon McIntosh: Back On Track And Everything ... (Aug '10) Aug '10 ruttrosmokesmojo 1
News The ScoreNew racing series coming to Indy (Aug '10) Aug '10 ruttrosmokesmojo 2
News J.J. Yeley replaces Terry Cook as driver for Wh... (May '10) May '10 JJ YELEY FAN 1
News J.J. Yeley returns to race track at Chili Bowl (Jan '10) Jan '10 KAS 2
News J.J. Yeley Comeback (Nov '09) Nov '09 jimmy48 5
Get Well Soon JJ ! (Aug '09) Aug '09 KASYNS 1
More from around the web