Junior Can't Bring Budweiser to JGR T...

Junior Can't Bring Budweiser to JGR Team

There are 347 comments on the The Associated Press story from May 26, 2007, titled Junior Can't Bring Budweiser to JGR Team . In it, The Associated Press reports that:

If Dale Earnhardt Jr. ends up at Joe Gibbs Racing, team officials are adamant it won't be with sponsor Budweiser.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Associated Press.

First Prev
of 18
Next Last

“smokes~ mojo”

Since: Dec 06

kepin' the ears on the big dog

#2 May 26, 2007
I think its interesting that gibbs doesn't think BUDWIESER is "family image" sponser but his driver hauling his (then)married tramp (HO~DEPOT) girlfriend to nascar events bodes well for family image and values . JMO but that's sorta hypicritical thing to say ...Bud does alot for both sports he is involved with....

“Do what you must!”

Brooklyn, New York

#3 May 26, 2007
Jr in 07 wrote:
I think Ginn is wasting his time. Jr wants an ALREADY established organization and it ought to be obvious that Jr doesnt want to go there cause he, Jr along with Kelly, has already talking to other owners and taken tours of other facilities(hearing Joe Gibbs so far) and Ginn hasnt talked to Jr in person, but Jr does not want a work in progress organization, the best driver there, Mark Martin, would only be his part time teammate, no other driver there has done worth a damn, they havent won a race since 2004, and Mark has only done impressive in races featuring the Car of Yesterday, their COT program is the worst one of all the Chevy teams, even behind Haas, and that's the car that'll be in the series full time. I can tell you, Jr wants to go by who's got the best equipment and where he'll fit in best and im getting sick and tired of everybody thinkin that Budweiser will dictate who Jr drives for, JR will decide where he goes and Budweiser isnt the only sponsor he has out there chasing him. The article even says that JGR could be the leading candidate. Ginn may have been able to BUY Mark Martin, but he isnt goin to be as lucky to get Jr and in the end he shouldnt be suprised when Jr decides to go to another elite team to his inferior one. It reminds me of Ganassi last year when Casey bolted his organization to go to Hendrick and said he completely understood the decision and couldnt blame him, i hope Ginn can take it just as well!
Getting a little worry,Jr in 07? He do have other sponsor after him so if he do end up their it wouldn't be surprise if Bud don't follow. He do want to run for an establish team and I think that JGR will be a good fit for him. Now any way.....

"It reminds me of Ganassi last year when Casey bolted his organization to go to Hendrick and said he completely understood the decision and couldn't blame him, I hope Ginn can take it just as well! " Did you just say that, so you do agree with me, that Casey never had the good equipment in Gannassi! I knew you only had mouth!.:P
BIG Sista

AOL

#4 May 26, 2007
ruttrosmokesmojo wrote:
I think its interesting that gibbs doesn't think BUDWIESER is "family image" sponser but his driver hauling his (then)married tramp (HO~DEPOT) girlfriend to nascar events bodes well for family image and values . JMO but that's sorta hypicritical thing to say ...Bud does alot for both sports he is involved with....
I would like to hear Gibb's thoughts on that. But, I don't think that'll ever happen.

“my ray of sunshine Michael”

Since: Feb 07

Kentucky/North Carolina

#5 May 26, 2007
ruttrosmokesmojo wrote:
that is true

“my ray of sunshine Michael”

Since: Feb 07

Kentucky/North Carolina

#9 May 26, 2007
Jr in 07 wrote:
And no, im not getting worried, im just sick of everybody thinkin that Ginn and Jr would be a good fit. i think Jeff Gordon and Jimmie Johnson fans are threatened by Jr and feel that if he goes to Ginn, he wont be competitive because their subpar to other teams and that if he goes to RCR or specifically Gibbs, and that he'll knock Johnson and Gordon off the top spots!
I hope he doesnt go to gibbs I cant stand him or his drivers JR is better off with Childress better team and better people there.I just wish Theresea wasnt so stuburn and selfish SR built that company for his kids and by all rights it should remain thiers Im sure if SR was here things would be different. I loved SR and I think its sad it has gone this way.
luvtonyseyes

Barre, VT

#11 May 27, 2007
Jr in 07 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, he also already runs Bud and Busch series decals on the side of the car as it is, but i guess to him it's okay to run it on the side, but it's not okay to have it on the hood, what a hypocrite!
Good point! Maybe if they just put it in small letters it'll be okay. If he felt that strongly about it like the Petty's do then he wouldn't comptete in the Bud shootout. But guess it's okay to do that and even win the thing this year. Just doesn't make sense.

“Smoke and the Rocketman”

Since: Jan 07

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#12 May 27, 2007
I think the best solution for Jr would be to go with Hall of Fame racing, which is a satelite team for JGR.. all the same stuff.. Tony Raines has had cars that could ride up front.. Jr could be the big dog.. they would love Budweiser.. all would be good.

“It's just not funny”

USA

#13 May 27, 2007
ruttrosmokesmojo wrote:
My thoughts exactly!

But...you know...Tony is JGR's money maker.

I'll have to tell my brother he doesn't display a FAMILY IMAGE b/c he drinks Budweiser. I wonder what his wife and children will think?! geez.

“Im bad, really really bad”

Pearl River, NY

#14 May 27, 2007
Must suck to announce you need a new team to drive for and everyone hangs the no vacancy. JGR says he cant come with Bud. Hendrick has no room.

When you want someone you make room.

Pearl River, NY

#15 May 27, 2007
ruttrosmokesmojo wrote:
This was up on a public website the night she was in VL with Tony, and Spencer told the world her name was Tara, his gf and she changed Tony for the better.

Nice wedding ring. Maybe it was Ok cause Tara was family oriented, she was just oriented into the Gentry family not the Stewart one.

http://myspace-444.vo.llnwd.net/00613/44/40/6...

How fast that thing came down, dont tell me JGR isnt aware of it. You know his team is no one looks at the girl.
luvtonyseyes

Barre, VT

#16 May 27, 2007
I'm sure Jr will have a good ride next year. I just think if Gibbs wants to run a race team then he needs to think about what is best for the whole organization and how much of a benefit Jr could bring to the entire team. This whole thing, along with Hendricks saying there's no room could just be their way of trying to keep things quiet until the deal is done.

“Fallen Angel”

New England

#17 May 27, 2007
Funny drug war when the addictive killer alcohol is advertised on the cars kids watch racing.
Anonymous

United States

#18 May 27, 2007
Alcohol is not a killer. People are killers. Drugs are killers.

But you have to really be trying hard to be killed by consuming alcohol. Just like you can killed by drinking water.

Pearl River, NY

#19 May 27, 2007
Anonymous wrote:
But you have to really be trying hard to be killed by consuming alcohol.
No you dont.

Its simple.

Drink. Drive.

JGR is against everything alcohol represents, the stigma around it, therefore they dont want to promote it, especially in a sport many children enjoy, their not against the ingredients itself. Your taking it too literal.
Alcohol kills

Marina Del Rey, CA

#21 May 27, 2007
Anonymous wrote:
Alcohol is not a killer. People are killers. Drugs are killers.
But you have to really be trying hard to be killed by consuming alcohol. Just like you can killed by drinking water.
Alcohol is not a killer, huh? Maybe you could tell that to my wife and 2 baby girls who were killed 8 months ago when a drunk driver hit them head on. Then you can talk to my uncle who died last year from liver problems brought on by alcohol use.

Alcohol kills thousands of people every year. Perhaps that is why Gibbs doesn't want to promote the sale of alcohol by fielding a car with a huge alcohol advertisement on it. A driver with class wouldn't be caught driving a car sponsored by them either. which may explain why Jr is in the Bud car.

Since: Oct 06

Location hidden

#22 May 27, 2007
Potato chips and bacon kill too.

Since: Apr 07

Plainfield, IN

#25 May 27, 2007
little bo peep wrote:
<quoted text>Because JGR don't pry into there driver's private live's as neithr should we. It is pathetic that the driver's private live's should be bashed as bad as you all have Tony!But then people with hate, don't know any better!
Funny how little bo peep makes the exact same grammatical errors that granny does! Someone needs to learn the difference between plural and plural possessive! LMAO

“RACING RULES ”

Longview, Tx

#27 May 27, 2007
Maro wrote:
<quoted text>
This was up on a public website the night she was in VL with Tony, and Spencer told the world her name was Tara, his gf and she changed Tony for the better.
Nice wedding ring. Maybe it was Ok cause Tara was family oriented, she was just oriented into the Gentry family not the Stewart one.
http://myspace-444.vo.llnwd.net/00613/44/40/6...
How fast that thing came down, dont tell me JGR isnt aware of it. You know his team is no one looks at the girl.
I have seen that picture before and never noticed that gun in his front pocket. Hummmm
otw man

Jacksonville, FL

#29 May 27, 2007
Maro wrote:
<quoted text>
No you dont.
Its simple.
Drink. Drive.
JGR is against everything alcohol represents, the stigma around it, therefore they dont want to promote it, especially in a sport many children enjoy, their not against the ingredients itself. Your taking it too literal.
Thank you!

“It's just not funny”

USA

#30 May 27, 2007
wake up wrote:
<quoted text>
is this random or what? why are you bring this shit up when we are talking about Jr? you are obssessed
NO DAB...it's YOU that's obsessed...w/posting with fake names.

Good to see you staying out of things like you said in the thread you started.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 18
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

J.J. Yeley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Yeley 3-for-3 for underfunded Cup team this season (Mar '11) Mar '11 Triple C 2
News Shannon McIntosh: Back On Track And Everything ... (Aug '10) Aug '10 ruttrosmokesmojo 1
News The ScoreNew racing series coming to Indy (Aug '10) Aug '10 ruttrosmokesmojo 2
News J.J. Yeley replaces Terry Cook as driver for Wh... (May '10) May '10 JJ YELEY FAN 1
News J.J. Yeley returns to race track at Chili Bowl (Jan '10) Jan '10 KAS 2
News J.J. Yeley Comeback (Nov '09) Nov '09 jimmy48 5
Get Well Soon JJ ! (Aug '09) Aug '09 KASYNS 1
More from around the web